First meet of the season!!

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by WRX1, Mar 28, 2005.

1. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok, we know Firestone is gettting packed, and the weather is getting better outside. We need a meet. I have no time or place, but we will get that figured out. Maybe Brett can provide the place and we can come up with a time. Maybe a early friday (6:30 or so) and head over to Uni afterwards??? Just throw out your ideas and we will go from there.

Russ

2. Gspot

Gspot New Member

A few of us were gonna meet in Burnsville and then caravan up but thats out of the way for most i suppose. Maybe we could just go somewhere around St. Paul and eat before we hit midway?

3. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

i say get a chuch to let us use their space. They don't need the space 90% of the time. I know a church up here in andover actually sponsors a big car show every monday night, i bet they'd let us meet there on say wednesdays or something. and it isn't too hard to find, just off of hwy 10 and Round Lake Blvd, 1 mile from the highway.

either that or we could possibly meet at Sears, sunday's after 6 pm, there is no businesses open in the whole Riverdale shopping center.

4. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

so no more firestone friday? im still new to this and dont know my way around. just let me know when and where.

5. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

maybe we could meet at aldrich areana on white bear. big parking lot, close to hiway, and restraunts, and maybe, just maybe we could use fongs letter and send it to the owner of aldrich and he'll let us use his lot. there has been numrous car shows and stuff there. fong please send your letter to the owner of aldrich.

6. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

My girlfriend works at a Tai restaraunt called Ni Light on robert street, it's fairly new. I talked to the owner about a month ago about having a meet there and he was sooo cool with that idea and askes me when its gonna happen all the time. So we can meet up there, they have alot of seating, golden tee, big buck hunter and beer on tap}:)

7. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

^^Now THAT is what I'm talkin' about.^^

8. morganm

morganm New Member

That sounds yummy; I don't think I've had Tai food. They do make stuff thats not insanly spicy right? :D

9. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Dream

Tai restaraunt called Ni Light on robert street<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Ha!, I drive by Robert St. everyday and was wondering if the foods any good. Maybe we should have a meet there and try out the food... Thai and spicy ;) FYI: they have a small parking lot though.

How about this... let's have a Subaru dealership meet where we get to test drive the new Legacy GT/Outback etc... just have Brett set something up. I know the Audi guys get to do this type of things with their local Audi dealership.

Pro: Dealership get's customer retention.

Con: Dealers don't care about customer retention.

10. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

That is a good idea too. Norm Reeves Subaru in Riverside, CA was a great dealership and we would have meets there alot. If you can find a good dealership, I would highly recommend it. Especially if you get to meet the repair techs. We had a great relationship with the service dept. at NRSubaru and they were 'mod friendly' to an extent (i.e. if you broke your axles doing 5k rpm clutch dumps while drag racing, you aren't going to get warranty work) Any time you can get friendly with a dealership its a good thing. I recommend White Bear Subaru. One of the dealers there is a pretty cool guy, and he said one of the repair guys was doing his VF34 install. That might be a good place to start.

11. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

They do have a small lot but im sure I can arrange something where we can get the whole front lot and there is plenty of parking in the back. They have spicy and non spicy food along with great american food.

Edit: Plus its close to Firestone;)

12. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

spicy thai food? im down! papaya salad and pad thai here we go!

13. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

^^^Ya right, you wont show up:D;)

14. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Eating Thai food that is not spicy is missing the whole point.

15. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Zola

Eating Thai food that is not spicy is missing the whole point.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Agree'd, cant beat alittle spicy food to fire ya up before heading out to Friestone:cool:

16. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

the meet at the restaraunt would be great! i wanna try some tai food! also vic's idea at the dealer isnt bad at all too. Maybe we can work something out with brett.

17. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Dream

Tai restaraunt called Ni Light on robert street<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Ha!, I drive by Robert St. everyday and was wondering if the foods any good. Maybe we should have a meet there and try out the food... Thai and spicy ;) FYI: they have a small parking lot though.

How about this... let's have a Subaru dealership meet where we get to test drive the new Legacy GT/Outback etc... just have Brett set something up. I know the Audi guys get to do this type of things with their local Audi dealership.

I think the test drive idea will be out of the question since some guys tested an STI the other week and crashed it. I heard the managers pretty piss off knowing that there was only bout 3 stis on the lot.

18. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

thai sounds good to me. We just need to make sure that we can still get to firestone around 8 ish, so we dont lose it.

19. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jdgrimm

thai sounds good to me. We just need to make sure that we can still get to firestone around 8 ish, so we dont lose it.
    For sure. Meet at 6:30ish, eat, then all head down there. We can do this on a saturday too for us that work during the week so we have more time to eat and get down there.

20. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Well, the meet idea wasn't really about this week, maybe in a week or two. As for this friday, ya we can meet up before hand and go get some food.

Russ

21. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

Guys set a time and date, and i can try to make it, just got to make sure i have off work....**** retail...

22. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

yup. set a time on friday. im hoping to meet up with some b-ville people then off to the restaurant..THEN to firestone? sounds like a good plan to me. hope firestone meet has bathrooms for you peeps that love spicy but ur stomach hates it. :D

23. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

We should meet at firestone around 6:30, do a little drive to a nice restaraunt and then head back to firestone to check out the cars. If we do it that way then everyone will know where to meet and no one will get lost on the way to find the restaraunt.

Evan

24. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

so meet at firestone this friday at 6:30, head to the restaraunt to eat then back to firestone before 8?

25. TheWRX

TheWRX Well-Known Member

Is lou correct, or are we meeting at the resturant at 6:30 then heading out to firestone, what ever is the decision, make sure everyone is informed...;)

Mohammad

26. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

it's spelled Lue....:(! :p

27. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

i can't find directions to this thai place anywhere. erik...a little help?

28. Steve-o

Steve-o Administrator Staff Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by yosmiley

Con: It's hard to sell cars that have broken transmissions. Only people like me who drives an Audi would know ;)

29. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jdgrimm

i can't find directions to this thai place anywhere. erik...a little help?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I dont think were doing this this friday are we?? I thought Russ said in a couple weeks.....

30. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

he also said he dont mind meeting up and going out to eat this friday.

31. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

sounds good....thai foods isnt that hot even though it says in the menu....

32. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

my friend, thats why you should order OVER accordingly to what it says. if it says, 1 2 3 4 or 5 pepper levels. you want 7!!!! :D

33. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Screw that!!! That food is SPICY imo. I can eat a medium level hottness and my eye's start to water and I cant taste anymore:D

34. TheWRX

TheWRX Well-Known Member

OK I guss it's set, we meet up AT the place we are going to eat at 6:30 (SOMEONE POST UP THE ADDRESS TO THAT THI FOOD PLACE OR GIVE DIRECTIONS PLEASE) then head out to midway at about 8pm, how does that sound...I am up for it who's with me...:cool:

35. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

we all are up to it.

this is what ur guys face is gonna be when you eat.. :I

36. masube81

masube81 Well-Known Member

so many subes going to be there?:D

37. afmoa

afmoa Guest

I've been watching this thread develop for a little bit. I have been trying to organize a meet at the dealership for sometime but haven't executed. It's a go for meeting here for sure, but when?

Do you guys have a date in mind? Weeknight? Weekend? Sundays are out for the dealership.

LETS PICK A DATE AND TIME!

38. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

indeed. i will be there. first time at a meet, first time meeting you all. welcome a noob, will ya?

39. ImprezaWrx9

ImprezaWrx9 Well-Known Member

ya, i'm a noob also..... but dont' think i'm that comfortable meeting with you peeps yet... think i'm just going to roll past firestone and rev :D that's it :D

40. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

afmoa: I can make it anytime! let the people that are limited in time set the date.

ImprezaWrx9: dang noob, show some balls and stop by...:p

Can someone post up the addy to the resturant? i still don't know where it's at.

41. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LVT
    Can someone post up the addy to the resturant? i still don't know where it's at.

Yeah where is it and is this going to happen this friday

42. ImprezaWrx9

ImprezaWrx9 Well-Known Member

i've drove past firestone so many times but never stopped by [xx(] because i feel unwelcomed as a noob :(. but when i go up there this fri, i'll probably stop by :)

43. Cole

Cole New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ImprezaWrx9

i've drove past firestone so many times but never stopped by [xx(] because i feel unwelcomed as a noob :(. but when i go up there this fri, i'll probably stop by :)

I came out last friday for the first time and I'm horrible at meeting new people. Just do it.

Hopefully I'll make it out again this friday (maybe earlier too).

44. TheWRX

TheWRX Well-Known Member

I believe this should happen this friday (April 1), Since we have been talking about it, so Let's just do it, Meet up at that resturant that people have been talking about or any other good resturant that has a big parking lot at 6:30PM and eat and then head out to midway at about 8pm for some fun...}:):D

We are just missing the address to that restrunt or if someone knows a good place with good food that is also close to midway, let us know....and we'll pick somthing :)...But tell u the truth all that talking about thai spicy food makes me wanting to try that restrunt:p:D

45. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

I cant tell you exact direction cuz I suck at that, but its right on Robert street right before the bridge goin into St.Paul on the left hand side. Its a small white building with a small parking lot in the front. Its called Ni Lite.