Failing Grimmspeed EBCS?

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by 2000_gc8, Aug 6, 2018.

1. 2000_gc8

2000_gc8 Active Member

Hi all I'm looking for an opinion on this. 2013 WRX lightly built downpipe, 1000cc injectors, fuel pump, process west top mount, forge BOV and Grimspeed EBCS. Recently I developed an occasional P0224 check engine for wastegate solenoid while driving under normal conditions (40-60mph in 5th gear) and not under WOT, it will feel like a slight surge for about a half second and thats about it. I have not been able to catch it on accessport logging but as far as I can tell the boost numbers under load seem to be withing range. So has anyone run into this issue and if so what was their cause and if the Grimspeed EBCS is a place to start for replacement.

Any info is appreciated, Thanks!

2. Fienix

Fienix Well-Known Member

Do you mean P0244?
    Have you checked this? https://www.obd-codes.com/p0244
    Stock turbo? You could always find someone with a known working EBCS to swap with for a bit to see if that helps anything. I'd offer, but the 02-05 EBCS is a different SKU.
    Be sure to check all the vacuum lines going to/from the EBCS, even pinholes in the hoses can cause funky boost problems.

3. 2000_gc8

2000_gc8 Active Member

Correct P0244 my bad. It is a stock turbo and the lines themselves look pretty good, I have not tested them yet for leaks yet. I was going to talk to Grimmspeed today to see if they have had issue with the units going bad. Someone mentioned it could be a the Forge bov starting to go apparently they aren't the best quality.