CEL P0113 Code

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by awdsome.snefferz, Jul 12, 2017.

1. awdsome.snefferz

awdsome.snefferz New Member

So I have a 04 STI with some modifications to it and it's been throwing this code after I fixed some small stuff on my car. I did have a hole in the MAF pipe but repaired it. Cleaned out the air filter and MAF sensor but its still throwing the code. Any advice, kinda new to the game as well. Thanks in advance!

2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

3. awdsome.snefferz

Thanks I really appreciate it.
    When I mean fixed, so before a hole got rubbed into the backside of the piping and my ex just covered it with duct tape...just for a quick repair...my car has been in storage for the winter and spring so for now I put JB Weld on it but probably debating on getting a new pipe all together.

Been slowly gathering some new stuff for the car and pretty soon here will be getting a flex fuel kit from Cobb. Installed an AOS from Grimmspeed recently because I was losing a lot of oil and found some oil leaks along the way. Just trying to get my car up and running for a daily driver and then look into possibly doing a bigger build in the future.

Sorry for my ramble but any advice right now would help a lot!

4. joebush44

joebush44 Well-Known Member

How did you go about cleaning the MAF, out of curiosity? The IAT sensor is built into the MAF sensor housing and is pretty fragile. You may have damaged it if not done properly. I have a MAF sensor off an 07 sti that would fit if you're interested in replacing it.

Also, I'd definitely suggest replacing the MAF pipe if it has/had hole in it. You don't want any unmetered air sneaking past the MAF withought it being accounted for. Also, if that chunk of JB weld happens to let loose, your turbo would have a meal of it. I believe I have a MAF pipe laying around as well.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  5. tangledupinblu

Definitely replace the pipe!

Buy Joes stuff.

joebush44 likes this.
  6. joebush44

On the cheap ;)

But would probably have to ship unless you want to drive to basically Iowa :coffee:

7. awdsome.snefferz

For the housing I used the cleaner that is specifically made for the IAT sensor knowing it is sensitive. I'll dm you about the parts since I'm highly considering it since it had a hole in it before.

joebush44 likes this.
  8. joebush44

Nothing wrong with that method as long as you're not physically touching it. Could be a loose wire in the MAF connector too I suppose. Do you have any Subaru friends that would let you borrow their MAF to see if that fixes it. If it fixes it, you know your problem ;)

9. awdsome.snefferz

Haha right, I'm kinda new to the game so I need to make new friends especially with Subarus haha. I'm lame I know haha.

10. tangledupinblu

11. MNGman

MNGman Well-Known Member

I've had an issue that I thought was sensor related. It ended up being a plastic T I installed for the boost gauge. It had begun to melt and progressively closed up!
    I've now switched to brass...
    Also a loose vacuum line that would come and go until it finally fell off. And a tear in a intake boot off the intercooler. Bottom line, check the little things before chasing electrical issues.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  12. awdsome.snefferz

13. awdsome.snefferz

Yeah it could possibly be a leak, I've been replacing a lot of stuff on my car I'll recheck any lines and what not as well. Thank you for that idea!