Building a baby bugeye.

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Krazylegz1485, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Hello, all. As some of you know (via the most recent purchase thread a while back) I scored a pretty awesome Subaru model kit this past fall at a swap meet. I was originally going to keep it in the plastic as a keepsake/collector's item/whatever. The more I've been thinking about it lately the more I want to bust it open and try my hand at a model car for the first time in probably 15-20 years. It's also not doing anything but sitting in the basement collecting dust. That and I haven't "made a video" in a while and have been inspired recently to use this project as the perfect subject for it.

So I'm making a "build thread" to accomplish a couple things.
    1. It'll hopefully force me to actually open it, start it, and keep at it until I get it done.
    2. To keep a "scrap book" of the progress.
    3. Fun! And to hopefully bring a little entertainment value for anybody who may or may not give a hoot.

Anywho, my goal with the video is something like a time-lapse/stop motion type deal. We'll see how it goes. Still trying to figure out how I'm gonna do a camera setup in order to get the required repetition.

Enough blabbering! Here's a pic of the model kit the day I got it. I'm hoping to crack it open this weekend and start the photos. And yes, it comes with the hauler! Still haven't decided if I'm going to do it per the box suggestions or just wing it and do my own colors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a sample video (I'm a novice, using movie maker...)(and the mullet was temporary):

2. EricS

EricS Nooberator

Cool! But any thought about building up a cheap kit first to get your skills down, so the sweet rig doesn't end up as a big blob of cyanoacrylate? :D

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  3. Krazylegz1485

You know, I was seriously reconsidering this idea as soon as I opened the box and saw all the parts and the instructions that go along with it. Calls for like 20+ different paint colors to do it per the instructions. Pretty big undertaking.

I think I'll probably leave out some of the crazy, minute details.

4. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

In for the CARnage...and the TRUCKnage.

tangledupinblu and Krazylegz1485 like this.
  5. Krazylegz1485

There will be plenty. Of both!

6. joebush44

joebush44 Well-Known Member

You ever get this together?

Edit: That's a killer mullet btw!

7. Krazylegz1485

Unfortunately other projects came up last winter so never got to messing with it. New year's resolution this time! It's gotta happen. Plus I got a new GoPro finally so that'll probably help with the picture/vid project.

joebush44 likes this.
  8. tehfuzz

tehfuzz Well-Known Member

that video is tiiiiiiiiight meng. *subscribed*