Coilover install question

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by Loring, May 26, 2021.

1. Loring

Loring Active Member

Over the winter on whim I purchased a 2004 forester x as I have always wanted to lower one. It's going to be my summer beater and probably won't see more than 2-3k miles per year. I purchased from Fitment Industries "which on a side note has been the worst purchasing experience of my life" a set of BC Coilovers BR series. When I purchased them I was told I won't need the extreme low's so I went with what they recommended. Go to install them this weekend and in the front the threaded body is hitting the CV Boot and I still have a pretty good wheel gap. They won't take them back despite their bad advice since they have been installed now. My question is would I be able to cut an inch or two off the the threaded body to prevent it from tearing my CV Boot? It seems like it is just solid plastic but I'm not sure if the dampener goes to the bottom or if it's gonna be full of oil or something. Any help is appreciated I'm not too savvy at this stuff. Thanks.

2. euro

euro Well-Known Member

Body is full of oil, you would have to drain the fluid and reweld them. Std bc coilovers depending on the car model do go low enough but a generalized reseller probably doesn't have the expertise to really say for sure what the results would be.

If you want lower you could try selling them and buying something else

Loring likes this.
  3. Loring

Loring Active Member

Thanks, yeah I'll probably just try to sell them and get something else, Fitment said they would sell me the extreme low version at cost because their rep didn't know what they were doing, so I guess that is some consolation

Butthau5 and euro like this.
  4. Sir

Sir Member

Do you have a picture?

5. Butthau5

Butthau5 Well-Known Member

Whoa whoa whoa they admitted to screwing up? Boy you just hit the jackpot. Lol I feel like if you press them hard enough you should be able to get whatever you want. You have to be a shrewd negotiator though.

Krazylegz1485 likes this.