E-Cig Corner

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tehfuzz, Jul 30, 2015.

1. tehfuzz

tehfuzz Well-Known Member

Figured since I know at least a small handful of you are regular e cig users including myself that I would make a thread on here. This thread will be a good place to store all recommendations of flavors that are your favorites, and also where you ordered them from. What flavors intrigue you?

For now I get all my juice from Smokeless smoking in Northeast Minneapolis. Some of the favorites I pick up there are :

Loop Ninja - Fruit loops based . It is one of the most popular juices in the store from Nick's Blissful Brews
    Eden - Enigma - A blend of 10 different fruits with a hint of cinnamon. different flavor every puff
    Screwberry - strawberry +champagne + mint leaves (mixes well with blue ballz aka blueberry)

2. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

I'm gonna make sure my wife sees this thread as her mother (70 years old) with COPD is now using an e-cig in place of her on-again, off-again use of regular cigarettes. Might be some useful information to be gleaned from this.

tehfuzz likes this.
  3. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Good idea Sirfuzzalot! Is Smokeless Smoking part of the FiveStars rewards program?

4. tehfuzz

Ill have to ask next time when I go in. I will let you know.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  5. Joe seiter

Joe seiter Active Member

Love this, if anyone needs help feel free to ask me. Was employed at a ecig shop. Due to some health issues with my GF of 15 years im no longer there. So i can answer questions on devices or tanks. If you are a cloud chaser I can answer RDA questions also.

My main 3 shops I frequent are
    Dark horse vapors in crystal. Their dead throne juice is my favorite.

Sanctuary is my favorite, its a strawberry custard that has a hint of banana on exhale.

Forbidden is second fav. Its a coconut pear with a forbidden fruit.
    This line is all amazing but i could go on for hours about them.

E-cig crib coon rapids is next up. One of the members is a employee there (forgot your screen name here) he has the white forester with the Got Vapor? Sticker. All the employees are awsome and knowledge.
    My favorites from them are

Bam-bam. Fruity pebbels spot on.

Planet of the grapes. Grape soda. Best grape ive tried.

Smoothie criminal is a strawberry smoothie.
    They have alot of flavors that are not listed as they have a huge selection.

E cig market brooklyn park is my third fav.

Steam factory juice is one of the best liquids i have vaped. The names are a little strange to ask for (you will see)
    Blue balls is a blueberry banana and is so flavor full.

Muffcake is second. Forget all the flavors but its a muffin base.

Those are the only ones i have vaped from them but have not heard any bad about the rest.

If you are in wayzata then stop by northshore vapes and try out the blue label elixer's daddy flavor its a strawberry kiwi custard.

If you want quality and quantity of juice elixvapor.com is on sale for 20.30 including shipping for 120ml. Shipping takes 6 days from the order day to arrive well worth the wait. Got the troll milk and its almost like strawberry milk.

I know its long winded but I'm really passionate about this. Going to start mixing my own juice soon. Will post when I get it done and steeped and toss some sample bottles to those interested.

6. tangledupinblu

^color me interested!! :)

Do you recall what the "Dead Throne" consists of flavor wise? Half tempted to drive to Crystal! Lol

And which is your actual favorite? Dead Throne or Sanctuary? You have them both listed as #1!

Joe seiter likes this.
  7. Joe seiter

Joe seiter Active Member

I'll do my best to remember them all, dead throne is the brand name. Locally made like Minnesota moonshine.

Sanctuary is a strawberry custard with a hint of banana on exhale (my favorite)
    Forbidden is a coconut pear with a forbidden fruit
    Dead Elvis is a peanut butter banana
    Blood orchid is a blood orange with another flavor
    Black Maui is a bakery/fruit flavor.
    Wild bill is a carmel tobacco flavor.

The first order we got in the shop was 60 bottles and sold out in 1day and nobody had tried it prior, have been using this juice since the cruise exclusively. Well worth the drive to them.

I stocked up and got 6 bottles on hand so I don't run out.
    They also have weekly sale deals on hardware too. You get the mod and a tank plus bottle of dead throne for 110. Dark horse vapor on Facebook has the deals of the week there

8. Joe seiter

Joe seiter Active Member

Oh and they do 5star rewards as well. They also started to carry the steam factory line as well.

9. tehfuzz

Steam Factory is pretty solid. I really enjoy screwberry, castaway is not bad either.

I went and visited Infinity Vapor in Uptown last weekend thanks to the recommendation of @MNRex07 .

I picked up some Five Pawn's Bowden's Mate. It's a signature series that is a mint, chocolate based dessert and finishes off with hints of french vanilla.

(infinity vapes does honor 5star rewards too)

tangledupinblu and MNRex07 like this.
  10. Joe seiter

Joe seiter Active Member

Have not made it to infinite vapor yet but Makenzie is a aquaintince of mine. Five pawns is a super solid line they just are not my flavor profiles. Gambit is the only one I've bought.

Just got my GF the istick 40w with temp control and ordered it in blue. Surprisingly close in color to WRB. When she gets home tonight ill post a pic or two. Nice little device almost forgot it was in my pocket the other day

11. tehfuzz

I heard a bunch about gambit. I must have been running it to high on my tank with their test. Where is that shop over in crystal? thats my old stomping grounds. will have to go and make a pit stop their.

I agree. Five pawns is a top tier juice maker. Bowdens mate is growing on me but i dont think it screams enough to have me purchase it again. Also, for about 30$ a 30ml is a little hefty imo.

A friend of mine who signed up for the monthly service called craft vapery said that he has some unicorns milk that he doesnt want anymore. Ive heard is pretty good. Really like the milk based e cig juices

12. MNRex07

MNRex07 Well-Known Member

I was there on Saturday to pick up ceramic tweezers and a case. surprised I didn't run into you @tehfuzz

13. tehfuzz

I was in around noon - 1ish. the clerk had a bit of a pretentious vibe though. When I asked questions for recommendations he didnt have anything to contribute. Guess I got used to people at smokeless too much.

14. MNRex07

interesting. most workers I run into are very friendly and have recommendations for me. One time I walked in and they just built me a coil just because. Even the people that just chill around and vape have suggestions.

15. tehfuzz

Not knocking the shop. Just had those vibes when I was there. A clerk was there and some other dude on his mac.

16. tangledupinblu

Oic! That makes sense as I believe that I've seen Dead Throne at my local shop.

I've really been stuck on fruit flavors with exception of my own custom blend. I use two of the flavors from my local spot, Morning Smoke and Natural Mint. The morning smoke is a tobacco flavor that tastes alot like a Marlboro Red cigarette in the morning. Blending it around 50/50 with the mint makes for a really smoothe menthol flavor very much like a high end brand; Camel, Newport, Marlboro.

But i always go back to my Tropical Punch flavor that they mix in house for the majority of the day. When i'm REALLY craving a cigarette, i go with my blend as i was a menthol smoker the majority of my 21 years as a tobacco user.

I will take your recommendation and try the Sanctuary and Forbidden. They both sound fantastic! Thanks!!

17. tehfuzz

yum i used to smoke marb reds all the time for many years.

18. tangledupinblu

IMO, all juice is overpriced. As much as i go through, it would be nice if it was about half the price. I try my best to stock up whenever they run the BOGO's on juice. $18/30ml. is a little cray cray to me. $30/30 is just highway robbery!!

And FWIW Joe, i have the iStick 30 and love it! Doesn't take up alot of pocket space and provides solid power through each pull. Previously had the MVP(which was much clunkier).

19. tangledupinblu

Can anyone with knowledge about it comment on why the mods can go so high in wattage? What are the benefits and or reasons for it?

I usually run my fruit flavors at about 5w(3.0v) and my menthol flavor around 8w(4.0v). I usually get a pretty good lung full and cloud from about a 4-5 second pull. I haven't figured out why people roll with 30w+.

I currently use the iStick with 2 Nautilus minis(3ml tanks). I believe that they are 1.8-2 ohm.

TIA!

20. MNRex07

People who use high wattage and low resistance RDA are chasing clouds. Not really my cup of tea but still can be enjoyable. If you are a flavor chaser then you will tend to stick to the reasonably low wattage and higher resistance set up. I would not use tanks on high wattage mods unless you turn them down. Unless you enjoy burnt wick.

21. tangledupinblu

Good to know! I do prefer flavor. I chose e-cigs to help me get away from cigarettes. A moderate cloud is similar to what i had when i smoked, so it's sufficient to my needs. The "storefront emptying" clouds that i see at my local shop are a little ridiculous to me. It's like a peen contest of sorts.

Thanks for the response Pat. I thought that i was weird using mine at less than 10w. Now i know that I'm just a flavor guy. Lol

22. Joe seiter

Joe seiter Active Member

I occasionally use a 100w device to use my dripper on to sample flavors but on my daily vape only 30w max. I go for flavor as well but I get large clouds as I run a high VG juice. There is a sweet spot for everyone and what counts is staying of the cigs. I'm 11months CIG free now and feel way better.

Dark horse is in the stripmall with old country buffet and buffalo wildwings. 81 and bass lake road.

There are tanks made to run at 80+ watts but there is almost no flavor. The best tank currently is the Triton by aspire. Top fill tank clean taste and can get a section so you can build your coil. Beats subtanks hands down

23. tehfuzz

I know where that is! Awesome. Do they still have the down in the valley in that mall?

I typically run at 30w on my 50. Like mentioned before higher wattage = more cloud = lesser flavor ive found too.

24. Joe seiter

Joe seiter Active Member

Also if you want to make your oun liquids reddit has a clone juice recipe thread. Comes out to 5.00 for 30ml approx. A friend of mine started and made a killer peach honeydew flavor.

Have heard unicorns milk is tasty. In a Facebook group I'm in some of them recommended troll milk from elixir vapors and its awesome 120ml for 20 and change. Use elixir50 to get that price.

tehfuzz likes this.
  25. Joe seiter

Joe seiter Active Member

Yeah they do but its now at the end of it. The only time I have found more watts better is on a temp controlled build, heats up better.

26. derp

derp Well-Known Member

I run around 6w. *shrug* good enough for me.

27. tangledupinblu

28. Joe seiter

Joe seiter Active Member

Awsome let me know how you like it. I bought one of the shirts from them because that logo is pretty cool. Plus love to advertise the juice

29. tehfuzz

do they have a sampling bar there? would like to try some flavors they have.

30. Joe seiter

Joe seiter Active Member

Yes they do.

31. tehfuzz

unfortunately, I havent found a custard based juice that Ive enjoyed so far. Most of them were just meh. Hoping someone can prove me wrong soon . :)

32. MNRex07

Shall we make a date out of going to dark horse there @tehfuzz ?

33. tehfuzz

Only if you don't stand me up, sailor. ;)

34. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

are there any brands that disclose their entire ingredient list? i.e. no proprietary blends

35. tehfuzz

Someone feel free to chime in and correct me,but every bottle that I have gotten has had all ingredients listed. I havent seen a proprietary blend yet on a label that ive come across.

36. idget

Josh just posted one

37. tehfuzz

Is artifical flavors considered proprietary?
    [​IMG]

38. idget

no, but it's equally disconcerting to me

39. tangledupinblu

Yes they do. But be prepared to not taste a dayum thing because their test mods are set to 40w, like a boss. I just bought a bottle based more on Joe's review than anything. Nice guys over there and very knowledgeable.

If i get hooked on this stuff, i will blame you Joe when the wife asks why I'm all of the sudden paying $25/30ml. Hahaha

Looked online and can't find it for cheaper than that.

tehfuzz likes this.
  40. tangledupinblu

Another question for you Joe, or anyone else that knows.

Are there any companies that make 100% VG juices rather than a blend of both? And are straight VG juices going to be moar $$$?

I suppose that I could ask Google...but there's no fun in that.

41. tangledupinblu

I noticed that it doesn't say what % of each on there Fuzzy bear?

42. MNRex07

Yes there is %100 VG juice. http://thevaporchef.com/ has Max VG. Guessing it is not %100 but I would have to guess pretty damn near. I have heard %100 VG is a easier to burn so just be careful and not over vape it. Vapor chef is my go to online juice. Very solid premium juice. I have never been disappointed with anything he has to offer.

43. tehfuzz

its 50/50.

44. tangledupinblu

I've noticed that with the Sanctuary (80vg/20pg), that it burns much slower! I filled my 3ml tank lastnight and have been happily puffing away all night and morning. I'm about half way through it(1.5ml). With my normal stuff i would have refilled my tank at least once by now. I usually go through about 9ml in 24hrs. At this rate i think that i'd be cutting my juice intake by 50%!

Flavor and hits are much smoother too IMO.
    Werd breh

45. tangledupinblu

My Sanctuary review...

My taste buds have been a little compromised from being sick, but I'm almost back to 100%.

So the Strawberry is fantastic up front and has a nice sweetness to it. The custard flavor is phenomenal and is there from the start to the finish. Rich in flavor and the vapor is almost creamy smoothe. I haven't been able to notice the "banana finish", but I'm ok with the custard being the finish!

Really enjoying it so far! Thanks @Joe seiter for the recommendation!!