Dyno Vid

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by TSTRBOY2004, Apr 1, 2006.

1. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

The NATHAN & FONG lean or Fat thread...

sorry dont have any of Fongs fudged Dyno.. we lal said he was spraying something ha ha haa... maybe honey for the lesbians or something

of course he took off when everyone said they would all chip in to get him another 3 runs...

anyways congrats Fong 271ishWHP

I gots 212.3 WHP and 218 TQ so I think my backyard exhaust building compares pretty good to aftermarket... ha ha ha

http://media.putfile.com/Wrx-Cobb-Stage-2-93-Oct-Home-Made-TBE

also beat a STOCK STi so I am happy

2. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Very nice, thanks for posting it. Nate

3. TSTRBOY2004

no probs... I just wish it was 318whp or even 418whp ha ha ha

I need to get a pro-tune as my fuel ratio dropped into the 9s I think or 10s.. I dont understand that crap... but all who do said NOT GOOD!! better than lean but still not good...

hmm if only there was someone who had a Cobb Stage 2 91&93 Oct Protune map around that they could email me... ha ha ha hint hint

4. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

yikes, look at those whees spin. could lose an arm in those.

5. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

hey Nate! Nice Numbers...All that at a stage 2? Fong, APRIL FOOLS! We told them to handicap your numbers +50hp...haha..JK good HP/TQ.

6. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Great numbers all around!

7. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Here are my dyno sheets. I would like to compare with the rest of the guys on their A/F ratio and boost on thier dyno plots. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. TSTRBOY2004

as much crap as I give you Fong I am stoked for your numbers... very impressive...

My number is 952-224-xxxx and I know a cheap towing company I can call as soon as that fake STi engine gives way...:laugh:

9. kickin_81

Now that I think about it, I WOULD benefit with a tune! Just look at where my AFR gets below 10:1... 4500 RPM!!! (FYI, the system doesn't read below 10:1 AFR; that's why it levels off at 10 and stays there) Being rich (and fat) is better than being lean and mean.

10. TSTRBOY2004

But what if you are only 1 out of 2???? (see bold)

awwww :eek:wned: again.... you now I love ya Fongy

11. TSTRBOY2004

Fong gets the Kings crown for the biggest numbers today.... sorry though Fong this is the only crown I could come up with...

and this is a pic of one of my old Church Pastors one night for a joke...

12. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

Should we change this Thread and call it..."Lean or Fat" between Nate n' Fong

13. kickin_81

^^ Thank you. That would suite me just fine. I'd prefer being the king rather than a "dyno queen" anyway. lol.:)

14. souy07

souy07 Well-Known Member

wow fong amazing numbers....

15. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

yah know mabe they were wrong, and fong actually had 217 hp? lol.

16. kickin_81

I could start a thread to discuss how my stock tuned 15 psi FXT got what it got. I was surprised I got so high also. Could the Forester XT be the ultimate sleeper?

17. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

I think it may have something to do with your ECU, maybe it was one of the first allication STi ECU's? What about the FXT gearing? Would that have anything to do with it?

18. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

No because they calibrate the dyno to a rpm/mph ratio once the car is strapped down and running in the gear they are going to do the pull in.

19. kickin_81

I totally respect Pete's STi and everyone else's cars so don't think I'm gonna step out of my boundaries just because I have found that my numbers are higher. Everyone is still friends of mine and will always be.

Facts: STi/FXT long block, modifications (see my complete list on my vBgarage), stock FXT plugs (not same as STi plugs), stock FXT/WRX fuel pump, stock FXT/WRX exhaust manifold, stock clutch (should be slipping at this power level I'm sure but not), EGT sensor in uppipe (STi doesn't have one), APS short ram w/ custom heat shielding, no DCCD.

What I want to know is how I was able to produce my power and torque and have it increase HP every additional dyno run. I thought stock psi levels for an STi is 13.5. I got 15.5 (my Bikerboy-ported VF39 still overboosts at freezing air temps; originally MCJT's turbo). A tuned ECU would have got me a ~11:1 A/F ratio throughout the powerband. I ran rich.

My guesses are that they inputed my weight incorrectly (if they ever did), they threw two fans on my TMIC and only one on everyone else's TMIC, I got a wheel alignment the day before, it was less humid when my car was put on the dyno, or silver is just fastAr.

20. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

Looks like Nate beat up to it Fong...^^^Thread started...haha

21. 6MTizzle

6MTizzle 2SLO

Before your head gets too big I'm going to correct one word...numbers should read number : ) I edged you out in torque with 286. I think the HP difference is due to the few mods I didn't know you had....crank pulley, intake, ported turbo, alignment lol(Matt said extra friction from that)...I have not these things. Get down do you?

Could those mods make 8whp? Otherwise we were damn close.

22. TSTRBOY2004

must have been the alignment then hey FONGIE

23. kickin_81

Yeah, Pete. I know you beat me in TQ. Can you post your dyno sheets so I can compare our mods to our HP/torque output, boost and AFR? My turbo was ported at the wastegate only. I'm positive that an alignment would have helped you put more HP down on the dyno rather than fighting to get the car driving straight (talk to Nathan if you want one done digitally and to your specs).

Maybe a good-designed intake would also help in the top-end; what they say that [any] intake will cause a lean AFR isn't so true no more. From what I know, the APS has been known not to affect the AFR due to its 65mm housing. TPR Magazine of this month has an intake comparison for the STi and they work. Mine should make about what a K&N typhoon makes.