Apexi n1 exv coil overs

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by Cody Weatherly, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Cody Weatherly

Cody Weatherly Active Member

hey guys, I currently have a set of apexi n1 exv coil overs and I have a small issue with one of them. I seem to have a spring that I can rotate by hand, is that normal? and also who knows how to set suspension to drivers liking? I bought the car last march and that's what they came with so I never touched them until I pulled them off due to putting stock struts on for winter, I do not have a wrench or tool to adjust so any help would be great thanks

2. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

I would contact Jeff the Alignment Guy and he can help you get the car setup how you want it.

3. joebush44

joebush44 Well-Known Member

4. Cody Weatherly

thanks I'll look into the both of these

5. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Wow, that's a terrible write up.

6. joebush44

LOL it's confusing, but gives you something to go on. Do you know where better documentation exists?

7. idget

For OP, I'd try iwsti. The best documentation on the coilovers is going to be from the manufacturer and from measuring and looking for any markings on the springs to determine whether the pre-load is fine. With some prereq knowledge on ride height, suspension geometry, total spring rate, suspension travel, etc... he can answer his second question. At the very least, pick a ride height measured from hub center to fender, set it, then bring it in for an alignment.

Would help to know what kind of rear camber/toe adjustment you have as well as any camber/caster adjustment is available in the front.

8. Cody Weatherly

is this something I can talk/email someone at apexi about? I have done little research I'm sorry for the laziness but have been busy

9. Cody Weatherly

Thanks for the info kind sir. The guy I bought it from gave me little info on his suspension set up and unfortunately didn't have paper work. He bought them and had a shop do the install and alignment.

10. idget

Looks like those have adjustable front top hats. So you could probably slant them for camber and caster adjustment. The rears probably don't so check the rear lateral links to see if those are stock/nonadjustable. If so, you'll want to limit how low you go in the back as you won't be able to dial out much of the negative camber you get when lowering.
    You can probably assume the springs are their off the shelf rates, but might as well check the springs themselves for any markings.
    You should be able to pick up generic spanner wrenches to adjust the ride height.

11. Cody Weatherly

Ok I'll will look into everything and give it a go. Thanks

12. Cody Weatherly

update- my springs seem to be in good shape, nothing appears to be bent or twisted. I did put them back on my car due just to try and get it set for my liking. I have access to stock struts and may be selling these coil overs, thoughts or offers? anyone know what these are worth used?

13. joebush44

'bout tree-fiddy

Cody Weatherly and Mnelson like this.