Beyond Cruelty

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Taras, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Taras

Taras BANNED

wow, send stray dogs to Korea where they can just be eaten? Sound like a great solution. :roll:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/03/080306-AP-kashmir-kil.html

2. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

you are surprised by this?

3. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

omg ... :mercy: :crying: :mercy:

4. fondune

fondune Well-Known Member

blegh

5. carl

carl Well-Known Member

so let's hear what you would do instead taras

6. gran0393

gran0393 Well-Known Member

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...dog!

7. Dizmal

Dizmal Well-Known Member

You should see what China is doing to cats for the Olympics...

8. carl

carl Well-Known Member

omg, cooking all those dogs will assist in global warming! also, they might go extinct!

9. Taras

Taras BANNED

Well i sure am not as cruel as you carl.

I would neuter them and make sure they dont proliferate with more humane ways.

10. fondune

Go over there and instruct them on how they should be neutering these dogs. The article you posted states that their program for neutering dogs is failing. Fix it for them.

11. Taras

Taras BANNED

I am sure that not the only thing that is failing there.

12. fondune

True, but simply stating that you would fix this by neutering them has already occurred to them. It simply isn't working. I'm just curious how you would go about solving this problem, since eating them doesn't work for you.

13. Taras

Taras BANNED

You just need to neuter them right.

14. Soupboy

Soupboy Well-Known Member

A .22 is much more effective when appropriately deployed. Then they can be flash frozen for safe transit to Korea.

15. Soupboy

ftlcatz

16. carl

carl Well-Known Member

how do you know? did I ever state what I would do? no i didn't :roll:

see taras, this is why you get bitched out in every single thread. you basically misinterpret everything that is posted that doesn't agree 100% with your view

not too mention you take one single line of an article: "In New Delhi, one city councilor suggested shipping the country's strays to Korea, where dog meat is considered a delicacy." which is clearly included to induce sentiments exactly as you are expressing (ie. you are being manipulated by journalism and are ignoring the primary points of the article) and you flip it into being the stated solution.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: quoted for major lolzz

17. curly2k3

maybe in russia they would feed them instead of their general population...you know, to be humane.

18. Taras

Taras BANNED

I look at it differently. You come out with your comment as indifferent. And that sounds cruel in it self. I care and think its ridiculous that they do that. And what are the Primary Points of the article then?

19. carl

carl Well-Known Member

read for comprehension. don't just read for what you want to see.

20. Taras

Taras BANNED

Nevermind.

21. Taras

Taras BANNED

Comprehension? I guess you see something totally different in that article.

22. curly2k3

are you on crack? seriously. take another look there buddy, the US and the international community contribute alot to struggling nations. i am not saying its how it should be by any means, however there isnt a lack either.

23. carl

carl Well-Known Member

i just realized how absolutely pointless that comment was for taras

taras, i like you - you're a good guy in person but your personal views get so skewed online and you misinterpret everyone's counterpoints that there is no use arguing with you online

and just as an aside, I do not endorse the eating of dogs nor do I endorse the poisoning of them.

I was playing devil's advocate and taras got into his usual internet conundrum and with that, I'm out!

24. curly2k3

taras can even counter himself, there is no use. i see responding to his posts as sport almost.

25. Taras

Taras BANNED

Thanks for clearing this up carl.

26. Taras

Taras BANNED

they do help a lot. but compared to how much money is spend of other BS its nothing. I guess US government cant even support their struggling citizens so how would they help other nations.

27. curly2k3

alright, i will assume your half filled head is referring only to the military spending. so would you like us to withdraw that money, and then give it all way?

28. Taras

Taras BANNED

Not just the military per say. But thats a big one. And no not give it away, but spend it on let say education and helping the vets that come back from iraq with ptsd, no home, no money for education, and no ability to get a lone because now no one wants to give any one money. How is that for "support our troops"? And I would assume your choice of a president is McNasty who just voted against giving money to vets for college. Just putting the facts on the table no more no less.

29. curly2k3

You have ZERO idea of my political beliefs or representatives. The problem isnt just shallow rooted buddy, if you dont remember...the US and the former Soviet Union (aka Russia for you) were in this little heated ordeal. Nations were split, conquered, or "protected" in the name of Freedom/Democracy or Communism. Alot of our military and support goes to nations in which we dont have "needs" in or a "reason" to be there as you would probably state. we COULD do it the Russian way, pull out and leave everyone in the nation to fend of themselves, seems to have paid off for all those awesome communist nations right? right?

seriously, stop while you are not too deep. I honestly dont think you have a real clue as to what goes on in the world and where money goes. btw, i am FULLY aware we dont donate the most per capita, as i assume (if you can form a logical thought) that you would point that out. but also, look at what those nations put out in funds and what they do with their money. I agree, more should go to the returning soldiers, more should go to education, and more should go to the general welfare of the nation. but where do you plan for that money to come from? wasnt it YOU, the foreigner that was the possible one to BOUNCE a check to OUR government? well kiss that money good bye right if it bounces, too bad... atleast it was ALL going to the military efforts right?

taras, you aren't a bad person in person, but seriously. stop posting, stop talking, and stop in general; it honestly makes me think you are this dumb in person.

30. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

People cry about some dogs being killed to stop a problem, but many more go hungry every day you aren't causing a ruckus over that. Think of it as our deer problem in Minnesota. We DO have an over population of whitetails in the state from our mild, low snow winters and not enough people are in the woods thinning the herd. I don't hear about people protesting and crying about killing 250,00 deer every year.

Don't be a moral flip flopper.

31. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

In Russia, dogs eat you.

32. Taras

Taras BANNED

I just don't talk about politics in person. I am not talkig about russia. And I am not proud of my country at all I think Russia is a deeply troubled country. And I am not really even taking about US donating money to other nations. I was saying that republicans and in general lots of politicans are hipocrits. They "support" the troops but let the vets to hungry and homeless. And its shameless! And when you talk a out democracy and communism its bull ****. You will very soon see how sadly the war in Iraq will end. It will end soon. It will be worse than Vetnam. Terrarists are much more organized and the only thing they want is to kill, kill anyone who wants to make their lifesyle differrent. There is no way to end the war in a victory. If you watch news( not fox) you know that pretty much every month since last year was " the dedliest month"

33. Taras

Taras BANNED

deer and dogs is two diffent things.

34. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

Seriously STFU. You are consistently hypocritical one here. Dogs, cats, deer, rats, raccoons, whatever. Don't cry about one country's pest when we have another. Have you lived there? Because if you have not, then you have no idea what kind of problem they have.

Korea eats dogs. I don't see you carrying on about that. Some places eat cats.

Honestly, do you ever see the big picture? On anything?

35. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

The main focus I thought was on rabies!?:roll:

Rabies
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    For other uses, see Rabies (disambiguation).
    Rabies virus

Virus classification
    Group: Group V ((-)ssRNA)
    Order: Mononegavirales

Family: Rhabdoviridae

Genus: Lyssavirus

Type species
    Rabies virus

Rabies
    Classification and external resources

EM of rabies virus.
    ICD-10 A82.-
    ICD-9 071
    DiseasesDB 11148
    MedlinePlus 001334
    eMedicine med/1374 emerg/493 ped/1974
    MeSH D011818
    Rabies (Latin: rabies, "madness, rage, fury" also "hydrophobia") is a viral zoonotic neuroinvasive disease that causes acute encephalitis (inflammation of the brain) in mammals.

In non-vaccinated humans, rabies is almost invariably fatal after neurological symptoms have developed, but prompt post-exposure vaccination may prevent the virus from progressing. There are only six known cases of a person surviving symptomatic rabies, and only one known case of survival in which the patient received no rabies-specific treatment either before or after illness onset.[1]

Also...

Sukaseks
    Se Vükiped: sikloped libik
    Esukol padi: rabies

Bunön lü: nafam, suk
    No dabinon pad tiädü "rabies". Kanol jafön oni.

Ad lärnön mödikumosi dö suks in Vükiped, logolös Suks in Vükiped.

Leigon ko nos in padavödem
    Noet: Suks no benosekiks suvo pakodons dub steifüls ad tuvön vödis suvik äs „binon“ u „at“, tefü kels komataibs no padunons, u dub suk vöda plu bala. Te pads labü vöds pasuköl valiks polisedons.

Suk komplitikum

Would you say "just neuter them" if they bit your neice or nephew or girlfriend and they died? Would you still pet the puppy then??

36. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

I didn't know you spoke Finnish Josh... :hsugh:

(at least i think that's what that is)

37. Taras

Taras BANNED

Oh I see a big picture. And I see the detail as well. But I can tell you only look one way.

38. Soupboy

Q: Wait a minute, how do you shoot puppies and kittens?

A: Easy, you just don't lead them as far.

39. inappropriatescreenname

inappropriatescreenname New Member

seriously if they have rabies they need to be killed... they are going to die anyhow, and meanwhile while they are still alive they'll probably bite another animal or human... which will then get rabies... and most likely die (since afterall the post vaccine barely works, and i'm sure they have the most up to date medical facilities and whatnot there, right??) so meanwhile the next biteee will be running around with it's rabies... and bite something else... and the next thing you know is i'm in a run on sentence that I can't stop... omg... it's happened already!!!

Now, reread the story, and when it mentions 'dogs', do not envision 'fluffy' or 'skippy', 'spot' or snoopy for that matter. For the most part I doubt these are peoples well cared for pets, these are packs of disease ridden sickly dogs they are talking about.

Now dome dogs... there's some gooood eatin!

40. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

You shouldn't be talking about politics or the military, period. It's already been proven in several previous threads that you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. This thread is a case in point (again). You talk about how you "would neuter them right". What are you now, some sort of revolutionary animal doc? I'm pretty sure they have people over there capable of neutering dogs just as well as they do over here. Or perhaps you would try to give each dog a pack of Trojans and tell them to knock themselves out? You never have a supporting argument, just some flimsy statement and not a thing to back it up.

So what would you have us do against the terrorists who want us dead because of who we are and what we believe? You seem to have all the answers again. And how is the war going to end? I'm wildly curious about this one. You seem to have this idea that every Iraq war vet who comes home goes straight to the poverty line and ends up like Tom Cruise in Born on the 4th of July. And I don't know where you get this stupid idea that "every month since last year was the (I'll give you the right spelling) deadliest month". Thanks for proving that you have no ability to think for yourself and actually do some independent research. I got this after two seconds on Google: http://www.icasualties.org/oif/USByYear.aspx

If you'll take a look, I think you'll agree that we're not even close to the worst months. But hey, it's a lot easier not to do any of your own researching and get your info from everyone else. Now where have I said that before? Oh yeah, every other time you post up some brain numbing thread. :roll:

41. Dan

Dan New Member

If you grew up in that part of the world eating dog from an early point in life, you wouldn't think twice about this. If dog was the major source of protein in your life, you wouldn't think twice about this.

At some point mankind decided that animals are tools that support our lifestyles. That comes as food, work animals, and companions. In that regard, deer and dog are the same thing - creatures that support our lifestyles.

In India, the cow is revered, yet we have no qualms whatsoever about eating them. What's the difference? Geography?

42. Soupboy

Taste like chicken but made of dead rabid Indian dogs. That's how the Twins maintain their fan base!

43. fondune

The point you are making is the reason this thread exists. If Taras understood this, there wouldn't be a reason for him to complain.

44. Soupboy

I think we should start bombing terrorists with rabid Indian dogs wrapped in C4 packed with marbles. Oh, and not the pretty marbles either.

45. carl

carl Well-Known Member

the fail in this thread is multiplying. ship it to korea for good eats.