Bumper clips

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Jason C, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Jason C

Jason C Well-Known Member

2. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

FYI, OE part number is 909140007, Subaru MSRP is $2.58 ea

Jason C likes this.
  3. Jason C

Thanks a lot, Chux! A bit steeper than Amazon, but at least it's OE quality.

4. Jason C

5. Silky21L

Silky21L Well-Known Member

I ordered some amazon ones, close to those I'm sure, and was actually pretty impressed with the quality. The fit well and snapped in tight.

6. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

I ordered those exact same clips, and the quality is identical to OEM. It's extremely nice to have a bag of spares around, especially when you have 3 subarus to work on.

FYI, that size is size that is used for most under trays and some of the bumper clips.

As far as tools, I have the blue pry bars (bought from Harbor Freight locally, usually on sale), and I also have the red-handled pry bar from the picture. The mouth opening on the red-handled pry bar isn't really big enough. Harbor freight has a better variety set, although I haven't bought them yet (http://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece-panel-trim-removal-tool-set-66188.html)

I also got one of these, which is probably one of my favorites (and I believe this is the correct tool for the pop clips):
    http://www.harborfreight.com/push-pin-pliers-67400.html

You pull the center pin, and then you can pull out the whole clip. Quick tip: if you pull the inner pin too hard/too far, the whole clip will not come out easily. If the pin is pulled and jammed fully out, push it back in just slightly and pull the base of the clip...it will come right out. I had that revelation the last time after I broke a few clips lol.