Best All-Season Tires?

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by ever0150, Feb 12, 2018.

1. ever0150

ever0150 New Member

Looking for some decent all-season tires for my 2005 WRX, any recs?

2. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

What do you want your all season tire to do. You can get some that handle snow well and cold temps but suck in rain and warm weather...and so on. You need to pick one thing your tire has to do excellent. one that it does well then one thing that it does decent. You will not find a tire that can do it all even in an all season.

So think on that report back and we can give you some ideas.

ever0150 likes this.
  3. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

All season=4 season? Continental extreme contact DWS OR there is a Nokian tire (cant recall which model) that is supposed to be outstanding as well.

predavore and ever0150 like this.
  4. pleiades

pleiades Well-Known Member

I'm running Toyo Celsius on my company car (Cruze) and have no complaints so far. Relatively cheap, dry and wet grip are good, handles snow pretty well even with FWD. They do have a lot of siping so they're geared a little more towards snow, only time I've been stuck is when it was so deep my undercarriage got hung up.

ever0150 likes this.
  5. pleiades

ever0150 likes this.
  6. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

"Best" is clearly subjective......

If you want winter traction, but don't want to swap out for snow tires. Nokian WRG3. But, they can be kind of loud, they're rated for 50k or 55k miles (whereas others in the same price range are rated for 75-90k), and they can be difficult to balance.

If dry road manners are higher on your priority list, there are many options. We have installed a ton of Hankook H727s over the last few years, they just replaced them with the H737 that's seems to be a little better in almost every way. But it's still a touring tire, so you might want more of a performance tire, but that'll sacrifice snow traction even more.....

If you have a Subaru dealership buy your tires from the Subaru tire program (which is the Tire Rack), they come with 2 year road hazard coverage.

pleiades, ever0150 and Aegis like this.
  7. ever0150

ever0150 New Member

The tires are for a daily driver, so I am looking for something reliable but still fun in the snow. I won't be pushing the car too hard in the summer, so winter performance is probably more important.

8. pleiades

The Toyos I'm running give a bit more road noise as well, FWIW.

9. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

I'm sure. Those Toyos are interesting tires, too. I wish Tire Rack carried either of these options.