Ascent

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by djhamp, Apr 8, 2020.

1. djhamp

djhamp Well-Known Member

Anyone have a Ascent or know someone who does, looking for reviews. We are in the market for a 7 passenger vehicle, probably will trade in or sell my STI :(
    Otherwise its off to the minivan world

2. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Don't have one, but I think it is too big and heavy for the engine they put in it. Odyssey or Sienna FTW.

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  3. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

Back in the day we had a Ford Aerostar EXT (Eddie Bauer all wheel drive), Ford Econoline (château package), and lastly a Cadillac Escalade ESV. Each of those vehicles went on numerous cross country trips. Anyone of those would scratch that seven passenger itch ;-) on any given trip we had 3 to 4 children and one to two dogs.

djhamp and tangledupinblu like this.
  4. pillboy

5. skubi1

skubi1 Well-Known Member

I'd probably stay Subie, but that's me. On the other hand, the minivans mentioned hold their value extremely well. You can't really go wrong with either one. Seating capacity and MPG are pretty similar, tech and comfort are probably better in the minivans though.

6. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Fold away seats in the minivans ftw. Just get a Subaru emblem package off of Amazon and label up the Caravan. Nobody will know

Krazylegz1485, silver03 and pillboy like this.
  7. 55_MPH

55_MPH Active Member

We got one last summer. They are great. We drove most of the competition. The Ascent drove much more like a car than others. Didn't have the body roll and the viability was second to none.

8. djhamp

djhamp Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, we are going in Wednesday to minnetonka to see what I can get for my STI and drive a Ascent. They have 0% finance & lots of inventory so we'll see

tangledupinblu likes this.
  9. pillboy

This is so true. The Dodge dealer techs will also be thrown for a loop.

10. 55_MPH

55_MPH Active Member

If you have a Costco membership Luther in Bloomington has discounts on purchase and accessories. We also paid for the app which does remote start and some other stuff, best money we spent.

11. Evil_Ed

Evil_Ed Active Member

Can't add much as I never drove one, but was a passenger in one, and I was pretty impressed with the ride. Bumps that my Crosstrek would have wobbled and bounded over, the Ascent just drove on through with barely a jostle. If I could justify the cost and size, I'd seriously look at one just based on ride comfort alone.

12. James Hickey

James Hickey Active Member

I bought a 2020 Premium for my wife and we love it. It seats 8 and has plenty of leg room in the middle room, but full size adults may have a problem in the third row. The FA24 motor is great and spools quick for an SUV and since I haven't bought a new car since my '08 Spec B, I was way behind on the in-cab technology superb to say the least!

13. STi_From_DSM

STi_From_DSM Well-Known Member

Be sure to talk to Scott Putnam, he will get you the best deal on your STi. Plus he is just an all around awesome guy. Tell him the guy that bought the Type RA referred you as I like to send as much business as I can his way.
    On the other hand, my wife has a 2018 Durango GT (Yes, only a V6, but still drives nice). I have really enjoyed driving that.

14. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

went from odyssey to ascent. never looked back. good passing power, drives smooths, amazing tech, and interior is put nice. Not cheap plastics like the rest of the other competitors.

I bought the touring model due to its extra perks and brown leather. But I wished I got the limited with the moon roof/navi package with the the 8 passenger. The touring only comes in 7 passenger.

It has pretty good storage and the 3rd has great clearance.

15. PJ171

PJ171 Well-Known Member

Wife and I stopped by White bear Subaru to test drive one but it wasn't for us. We sat in the Accent they had in the showroom first and it just felt weirdly too massive inside to both of us. I work on large displacement engines and am pretty used to larger interior cabins, just not sure why neither of us could get settled in. Its like the dash never ended or something...
    =
    On the flip side that may be the trick with this car, way more spacious inside than you expect and nicely appointed inside. I have no doubt Subaru will sell a million of them, cup holders for days (I lost track trying to count them all)!

16. PJ171

PJ171 Well-Known Member

facepalm, duplicate post...

17. JaloP

JaloP Well-Known Member

FB_IMG_1588356466091.jpg

Attached Files: