Brooklyn Park Morries SUCKS

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by pewble, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pewble

pewble New Member

So i took my car to brooklyn center morries for 2300 dollars of suspension problems. they took longer than expected to fix it and then over the weekend someone breaks into it, AT THE LOT and steals my sub and deck.
    They have signs that deny responsibility for damages/theft etc.
    Another insurance claim, another deductible to pay as well.

2. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Dayehmmm... any camera on the lot that may have caught the thief on tape?

3. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

:emo: These things happen why the hell is it Morries BP Subarus fault? It sounds like you had a good amount of damage so what it took longer than you wanted. Cars get broken into all the time its not the dealerships fault. I personally have had a great service/sales relationship w/this partciular dealership. This dealership and its many past and present employee/mnsubaru members supports the club and it is wrong of you to make such a broad statment about them. Basically your situation is the thing that SUCKS here.:mercy:

4. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

First things first...What was the suspension problem, and why did it take longer to fix it? Were you given an estimate on the finish time? Also, keep in mind that those are just that...Estimates. Things come up on repairs all the time that take extra time. Sometimes, it's a part that needs to be ordered and there's a delay in that. How much longer did it take?

Second, you will find that sign or any number of variations at EVERY dealership you go to. It's not just something exclusive to that store, the Morries group or any dealership in Brooklyn Park. EVERY dealership has that sign. Yours wasn't the first car to be broken into at a dealership, and it won't be the last. It sucks, but it's not their fault. Did you ask that your car be brought inside at night? I know that in some cases they will do that if they can.

I realize that you haven't been here very long, but you really need to educate yourself before you start smearing any of the businesses that support our club, and Brooklyn Park Subaru and Minnetonka Subaru are two of our biggest supporters. I understand that you're frustrated, but it's not their fault and it's not your fault. Good luck with your car, it sucks that it happened.

5. subaru4

subaru4 New Member

If they dont have cameras, they should get cameras.

6. KSAL

KSAL Well-Known Member

I also agree with the camera part! My car got broke into there as well. Just like Brian and badbennyb said it really sucks that it happened. The dealership doesn't suck its the situation that sucks. Sometimes s*** happens. Maybe to you maybe to me, but life goes on. Sorry to hear about the situation hope it gets better.

7. techy101

techy101 Well-Known Member

It would be worth your while to request that your vehicle be brought inside at night. I can't speak for every situation, but Jeff the service manager over there has been great with me about always bringing my car in overnight.

8. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

That's horrible, sorry to hear that. I hope you have an alarm on your car if you have expensive items inside!? If not, you should get one.

Mntka service scolded me for bringing my car in and keeping the stereo in the dash. And I'm glad they did, I would've never thought about taking my stereo out.

I learned my lesson. Anytime my car is out of my possession I'll take all precautions to keep everything safe.

with that said, a wrx on a lot is a magnet for kids that want to steal.

good luck.

9. austinpike

austinpike Well-Known Member

I guess if I were a dealership with a history of break-ins, I would at least throw up a few cameras.
    If the car is a 98 Legacy GT - http://www.mnsubaru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12039 - and if the subs were in the trunk (assuming a sedan vs wagon) - it shouldn't really be a theft magnet. Were any other cars broken into?

10. w_o_t_boy

w_o_t_boy Well-Known Member

Wire your sub so that its easily removeable, disable your interior trunk release, take your stereo face with you when you leave it parked somewhere shady, flash valet mode into your ECU if you've got an access port. Sorry you have to pay a deductable, at least your insurance actually covers that stuff.

11. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

you're right, a 98 legacy is not a magnet....

bummer it happened

12. 06WRXss

06WRXss New Member

A good theif will always go for the easiest target. You can never be totally safe, even with cameras on the lot.

As long as there is another car around that's easier to break into, that's as safe as you can be. Unfortunatly your car was probably the most tempting.

Even if you take your face plate off, most people (and thiefs) would only assume its in your glove box. I'd recomend an alarm as a deterent and either remove your subs or seriously bolt them down.

But, anyways I've been in your shoes and I know how that sucks :mad: .

13. phi11

phi11 Well-Known Member

knock on wood.

14. illegal2.2

illegal2.2 Well-Known Member

same here^

15. zapman

zapman Well-Known Member

if anyone is gonna write a brooklyn park subaru sucks its me, but i'm not goign to cause they have done their best to try to make me happy after all their screw ups.

16. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

we have cameras at our marina.
    people still break in.

you cant really do anything unless you catch a plate # off of a car and you can see the people in the car.

sorry your car got busted into, but it's really not anyone's fault.
    you just came up first in line for bad luck.

17. Macx

Macx New Member

I may be stating the obvious, but - - Not only does it suck, it IS someone's fault. I wasted about an hour between 2 and 3am playing gcat and mouse with a shady punk that was circling my place and the parking lot where I live. These punks really need to be handled. Yeah the cops are all keen to point radar guns & rack up fines . . . but where is the proactive patrol? I'd far rather see cops in the alleys looking for sketchy dudes late at night . . . to do Terry Searches on and run warrant checks, than sitting on stretchs of fine road, sleeping until their radar guns tell them a speeder went by.

Edited to add: I blame the Punk, not Morries. If there is any blame left over, let the cop that was running radar someplace up there take it . .. for ticket fishing instead of patroling areas where there are high value/ soft targets in pretty big quantities.

18. Natural2JZ

Natural2JZ Well-Known Member

a lil off topic sry.. but what does valet mode do when used?

19. 06WRXss

06WRXss New Member

I think it limits the performance of your engine. Then people like valet parking attedents won't beat on it. They'll have to remain content with beating on the porsches that come in.

20. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

It cuts the boost to 8PSI I think and sets the rev limiter to 3000.

21. DISCOPOPE

i just advise the guy to wath out for leaking coolant, "yeah i think i blew a head gasket, try to coast as much as you can..."

22. subaru4

subaru4 New Member

I heard from the cop at my high school that people that break into cars are out between 2am and 4am. He said 2am because people are sleeping and 4am because people are leaving for work.

23. zapman

zapman Well-Known Member

another reason why utec is superior to AP.

24. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

Well don't jump to conclusions yet:)... they also have anti theft modes for the AP. One lets the car idle if it is warm but the rev limiter is set so that if the gas pedal is pushed at all the car dies. The other mode will not let the car start at all.

25. krees23

krees23 Well-Known Member

I personally think its a cop out on Morries to not assume any responsibility for things that happen on their property. If they were liable, you bet there would be cameras and security. As it is they get away with just shrugging their shoulders and say life's a bitch, suck it up.

My .02

26. techy101

techy101 Well-Known Member

But what company assumes liability for things left there. Parking ramps have the same deal, etc... etc...

27. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

well that would be nice of them, but I have never seen a parking lot or auto dealership that can does this, so I wouldn't blame that particular dealership, blame all dealerships.

28. TrisNiN

TrisNiN Well-Known Member

There is no business that covers their lot, locker room, or ramp, etc... against theft. They would be fools to do so. But if they were liable, how much of that theft would be fraud (people taking their own crap). Security can always be circumvented. Insurance is high enough for dealerships to cover test drivers, mechanics, and the millions of dollars in inventory they don't own. Why cover some guy that cannot figure out that you may want to remove what you can before leaving it somewhere?

29. krees23

krees23 Well-Known Member

There's the expedient thing to do, which in this case is cost effective and safe for the property owner. Also, it's what everybody else does so it's an accepted practice. Granted.

I still think it's the "right" thing to do if the property owner steps up and takes measures to protect the customer's property. I don't know if assuming liability is the right answer, it's just frustrating to have to leave a car at the lot and taking a chance that it won't be broken in to or vandalized.

30. pewble

pewble New Member

I Know.

I know my statement was very generalized but I was very upset @ time of post. Everyone else i speak with suggests an INSIDE job.. which makes sense to me. supposively they have some kind of "security" company working for them and they didnt notice a thing. Good job..

i didnt read all these replies yet but whatever.

i know for sure im not going back there. i had a CDA-9833 Alpine and nobody there warned me of possible risk even though two other cars got messed with there. also at the nissan dealership in the area a car was set on fire. great.
    IDIOTS. If i caught the mofo who was involved with this type of scheme i would at LEAST ruin his life 5 times over. what an inconsiderate P O S.

blabber on about how you love morries in brooklyn center until your car gets the same treatment. See you @ morries off 394 anyone with a brain.

when the legacy looks like mine it becomes a magnet. its ****ing cool looking so that attracts ****wipers.
    anyways, yes i had factory alarm, the ground wire was cut.

yea its not the dealerships fault other than they should have cameras. its just stupid how it was supposed to be in my hands two days before what happened, like before i left my deck in my civic for 4 hours and it was stolen out of my front street. figures. except there was no indication of a system in the car. the face was in the glovebox or center console of my subie. i figured it was safe with the dealership. live and learn i guess.. some people have no morales. at least i believe in karma to the fullest extent, they will get theirs plus a bonus hopefully.

31. Macx

Macx New Member

Man, that last post had you sound'n like a 16 year old girl. Are you upset because you lied about your age and got knocked up or because you had your car out in the real world and it got broken into?

Yeah, it always sucks to have your stuff broken into. I have a really funny story about a car I had getting broken into at a mechanics shop years ago . . .

As for ruining the life of the guy who got in your car, hey, your too late. Meth or Crack already got 'em. Your burglary happened toward the end of the month, when the state funded crack heads are really jones-ing. . . . you know, that time when the monthly check and the habit don't quite line up. You can't do anything to the punk that the drugs ain't already one upped.

32. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

^^^:werd: 16 yr old girl.:laugh:

33. jeff

jeff New Member

When you leave a car at any place to be repaired, should it NOT be their responsibility to take care of your car while it's in their care? And since when is the owner NOT the victim?

34. Macx

Macx New Member

The owner is ALWAYS the victim and the Thief is ALWAYS the perpetrator. If ya rent, ya gonna take your landlord to court because your car got broken into? Ain't no sense in saying that having you car broken into doesn't suck and isn't wrong. But whatever third parties you could bring into it are meaningless. What is wrong is that there are degenerate crack heads that will break in if it means getting their fix. What else is wrong is cops so preoccupied with running radar that they don't go out looking for these @$$wipes. Ya want for it to stop? Get on the horn with your local political dude and tell him that changing cops priorities won't just get him re-ellected, it will make a difference on the crime that plagues us all. Radar guns are just a cop's excuse for not doing proactive patrol.

35. Macx

Macx New Member

I should never see a cop outside of a chase, on a major street. Crime happens in the alleys and parkinglots .. . That is where the cops should be. It just pisses me off that cops are preoccupied with giving tickets to mostly law abiding citizens (in a democracy where the fact that the majority of citizens speed - should indicate that the limit is set too low) and NOT stopping the gangsters, thugs, and drug seeking addicts from preying on the tax paying populace.

36. Macx

Macx New Member

As much as I am saying that the populace (a term menetioned mostly by communists) should be protected by the government, I have to ask:

What is the purpose of a gevernment that seeks to maintain itself outside and above the wellfare of the populace it serves?

37. Macx

Macx New Member

Yeah, I am saying that if ya really want to bitch, tell the folks that hold the cop's reigns to lay off the radar and start looking for folks that are outside what society says is okay (since society says by their actions that speeding is okay) and as you know, first hand, as a member of society, car breakins are not okay. Tell your politician that his job rests in getting cops off the radar and looking for real crimes.

38. DISCOPOPE

at the marina we are insured for every thing in slips, dry stack, trailer or blocks.
    we don't do cars in the lot. everyone with a door ding would be submitting estimates.
    on the RARE occasion a car is broken into, i believe we have covered it. but we are in no way insured for it.

39. phi11

phi11 Well-Known Member

popcorn, yes, popcorn.

40. ShortytheFirefighter

Macx, you really have no idea what you're talking about.

The reason why you don't see cops sitting in the dealership parking lots is because there are far more important things for them to be doing. Do you have any working knowledge of a police department, their policies and the way the law works? Auto theft is pretty low on the totem pole of possible crimes. If I get a 911 call because you just found your car broken into, and I then get a phone call for a Medical or a Domestic you'll be waiting until my officers are clear. Should another higher priority call come up after that? You wait some more. There are far worse things going on every day than your stereo getting stolen. The police do a lot more than just sitting and doing traffic stops. In fact, that's one of the lesser percentage calls they do. Do you know that police officers are usually at the scene of any medical before the ambulance or the fire department? Medicals are probably the highest percentage call they take, and they can be very unpredictable. Curious to see what their workday is really like? Go ask your local PD if you can do a ridealong. It'll change your perception pretty quick of what an officer actually does during the day. You seem to be under the impression that the bad guys just automatically announce where they are and what they've done. Wrong. It takes a lot of work to track down people who are "outside of society". Our officers just took down a juvenile felony murder suspect, and it took over a month to track him down. Why? Because they're doing everything they can not to get caught. Before you start preaching on a subject you might want to make sure you know what you're talking about.

41. Macx

Macx New Member

I do actually know a bit about Law Enforcement. I also know that there are good cops out there. As I know I have commented in other threads, I know one outstanding St Paul officer who was very professional and helped out in a situation that could have gone sideways in a bunch of different ways. . . I also know an officer that is just a touch dirty-er than your average street dealer . . . speaking of just one dept. Most cops fall someplace inbetween.

I have spent my fair share of time in cop cars & I don't mean in the back. As a matter of fact, if it weren't for your state's bizarre POST certification requirement (MN is the only state I know of where you can have twice the minumum of education to be a cop and, it isn't good enough if it was at an accredited university in another state) I'd probably be a cop hereabouts myself.

The thrust of my posts on this issue haven't been "cops r bad, cause they eat donuts" . . . they have been, the dealership is far from responsible, criminals are 99.3% responsible and the remaining bit . . . 0.7% is that we have far too many cops trying to enforce laws nobody believes are just (speed limits set low to hand $$$ to insurance companies --> the strong loby that pays the $$$ to politicians, because you know . .. every increase in rates is a bit more profit, far more $$$ than the state makes on their little fines) and not enough cops doing proactive patrol. I think you are right about how cops here spend their shift. I also think there aren't enough cops on the street. I would like to see what cops we have running less radar and cruising more alleys, sidestreets, and soft theft target areas. MN is screwwed up. Ya'll got officers in your liquor stores a few nights a week, cause you can't hire clerks that will make adequate ID checks. What kinda use of manpower is that?

Sorry Brian, you whip out your 4 year Law Enforcement degree and I'll whip out mine. I do have oppinions on what I have seen in this liberal land O' yours. Less radar, more patrol is all I was saying. . . as a citizen.

42. Macx

Macx New Member

Then it occurred to me to add - that thing I talk about, the thing that coulda gone sideways, well: I had a crazy girlfriend, she didn’t get the no violence in the house rule I have. She got pissed at something and I couldn’t get her to leave or stop hitting me. May sound like a girl thing to run to the bathroom and call the cops, but if ya stop and think about it . . . I outweighed her by about 100lbs. If I even blocked a blow, it could generate a domestic that would land me in jail and sacrifice the 2nd Amendment rights I hold so dear. So into the bathroom and on the cell I was. 2A is that important to me. Cops were asking for something, in looking for it, I moved the pillow off the pistol I keep there . . . loaded, round in chamber, safety off. The cop didn’t go psycho, he saw I wasn’t reaching for it & let it ride (hey, I called ‘em why would I want to shoot them, right?) dude was the pic of professional through the whole thing, a real stand up guy.

P.S. It wasn’t my stereo stolen at the start of this thread. I may be too close to it, but I know a career criminal that knew she had a warrant (felony) and turned herself in, she was out same day. I am gonna say it, and say it again, problem isn’t you, problem isn’t me . . . part of the problem is in the (drug) culture & the rest lies in politicals that have far more interest in getting re-elected than they do for the everyday life of their constituents.

43. pewble

pewble New Member

bleh

:yumyum:

44. ShortytheFirefighter

You seem to be stuck on the radar issue. Any particular reason? Traffic enforcement is just as important as any of the other laws. The officers out on the street know where the problem areas are, and they spend time there patrolling. Our officers do extra and directed patrols every day in areas where it may be needed. However, Police work is a fairly reactive business. Something has to happen first. There are proactive elements, but there are limits to how proactive they can be before it starts interfering with the Constitution/Bill of Rights. Extra patrols don't guarantee that things won't happen. The officers here in Bloomington work 10 and 12 hour shifts. A good chunk of that time is spent driving around in problem areas, as they have a very good idea of where those are.

I can't comment on the liquor store issue, as our officers don't have to do that. And as far has having to provide a law enforcement degree, I don't need to. I'm a dispatcher for Bloomington PD, so I am involved in each and every case we get, whether it's dispatching officers to an incident, taking the 911/non emergency call or entering the self initiated calls into the dispatching system, and I do weekly ridealongs with officers. I'd say I have a pretty good idea of what goes on during an officers shift, since they either get told where to go by us or they tell us where they are and what they're doing. What police department do you work for?

I'm not saying that you don't have any experience with the police, but I think that your thoughts on "less radar/more patrols" are a bit off base.

45. Macx

Macx New Member

Right, Bloomington. I am just gonna hafta do this with kid gloves. Glad you got a dispatcher job. I think I was around when ya got it, so you be a noob with that gig, cause I am just passing through. You weren't around when two of yours (and one of their kind, a MOA mall guard) stopped me at MOA, because I was wearing a raincoat on a cool rainy spring day. They didn't know why they were detaining me, but the fear they had on their faces said "I am a dumb green pig and if you twitch I'll probably either crap or go blind, but I'll certainly not stop you". Eventually they let me go and they were still sweating with trembly hands when they did. Real pros you have out there.

Radar I am opposed to because everybody knows the insurance companies set the speed limits too low, via the politicals they keep in their pockets, the same politicals that demand you do business with the shmucks. Hey, if the majority speed, in a democracy, that is a sign that the majority doesn't believe THAT law is just. In a true democracy that would mean change. In this degenerate nation (you should read that as I have strong feelings because I love our founding Ideals so much) it is big corporations that set the laws to rape the populace. Sorry to be bust'n your chops or stepping on toes, but what we have here is a country spinning wildly away from the ideals it was founded on. What you describe as proactive patrol looks an awful lot like a boy with his finger in the leak of the levy. We have illegals drawing SSI checks, cops managing crack dealers (I mean that in the way a pimp manages whoes), and citizens so twisted by commercialism that they can't conceive their world is as fragile as it is. One more good whack with a natural disaster or terrorist action and this whole shabang could go up in a Mad Max kinda pocalypse. Two more whacks and the deal is sealed. I am not against Law Enforcement, far from it. What I am against is profiteering by an industry (insurance) that mostly resembles racketeering and certainly has their hand on the ballsacks of the politicians. So that is the thrust of my anti-radar comments . . . expounded on, perhaps painfully.

So in the case of the stolen stereo, from a car parked at a dealership (presumably posted with “we aren’t responsible . . .” signs) what percentages of blame do you assign to: the car owner, the dealership, the criminal and the cops? Four players, who wears what percentage of blame?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.