BIR Track Event on Monday, June 10th. Anyone else going?

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by TMF, Jun 3, 2013.

1. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

After talking about going up to BIR for two years...I FINALLY made the time and registered for the event on next Monday, June 10th. Anyone else planning on going?

BTW - what time do we need to be there? Couldn't find any specific event info on the site...

2. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

You'll need to be in the classroom no later then 8am, that's when the class starts. But we open registration at 7am and start giving shuttle rides at 7:15am around the track. You can expect a long line at the entrance gate while everyone is getting checked in and signing the waiver. The school will loan you a helmet if you don't have one. With the current bazarre weather we're having and the current temps around mid to high 70's I'd say it's optimal for turbo charged vehicles.

3. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Awesome, it will be an early morning, but totally worth it. I checked the weather...0% chance of rain! I'll be rocking my new helmet too...can't miss it.

Musashi likes this.
  4. Musashi

Yesterday's event had probably the smallest group I've ever seen at at BIR school day. It was a little wet in the morning but it dried up very nicely in the afternoon. Despite the low crowd I still managed to stay very busy.

I had mr Hill working OT, we did a bunch of little exercises and utilized the whole time there. Some times it felt like we were the only ones on the track. lol

I got a chance to help test drive another Instructors yellow RX-7 race car and was able give him some feedback about his car's current setup and we also worked on some lines. The drive made me miss my 240sx even more, I better get moving on it!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    Ctracey218 likes this.
  5. Musashi

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Musashi

dee dee dee

7. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Thanks again Chong, it was definitely a very beneficial and informative day at the track! I think we felt like we were the only ones on the track...because we WERE the only ones on the track! I couldn't believe how much seat time we had.

I've got some good video footage that I'll trim up and post ;)

Musashi likes this.
  8. Musashi

Just make sure you beep out the pro verb's lol

9. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Haha will do...I thought about muting it completely...don't want to reveal the secrets of driving fast!!

Musashi likes this.
  10. Musashi

That argument won't hold up in count, but consult with your attorney first lol

My best advice is somethings are best left off the internet :frantic: