(DRIVE)-'08 STI--NOW with a PS3 "heres how" expires 11/30/07

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by STI_carnatic, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STI_carnatic

STI_carnatic Active Member

(DRIVE IT NOW!!!) --So I came accross that they released the new STI and Skyline along with other cars in conjunction with the 40th Tokyo Motor Show all on a special Auto Show Demo for the PS3 called GT5 Prologue.

YouTube of STI >>

Well this is a Japanese only PS3 store download....but loe and behold I found a website whereby you register a separate account under a Japanese region without hindering your U.S. account....meaning (WE CAN DRIVE THE '08 STI!!!!)....and I did already without any problems!

>>>>Link to creating a Japanese account in (3-5min.)
    http://www.gtplanet.net/guides/index.php/Create_a_Japanese_PS3_Account

BUT HURRY NOW!!!....because they're taking the download off on November 30, 2007 of this month!

Good luck and have fun!

........for none PS3 owners
    Picture of STI>>>
    http://www.gtplanet.net/gallery/albums/GT5_prologue/an0001.jpg
    Page with STI>>>
    http://www.gtplanet.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=350&page=19

2. pbedroske

pbedroske Well-Known Member

Network was down earlier today, otherwise i would have gotten this done. Will try again tonight when i get home.
    Good find!

3. mnstilynwrx

mnstilynwrx Well-Known Member

wow game looks very promising. might just have to get PS3 for that!

4. Cubby

Cubby New Member

I'll probably end up doing what I usually do in every other GT.

Pick up the newest STi and take it through a few races.

Then browse through the used lot for a version 5/6 GC8 coupe or GF8 wagon, dump a bunch of race winnings in it, and stay with it for the long haul :biggrin:

The only gripe I've always had about the GT series and the scoobs portrayed in them is the engine sound. It always sounds like some lame generic inline 4, never like a real boxer.

You might think it's a minor gripe, but pick a scoob in any GT game and drive around a bit, then go play a newer NFS game like Underground 2, or Most Wanted, and pick a scoob and drive around a bit, or put it on the in-game dyno. Night and day difference in the engine sounds.

Never been a huge fan of the later NFS series, but the scoob boxer in those games have the awesome rumble we all know and love.

5. STI_carnatic

STI_carnatic Active Member

DEMO rules!

.....haha this is true, but you gotta remember the Japanese despise the Boxer rumble all subaru owners "should be mandated" to love. I've think I read it in Subisport but they were saying that when they did USDM EJ257 swaps they'd stick on equal length headers just to get rid of the sound. Plus you gotta also remember that the newer "STIs" use the 2.0 twin-scroll turbo which mandates equal headers thus. less boxer sound.

YouTube unequal vs. equal..(you may have seen?)>>>>

....well I digress, I totally agree with you on the sounds....they've kind of been lackluster on previous GT's esp. for Scoobs. Although this demo has the JDM STI=twin-scroll it sounds pretty good, and the skyline sounds even more realistic and badass, with BPVs and all. I really did like the boxer sounds in NFS, and all the sounds for that matter...

....my car of choice on GT4.....DeLorean! :cool: 88***!!!!!!

6. pbedroske

pbedroske Well-Known Member

I will confirm that the STI still sounds like some lame generic inline 4 - boxer sound is all but absent. The GT-R, however, sounds awesome! The in-car driver view is pretty cool too - though right hand drive takes some getting used to. One other problem - I DON'T SPEAK JAPANESE!!! - so it's a little hard to tell what's going on in the menus. - otherwise, its pretty cool.

7. tux121

tux121 Well-Known Member

i am buying that game forsure

8. tux121

tux121 Well-Known Member

They Have Ferrari!!???

9. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

yeah ferrari is confirmed.

I watched a bunch of vids of this on IGN last night. The new sti is confirmed. I REALLY hope they fix the sound thing. it really bothers my when my STi w/ full exhuast sounds high pitched and not rumbley.

This is the reason I will buy PS3

10. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

EL headers do that in real life too ;) try a sports exhaust, not a full race

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.