Coilover install question

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by Loring, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Loring

Loring Active Member

Hello good people, I just finished installing a set of Tein Flex Z coilovers on my 2017 WRX and i have a couple questions. From everything I have seen and read about these coilovers they are all set from the factory so you shouldn't have to fuss with them out of the box. Fronts went on no issues but when I drop the rear back down I
    am noticing the passenger side sitting a bit higher than the driver side.

I am wondering is there a certain way the rear struts need to go on, like driver or passenger side or do the top hats need to be turned a certain way like the fronts did?

Or is this just a matter of maybe letting it settle for longer than twenty minutes? any tips are appreciated.

thanks.

2. minnesotanice

minnesotanice Well-Known Member

You will definitely want to let them settle a bit. Drive a few days on them then check again. If it is still riding higher, measure how far you want to drop it to make it even, jack up the wheel that needs adjusting, loosen the very bottom collar on the strut, adjust as needed, then tighten it back down. If they're new, this should be a quick and easy job.

Loring likes this.
  3. Loring

Loring Active Member

Perfect thanks, I will do just that then!

4. MNGman

MNGman Well-Known Member

I'd get an alignment also. If you changed ride height at all, this could change your alignment.

euro and Loring like this.
  5. Loring

Loring Active Member

Yeah since I finished on Sunday I drove it around the block once just to see if anything was rubbing immediately. I am working from home these days so I haven't had to drive it anywhere this week yet. The plan is to even it out this weekend and then brave the wild for an alignment. I was trying to convince the tires plus in Rogers to let me drive it onto rack so no one else has to be in my car, so far they say no but I think I can wear em down.