Brembos on 08 Outback XT

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by Everett, May 14, 2017.

1. Everett

Everett Member

Hey guys, I just picked up some of the red 4-pot/2-pot calipers from the 06/07 WRX for a really good deal and will be fitting them to my 2008 OBXT. This will be mainly for aesthetics but stopping performance will be increased too. I know the fronts are a direct bolt on to my car but for the rear an adaptor is needed. I've seen these adaptors before but they cost $200, anyone know of a cheaper alternative? Has anyone attempted making their own bracket?

2. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Not sure but just FYI the red 4/2 pots are not Brembos. The brembos are bigger and heavier and came on the STI. The 4/2 pots are just subaru JDM brakes

3. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

But if you paint the word Brembo on them then they are, since it's for aesthetics anyways...

silver03 likes this.
  4. predavore

predavore Well-Known Member

Do you want to risk functionality and safety over $200? Kartboy just released his new adapter version 2.0 meant for this. It also works with the both 2 pot reds and Brembo rear calipers.

http://www.kartboy.com/x4/product.php?productid=16160&cat=0&page=1

joebush44 likes this.
  5. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

I see them for sale on nasioc all the time used for the spacers if the new price is to expensive. But I would advise against trying to make your own for the obvious reasons.