Chicago Road Trip!!

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by WRX1, May 26, 2004.

1. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I was thinking about heading down to Chicago to meet up with a bunch of the guys down there. I have already talked to Matt and Dave about going. I was wondering if there was any other people interested?? The weekend I was thinking about is July 22nd to the 25th. That is a Thursday to Sunday. That weekend is also Hot Import Night in Chicago (Sat night). The reason for leaving on Thursday, is the Chicago guys have their weekly meets on Thursday nights. We have NEVER had a meet as big as theirs, NEVER. The weekend I was down there last year, there was about 150 cars, and that was a slow night. I don't want to be in charge, and source hotel rooms and such, I am just gauging interest in going. I think I am going to have Jorge do a final tune on my car, and he could possiabably have more room for utec tunes. He might even be able to do ecutek, but I am not to sure. He was also involved with getting a accessport dealer liscense so he could sell and tune those, but I am not 100% sure where he is on that. If you are interested in heading down, post up.

Russ

2. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

:eek:, july 22nd is my b-day, gotta do it @ home ;)

3. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Sounds cool to me. Are the Cubs in town that weekend? I should look. You guys can worry about hotel rooms, I have a high school friend I can crash with. :)

4. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ya, I could have a place to crash also, so thats why I don't want to be the person responseable to do all that. We wouldn't need to stay in down town, we could stay out in the burbs. They have thier meet in Shaumburg (sp) area, so it is a ways from downtown.

Russ

5. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Stay in Naperville... that's a nice burb. I use to have family there.

6. Scooby02

Scooby02 Well-Known Member

I also am covered on the place to stay down there. Im going, already took the days off at work.
    Later
    Dave:cool:

7. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Well, it looks like Dave and Myself are going for sure. Anyone else?? If so, we probably want to get this thing going. We will definitly want to get our HIN tickets taken care of online. The line to purchase tickets last year was about 1/4 mile long. I will called our tickets and had them in 2 minutes. I just need ti find out how many people want to go.

Russ

8. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

Hum, I have that week off. Anybody want to watch my dog? LOL

I will have to see but I am talking to Jorge to see if I can get him to come up here for a Dyno day.

M

9. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

That's not a dog, it's a Clydesdale

10. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

The women! The cars! The tuning! I wish I could go, but I couldn't survive on my own. [xx(]

11. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Couldn't survive on your own?? What does that mean? I do have a place to crash, but if we can get a couple of thers to go with, I will crash in a hotel also. If we get a couple 3-4 guys into a rom, the rate will pretty cheap. The biggest things is getting the hin tickets arrange ahead of time.

Russ

12. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Zola

That's not a dog, it's a Clydesdale

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

LMFAO

13. Scooby02

Scooby02 Well-Known Member

Even though Jorge is still coming up here the end of July, I will still go down for HIN, if anyone else wants to go. Like Russ said, people have to make up their minds ahead of time, so the tickets can be purchased ahead of time.

Oh yeah and I will be heading down that Thursday to stop by the Chicago guys HUGE Thursday nights Subaru meet. (Anywhere between 100 and 300 cars.)

Dave

14. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

Yeah, i'll be rollin down there, haven't been to this site for a while now, but i've been planning on going to HIN for a while, a buddy of mine moved there in February ot go to school, so i already have a place set up to crash for the weekend, i also have a few other buddies driving, the one for sure is my buddy with a 3000gt VR-4.

15. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I can take care of getting tickets, I just need the cash up front before I order them. I will do some checking later to get ticket prices and such. I will also find out when they have to be purchased by. If there is no closing date, I would like to know who is going by the end of the month. If I remember correctly, the tickets were 35-40 for HIN. I will double check later and post up the prices and such.

Russ

16. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok, sorry for the delay. If looks like HIN is $25 per ticket, and to pre-orderthem online is $27.50. The online ordering is the only way to go. We watched people wait inline for 2 hours to purchase tickets, to wait inline just to get in. It was bad enough we waited almost a hours just to get in. So basically it is $27.50 per ticket for the will call. The event starts at 5pm on Sat 7-24. Any other questions, let me know. If you want me to pick up tickets, I will need the money in advance. I will order them the last week of June or so. Just keep me updated. I know Dave wants me to pick up a ticket for him. Anyone else??

Russ

17. TjDunklee

TjDunklee Well-Known Member

I will be going for sure. My tickets are already ordered and the hotel is booked. I have a bunch of friends coming with. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to leave on Thursday with you guys. Anyways we could meet up there somewhere. It's gonna be a great time, i know it was last year.

18. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Well, I will probably order my tickets by the end of next week. If anyone is interested in going let me know.

Russ

19. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

i'm going, gonna leave on either the 22nd or 23rd, got a few buddies too, let me know, email me