Faribault/Owatonna/Northfield Area

Discussion in 'Want To Buy : Cars/Parts' started by pillboy, Jan 7, 2012.

1. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Anyone familiar with auto body shops in this area? Someone broadsided my mother-in-law's 2010 Ford Escape in the passenger side today. After seeing it, I doubt it will not be totaled, but will need a complete front door, minor work and paint on the rear door, new front fender, and a trip to the frame jig as the front wheel is now running a little more negative camber than it should (no glass breakage, no air bag deployment and the rocker panel appears to be OK).

I am not familiar with the quality of work that any of the local shops can turn out and would like some guidance if anyone can share some insight.

Thanks.

2. Medic_538

Medic_538 Well-Known Member

There is a body shop in NFLD that does good work. Fixed my buddies Monza (no not mazda) after he hit a deer. If your familiar with the area, it is behind the Chevy, GMC dealership in NFLD. I am not sure of the name but I can get it for you in the am.

3. Medic_538

Medic_538 Well-Known Member

Found it.... Northfield auto body... tough one.

4. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Thanks...I know where the dealer is, used to be Furlong's but is now owned by the Apple group.

Mom-in-law's insurance company's list of "approved vendors" includes Abra shops (including the Harry Brown owned one in Faribault) and Crystal Lake Automotive in Burnsville (just south of Buck Hill). Crystal Lake impresses on their web site and I plan on going down there after work on Monday to talk to them/check out their facility. Can anyone comment on them?