Event Picture Swap / MNSubaru Video

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Dynapar, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

ok everyone we have talked alot about making a compilation video of the events we have held and what not. however when it comes time to collect the pictures and video for the movie, nothing gets sent or brought.

if we truelly want this to happen we need to get pictures, and video copied and brough to a central location (ie firestone / next event) or given to 1 or 2 people (people have already volunteered to do editing and what not).

i say lets get on the ball here. it doesnt have to be immediate but start gathering you pics and vids and burning on CD or emailing them.

also as has been briefly discussed, those who took pictures an videos up at Rich's please burn several CDs and bring them to fire stone / next event to swap pictures w/ other people. i am sure there are 100's of pics. and many minutes of videos that we havent seen yet.

2. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

When we had out Admin/Mod meeting we were talking about having another meet after the new year. I guess I just need to get with Todd to set up a time and such for that.

Russ

3. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Bring them to firestone. I will be setting up a directory on the t3hw00t server so everyone can view them, and so that people that want to do editing and such can download them from one location. That way we don't have to burn 500 disks so that everyone gets a copy of everything.

Bring a disk to firestone with all the pics and vids you have taken and I'll collect them up and upload them to the server. Then I'll post up an address, probably mnsubypics.t3hw00t.com or something silly like that, and they will be available there.

4. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

YES. BRING THEM TO FIRESTONE ON CD'S AND GIVE THEM TO JASON ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!!

5. Dynapar

gave pics to jason tonight. cant wait for them to be onlinez

6. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Jason....can I email these to you? I had a little hold up picking up my car and couldn't make it to firestone (but that's a story for it's own thread...probably to come tomorrow).

7. readymix

8. powerlabs

powerlabs New Member

Any updates on this?

9. readymix

I'm still working on it, it is my goal to have them up by tomorrow night. I apologize for the delay. And many of you my try to dispute this, but I have actually been busy this week.

10. subaru4

subaru4 New Member

wow no way

11. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

I'll probably have time (and access to broadband) tomorrow afternoon...so I'll get you all of mine then.

12. readymix

OK< thanks man.

13. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

14. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

sent.....finally :roll:

15. subaru4

subaru4 New Member

wheres the videos and the pics readymix?

16. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

chill, I just sent him about 50Mb of stuff last friday, and he, maybe not like you, probably has other stuff happening, it'll happen, and he'll tell us when it does

17. readymix

It takes alot of time to upload nearly 680 MB of information to the internet. Then it must be put into a relevant directory structure. And even longer to catalog it on an HTML document so you guys can easily peruse and download it. I'm even going through the trouble of looking at every single image and video so I can put a description with it so that you aren't downloading stuff that you already have a picture of.

I also work. Yes, I am on AIM all the time, but it doesn't mean I get to sit and write HTML documents all day long and catalog pictures. This was a spare time thing. If one of you wants to half-assed dump these images and vids on the intarnets and link us to it, I'll be more than happy to stop what I'm doing and give this stuff to you. It takes time to do it right.

My other plan was to say, 'screw it' and just package the whole batch of it up in a zip file and offer it for download. That is starting to look like a better idea because retyping the URL of an image 500 times in HTML code is a little mind numbing.

I'll let you know in a day or two.

18. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

btw, thanks jason, I really want to see/edit the pics and vids that were taken, but don't have the skills, patience, or resources to host them like you are.

19. Dynapar

i would be fine w/ the monster zip file. lol but i know some 56kers are not

20. asiandude

asiandude Well-Known Member

man it going to suck for me then

21. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

just a little reminder....

22. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

i have this awsome clip of matts sti and this evo vii at the ring. he said he'll kill me if i ever show it. with his permission. we can use it. or even see it. its stored in my no play list of vids at home.

23. powerlabs

powerlabs New Member

I've given up on seeing any pictures or videos of my car at the ice race... :(

24. readymix

Bah, I got busy and forgot. I'm a horrible person. I'll just post the massive zip file to my server and post a link here...hold on, give me 10 min to upload it.

25. readymix

I'm working on uploading them. It takes LOTS of time. My upload speed is crap here for some reason.

http://www.t3hw00t.com/gallery/

It is the only gallery there. You can view what is already up there, about 50 pics. Like I said, it takes lots of stupid time for me to upload them. If you have more MNSubaru related pictures (Like Large Batches of them) I can possibly make you a user so you can upload mass quantities on your own MNSubie pics.

26. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

I figured....no big deal, it happens to all of us

27. readymix

The videos are what is taking so long. Dynapar decided that 10mb movies were a great idea. :roll: No big deal. It takes me about 5 minutes to upload one of Martin's movies. And I have to go to work. I still probably wont have these done this weekend, but as you can see, there is a start, pictures will filter in in groups. They are constantly being uploaded, but I have to sit and 'approve' every one of them. And that takes time too. I'm hoping they will all be on the server by the time I get back from St-Cloud today. I'll keep you posted.

Again, sorry for the huge, uneccessary delay on this.

28. readymix

All the pics are now uploaded I believe...if you think there are some missing...send me a PM with a description and I'll look in the files. But I think I nailed them all down this time. The videos will have to wait for now. I'll try to upload them this weekend as time permits.

29. Dynapar

^^ hey. lol those vids are alright. you couldhave skipped em if you desired.

30. readymix

Can someone move this thread to Pics/Vids?

31. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

okkkaaaay

32. readymix

i believe the thread has been moved to another forum.

WHAT!?

I said, I believe the thread has been moved to another forum

OKAY!!