Crank Pulley Issue

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by silver03, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

And if the code reader doesn't show RPM's then the crank sensor is probably not sending it reading correctly?

2. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Probably.

The code reader connects (ECU it powering up)?

3. Krazylegz1485

Didn't have it on me that day so I'll have to swing over there and try that route.

4. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

That's my other concern, is that the ECU isn't powering up at all. That's why I asked about fuel, too (although if the crank angle sensor is completely dead, the ECU won't even prime the fuel pump)

5. Krazylegz1485

Tried the code reader yesterday before leaving for the cruise. The car did power up the reader, showed no codes, but also didn't show any tach signal.

silver03 likes this.
  6. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

Is there feed voltage at the crank sensor from ecu?

7. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

New crank position sensor installed and no difference. I have 12 V at the MAF. I have 3.5 at the TPS. With the green connectors connected and cycling through the run position I hear the fans going through their Highlow and I get a rapidly flashing check engine light. I am not getting any voltage at the crank position sensor.

8. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

Pretty sure you should have voltage at the angle sensor...I'm off to google

9. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

PER NASIOC...
    Unless the engine is running (or cranking) you will not get voltage at crank or cam sensors. Those are not Hall sensors that require power - they are inductive pickups. They generate a pulse when the engine is turning. The I/O chart calls for a -7 to +7 volt waveform at the ECM engine running and 0 volts engine not running.
    To test sensors and if ECM is getting signal test for pulsing voltage with engine cranking at ECM. I prefer using an osciloscope if I have one handy. For crank sensor test connector B84 pin 8 black wire, for cam sansor connector B84 pin 7 white wire. These colors are per the FSM and the wires are the larger size pins along one side of the connector.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

silver03 likes this.