BIR Track Event - May 20th

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by 96HawkCnvt, May 8, 2013.

1. 96HawkCnvt

96HawkCnvt Active Member

Day At The Track - BIR​

Come on out to the track with us. This is a great chance to get out on a real race track. As we have done in the past, we will be with the BIR Driving School. You will have a great time honing your driving skills and learning the limits of you & your car. Any type of car or experience level is okay.

• Everyone is welcome
    • Great instruction provided by BIR Driving School
    • 1/2 day on each course
    • LOTS of time on the track
    • BIR is great for beginners but still offers a good challenge for those with experience
    • Please contact us with any questions!

When: Monday, May 20th
    Where: Brainerd International Raceway

WEBSITE
    Contact Info: Call Todd 651-203-8009 or email:[email protected]

Musashi likes this.
  2. derp

derp Well-Known Member

hmm.

wonder if I work.

3. 01midmetws6

01midmetws6 Well-Known Member

I am in and will be bringing both the WRX and STI. Can't wait to get back out on the track!

Musashi likes this.
  4. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Bring your friends as there will be lots of EVO's on this Day! :devil:

You guys will love the new surface and track enhancements! (WOT)

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  5. 01midmetws6

There will be two Evo's coming up in our group. I can't wait to get out on some new asphalt!

Musashi likes this.
  6. Musashi

It will be really nice to see you out there again pal, it's been a very long cold snowy winter if I might add. Rumor has it that the track is about 2-3 seconds faster now and safer. :coffee:

7. 01midmetws6

Two to three seconds faster? That means we will be carrying more speed everywhere! You are definitely going to have to help critique my driving this year.

Musashi likes this.
  8. Musashi

I am only permitted to teach students at these HPDE events the school lines and curriculum. Don't get me wrong it's plenty fast, but it's not the fastest way around the track. lol You know where to find me. :smoke:

9. MightyP

MightyP Member

Bah. Of course it's on a weekday. :mad:

10. KA-T_240

KA-T_240 Well-Known Member

Should be interesting in the rain tomorrow! Not racing, but I will be there.

Musashi likes this.
  11. Musashi

I had to do a double take after seeing the wheels at SA when I stopped to top of my fuel. I'm very glad you guys decided to make the trip out. looking forward to spending a fun day at the track with you guys!

12. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

I'm jealous...can't wait to head up there for a track day!

13. KA-T_240

Its a close trip for us, about 2 hours. Had a pretty good time, lots of fun in the rain. Learned a lot just riding in those conditions.
    I'm really sad I didn't bring a car up. :/ would have been lots of fun, and a great time to focus on my lines.

The new track improvements were pretty awesome. Looks like it should be even better in the dry.

Musashi likes this.
  14. Musashi

I'm happy to see you guys made it out despite the rain. Like I said my rain driving experiences came from Forza and GT5 lol. I wanted to come hang out with you guys today but I was stuck driving the Spec Race car all day. I got soaked wet but I can't complain, it's not everyday that you get to drive a race car on slicks in pouring rain, I'm in my element. I'll be honest it's nothing like the video games, there's no Reset button, no Ghost and no electronic assist. The first few times I tried to use LFB to assist with getting forward traction I found out really quick why it's not such a great idea with a 6 point harness riding down the middle lol. The next few sessions I seated myself much higher in the seat. It doesn't help that I have such big B@llz lol

From the looks of things your team were having a great time and the rain didn't put a damper on your fun.

http://s302.photobucket.com/user/musashiracing/library/?sort=3&src=wap&page=1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My ride for the day
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Musashi

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  16. 01midmetws6

I had an awesome time, fun in the rain and even more fun when it dried up for about an hour. The STI is getting closer to being completely track ready and the WRX got abused by almost everyone and took it like a champ. Thanks Chong for taking the WRX for a run and giving me some pointers. Can't wait for the next event.

KA-T_240 and Musashi like this.
  17. KA-T_240

We had a great day, lots of fun, one had some small easily fixable issues, but that is typically the case with pretty modded cars. I think fastest lap times of the day from our group today were in the 1:53-1:55 range depending on the cars; pretty decent for the track conditions I think.

Our friend with the Corvette didn't have as good of a time and didn't really run as he didnt feel comfortable with the car. We tried to get him to get back out there with an instructor but, it was a no go. Oh well, his loss.

Musashi likes this.
  18. glen

glen Well-Known Member

Oh man, I bet that Legends car was a handful in the wet.

19. Musashi

You're very welcome buddy and thanks again for letting me test drive your buggeye in the pouring rain. I'll be reporting back to Nuke regarding how the tune went with your car. I am pleased to say it complements the current setup very well. I only had one last minute session with you so I was focusing my testing primarily on the tune and a little on the handling. Next time I'll show you a little more of what Focused Aggression may look like lol :frantic:

Anyways she's a great driver's car and great job getting her to where she is now. ;)

20. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Is that a Ford Fusion?! I think my last company car (Fusion) missed it's true calling!...race it if ya got it!

Anyway, glad to see you guys have fun. Are any of you planning on going on June 10th?

Musashi likes this.
  21. Musashi

Maybe, it depends what they're serving for lunch! :rolleyes: