First Official meet ** April 8th - 6pm**

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by WRX1, Mar 30, 2005.

1. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok, here it is, our first official meet of the summer. I talked to Brett today and we have setup Friday April 8th around 6pm. The dealership closes at 6, so that will open up some parking for us. I am going to try and have a bunch of stickers and such. I know Brett said he was going to try and get some stuff together.

I think this first meet, we will just have a meet and greet and get a chance to look at everyone's cars. This club has exploded with new members since our last meet, so it is time to start putting some names to faces. Afterwards we can head out to Firestone or .........

Also, if you could post of you are going to go, that way we can kinda get a head count and plan accordingly.

Russ

2. morganm

morganm New Member

Where is Brett's dealership? :)

3. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

broklyn park subaru

anyways, *raises hand*

4. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

I'll be there also

5. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

I'll see you guys there... since I don't get off work until 5PM and driving out there will be a pain... I'll be there but a bit later then 6PM.

6. TheWRX

TheWRX Well-Known Member

I will be there, 100%. Hope to see everyone there...:D

Mohammad

7. BlackDubRX

BlackDubRX New Member

My old man and I will be there also.

8. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

i'll be there

9. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

I will be there

10. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

i will ask for clearence.
    :D

11. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

count me in. we should put up a dedicated member directory. have a pic of everyone and put it in gallery or in thier profile.

12. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Darn! I have an appointment at BP Subaru this friday, not next friday... I'm gonna call to cancel the recall for my Scooby and reschedule it for Friday 8. :D

13. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Ill be there!:)

14. kickin_81

Are we having pizza again? Who will be providing food/drinks for the club?

15. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

Humm...if my car still runs by then..... but the usual... ;)

16. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

welp im there....see you all there.....;)

17. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

Are we having pizza again? Who will be providing food/drinks for the club?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Im willing to donate.

18. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

i will be there..might be a little late cause traffic is going to be a biootch. we can all just put a few bucks in for pizza.

19. kickin_81

Alright! I'll be the first one there! I have an appointment at 5 PM at the dealership. :D

Drinks? I have a cooler that can store about 48 cans. I can get the drinks ready, but I would like some help paying for the pop.

20. Cole

Cole New Member

I think I'll be able to make it up there.

21. Tcat55371

Tcat55371 Well-Known Member

I'm going to try and make it. I was just in there looking at the used 04WRX out front, drove the old XT in. Thats the dealer around the corner from Fleet Farm correct?
    What do you want to see, lifted wagon or nice XT?

22. BlackDubRX

BlackDubRX New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

Drinks? I have a cooler that can store about 48 cans. I can get the drinks ready, but I would like some help paying for the pop.

I can bring a case of some soda to chip in, what should I bring?

23. kickin_81

I don't think there'll be a vote on which pop to buy, but I think the most popular are Pepsi/Coke, Sprite, Mt. Dew, and Dr. Pepper. I'll fill up the cooler with ice before I get there. Hopefully we won't be eating the minute everyone gets there; the pop will be too warm.

Anyone else able to donate pop? :)

24. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Fong, FYI, please check with Russ and Brett before you make any plan.

25. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by yosmiley

Fong, FYI, please check with Russ and Brett before you make any plan.
    I know, but I was hoping Russ would post to this thread and let us know what's up with the food/drink plans before it's too late.

26. Dynapar

we can use all those buetiful new cars to hold pop cans and pizza boxes lol. i am sure th dealership would love water rings, and pizza grease on the 05 STis

27. BlackDubRX

BlackDubRX New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Dynapar

we can use all those buetiful new cars to hold pop cans and pizza boxes lol. i am sure th dealership would love water rings, and pizza grease on the 05 STis

:eek::D:D

28. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Well, I am not to sure about the food and drink yet. I will talk to Brett tomorrow. Once we have something figured out I will post up.

Russ

29. AWD 101

AWD 101 Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Tcat55371

What do you want to see, lifted wagon or nice XT?
    1 vote XT, play up the old school :D
    count me in [edit] for 2 people.

30. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

fuji if you took it easy on your poor car for a week or two it just might!

31. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

last i heard his car is dying.....he told lee that he think he blew a cylinder.....

32. LegacyPGT

LegacyPGT Well-Known Member

Well im new here, and I will try to make it down there. Plus I just replaced my old 92 Legacy Wagon with a nice 03 wrx wagon putting 275 hp at the wheels :D

Mike Wray

33. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LegacyPGT

Well im new here, and I will try to make it down there. Plus I just replaced my old 92 Legacy Wagon with a nice 03 wrx wagon putting 275 hp at the wheels :D

Mike Wray
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Wasn't the car you just bought for sale a couple weeks back? I think I've seen the ad. I'd love to check it out. :)

Lue, when did this happen to Fuji? The last time I heard from Fuji, he was still shutting off his motor while coasting downhill to save fuel. :p

34. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

I get off work in Maple Grove at 6pm so I'll be there shortly afterwards.

35. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

count me in for now, i will try my best to make it

36. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LegacyPGT

Mike Wray
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Wasn't the car you just bought for sale a couple weeks back? I think I've seen the ad. I'd love to check it out. :)

Lue, when did this happen to Fuji? The last time I heard from Fuji, he was still shutting off his motor while coasting downhill to save fuel. :p

it happened on wednesday after he dropped of off home from borders. I don't know what happened but lee came over the next day saying fuji think he blew a cylinder on the way home. I havent talked to him yet.

37. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

Sorry, can't make it. ...too far for rush hour on a Friday.

38. Dynapar

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LVT

last i heard his car is dying.....he told lee that he think he blew a cylinder.....

good thing he stopped at u pull that last time then. i cant wait to see when he "fixes" it. hehehe

39. KaliforniaKid

KaliforniaKid New Member

I'll be there.

40. LegacyPGT

LegacyPGT Well-Known Member

yea this car was for sale 2 weeks ago, until I bought it :cool: And most likely you didn't see the add unless you live in Virginia. See you there

41. Grimm

Grimm New Member

I am going to try and make it with my girl that none of you have met yet. I don't think I can make it before 6:30 though.... Long a$$ drive for me to get her and make it back there. I want here to sit in a forester, and see if she would like it for her car.

42. Gspot

Gspot New Member

I work until 4 but I think I should be able to make it at 6.

43. afmoa

afmoa Guest

I just want to clairify a few things for you guys for the meet this Friday at Brooklyn Park Subaru-

The dealership CLOSES at 6pm. That means parts, sales and service will not be accessible after 6pm. If you are interested in looking at cars, be there BEFORE 6pm.

The dealership will not be providing food or drinks at the meet. You are welcome to bring your own, but BE RESPONSIBLE with what you bring. I will try to organize a spot for everyone to park together and also have some extra trash cans available.

I know there are several places close, including Jimmy Johns, Chipotle, Leann Chin, Fizzollis...

The dealership will be planning another meet with the MN Subaru club at another time that will be during our business hours so you guys can talk with sales, service and parts.

I would also like to announce a spring sale on parts for club members. Effective immediately, all MN Subaru members get 20% off any Genuine Subaru parts!

Hope to see everyone this Friday!

44. Dynapar

doh... i should have waited before replacing the front half of my engine. would been alot cheaper w/ 20% off.

45. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

wow now 20%....kool....looks like new bearing for me....how much for left and right front wheel?