Damons meet 4 WRC on Sun. 0418

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by bikerboy, Apr 10, 2004.

1. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

SO lets do a roll call. How many people can we get together to watch Rally New Zealand? It starts at 8 pm Sun. April 18th and runs till 10 pm.

post up boys and lets see if we can get a good head count.

M

2. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

werd

Assuming you're talking about the one on the E side of St Paul?

3. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

more info so i understand..kinda brian fart today....

4. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

I'm game!!!

5. Gspot

Gspot New Member

is that where we met for GB last year? I'm in.

6. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gspot

is that where we met for GB last year? I'm in.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I don't think a place has been set up yet. Going back to Damon where we were last year would be nice.

7. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by subi_2.5rs

more info so i understand..kinda brian fart today....

More info! :)

8. balatroWRX

balatroWRX Guest

That sound cool I'd be game. Please just post which Damons

9. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I am in. What Damons?? Hopefully the one in Oakdale (694 and 10th st.).

Russ

10. KaliforniaKid

KaliforniaKid New Member

I'm down, but I've never even heard of Damons. Directions or address please.

11. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

dam you guys are all from the south. I'm all up in Andover, but I may go, have no idea where you're all talking about though.

12. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

I'm up in Andover too. Get used to driving distances for meets

13. bikerboy

Yup I would vote for Damons on 694 and 10th ave. Russ do you think you can call and tell them we a coming?

M

14. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Ok, count me in :D

15. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I won't have a chance to call till Sat afternoon, so if someone else can call that would be a bit better.

Russ

16. yosmiley

Update:

Oakdale
    950 Helena Avenue, N.
    Oakdale, MN 55128
    Phone: 651-501-2330

I called Damon's and talked with Mary (manager). She said she can't promise us anything but it does sound promising that she may be able to get a screen tuned on the Rally for us. Mary said to check back with her on Sunday morning if it's a go.

What do you guys think of that? Should we still pursue this event? Please someone call her for me as well... bother her... she sound pretty nice over the phone... maybe you single guys might even score a desert muahahaha }:) (Y)

This is what I have going so far:

For sure list:

bikerboy
    wrx1
    mushashi
    kaliforniakid
    balatrowrx
    kickin_81
    gspot
    zolla
    subie_2.5rs
    yosmiley

The not sure list:

rallynavvie
    wrxpeed
    mnbodyman

For direction:

http://damons.know-where.com/damons/cgi/site?site=DAM194&address=

17. bikerboy

Thanks Vic!!!!!! :D

18. KaliforniaKid

KaliforniaKid New Member

Ok count me in for this one. By the way if that place doesn't work out, there's a Buffalo Wild Wings out here that has Rally on their TVs all the time.

19. yosmiley

Ok, The count is on... I'll update the list as we go. We'll know for sure know by late Saturday or early Sunday. Keep checking back for update.

20. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Hey, WWE Backlash is on the same day at 8pm, I dont know if I wanna go anymore. :D

21. kickin_81

Will I be on the "bailout" list if I never said that I was going but I got on the list anyways? :I Sorry, I can't make it out on Sunday night. :(

22. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

Will I be on the "bailout" list if I never said that I was going but I got on the list anyways? :I Sorry, I can't make it out on Sunday night. :(

Fong, I over looked the list... you always whoose out at the last moment heheh... if ya can't make it, ya can't make it.

23. RallyNavvie

Isn't the Oakdale Damon's the one where that guy was killed? And I know a hostess at one of the Damon's though I don't know which...

24. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by yosmiley

Fong, I over looked the list... you always whoose out at the last moment<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yep!!

25. kickin_81

That's the only time I make my decisions... anytime before that, I'm at my GF's house. LOL! No "whooped" jokes, Vic.

26. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

That's the only time I make my decisions... anytime before that, I'm at my GF's house. LOL! No "whooped" jokes, Vic.

HA HA (laughs from that fat kid in the SIMPSON)

Fong, now since you mention it... I won't tell the guys what I saw at the restaurant... I mean... I walked in and saw this one little woman whoopin on this boy. Man did I feel bad for him... his face was all red after he notice that I was looking.

The little woman did a round house kick and took out a whip and straddle him. I'm like GOSH!!! that's gotta hurt.

Now, let's get back on topic here... how's your behind? I mean that whips gotta hurt? LOL j/p.

27. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by RallyNavvie

Isn't the Oakdale Damon's the one where that guy was killed? And I know a hostess at one of the Damon's though I don't know which...

I do recall hearing about that incident... not sure what happen though.

28. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by yosmiley
    HA HA (laughs from that fat kid in the SIMPSON)

Fong, now since you mention it... I won't tell the guys what I say at the restaurant... I mean... I walked in and saw this one little woman whoopin on this boy. Man did I feel bad for him... his face was all red after he notice that I was looking.

The little woman did a round house kick and took out a whip and straddle him. I'm like GOSH!!! that's gotta hurt.

Now, let's get back on topic here... how's your behind? I mean that whips gotta hurt? LOL j/p.

Didn't I tell you not to make a big deal out of it? I told you that I'm grown now so I can handle it. The nightmares... The nightmares!

29. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

so long as e everything goes well on sat, i can probobly show for sunday...

what time is everyone getting there... i hate being the dorky white kid that shows up first....

30. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by DISCOPOPE

so long as e everything goes well on sat, i can probobly show for sunday...

what time is everyone getting there... i hate being the dorky white kid that shows up first....

If this will make you feel better... I'll be the cool and awesome Asian kid to show up last... or was that dorky and first?

Update to the list:

Update to Rally event at Damons for Sunday 4/18 at 8PM to 10PM

Whose coming...

bikerboy
    wrx1
    kaliforniakid
    balatrowrx
    gspot
    zolla
    subie_2.5rs
    yosmiley
    discopope

Direction:
    http://damons.know-where.com/damons/cgi/site?site=DAM194& address=

31. yosmiley

It's official... we will have the front and center screen for the Rally event on Speed Channel from 8PM to 10PM...

Bring cash for foods and drinks. Buy me some foods and/or drinks if you're in the spirite of giving ahahaha j/p.

I spoke with Katie... (She'll be the closing mgr. for tomorrow night as well.) She gave me the go ahead so it's game!!!

See you all there...

Update to Rally event at Damons for Sunday 4/18 at 8PM to 10PM

Direction:
    http://damons.know-where.com/damons...ite=DAM194& address=

32. RallyNavvie

I'll be there...

33. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

lol...i didnt reply and im going...kool..im in.....

34. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

thunderstorms....
    no hail yet.
    i'm gona sit for 15 min and decide if it is getting better or worse..
    :(

35. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

saw him at the laundrymat by maryland doing his or his girl's laundry....he sure is getting whoop alright....lol

36. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LVT

saw him at the laundrymat by maryland doing his or his girl's laundry....he sure is getting whoop alright....lol

Ahahaha... you're not the only one seeing him getting whooped left and right around town. It's not even funny... he's giving us guys a bad name... opps the wife is coming... I'm logging off now. LOL

37. Gspot

Gspot New Member

It looks like death outside, I dont think im gonna drive half an hour in this. Sorry guys.

38. kickin_81

Alright, guys. I'm caught. Lue, when did you see me? In my defense, I was doing my laundry... it just so happens that she was there. :roll: :p With a girl like this, who would not want to be whooped? [​IMG]

By the way, anyone drive home drunk from Damons? It's pretty bad out there. My EGT gauge was jumping all over the place driving over heavy rain. :eek:

39. yosmiley

Update: I was the only guy there from 7:45 to 8:30... I gave up hope after that... knowing no ones coming due to to the storm and what not.

I notice a White STi outside... not sure who is it... thought it might have been Enrique but he's in Arizona.

Well, that's the news for the day. You guys can close this event log with a failure due to storm and what not.

This is Vic, reporting live... V-Limited 9 newsss.

40. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

I called your cell but no answer, so I left a message. Lue wouldn't have shown up if he had a car, says I'm crazy if I drop in this weather. I would have came but because of my priviledges, I couldn't.

41. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

lol...yep lue....i wanted to come but **** bastard weather....

42. RallyNavvie

Weather has never affected my desire to drive, however trees that had fallen across my driveway during the strong winds before the storms tend to affect where I can go. Had three drop, one pretty big, so we were out there until just after the rain started cutting them up and moving them. The big one is still blocking half the driveway so I'll have to get at it tomorrow, it was just too painful out there once the hail started coming down. I was getting pelted by marble-sized hail while using a chainsaw and it was NOT fun :(!

Anyone else get much hail? Wind damage?

43. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

no hail here so thats good..i got no garage so good thing ......

44. Gspot

Gspot New Member

We've got trampolenes and porch swing allover the streets here. I quickly totally reorganized the parent's 3rd garage stall in 10 minutes to quick squeeze my car in there.

45. bikerboy

Sorry Boys, I watched the weather and decided that I didn't want to venture out. Well I guess next time. :(

M