Fitment Q on OEM sway/springs

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by petrakov08, Feb 7, 2018.

1. petrakov08

petrakov08 Well-Known Member

Where are my fitment experts? Anyone know what generation this OEM springs/sway are off? (They fell into my hands so I'm not exactly sure myself).

Thanks!
    -Art

IMG_4615.JPG

IMG_4619.JPG

Attached Files:

2. petrakov08

Looks like a BRZ sway?

IMG_4616sdfs.PNG

3. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

got some calipers and a measuring tape?

what's the diameter, length between endlink mounting holes, any PNs stamped on anything?

4. petrakov08

I'll take a look tonight and get back to you!

Thanks, Art

5. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

That looks like a front sway bar...the rear sb on the BRZ/FRS is straighter and has different mounting orientations.

Due to the small diameter of the rear springs, they definitely look like they are from a subaru that has rear multi link suspension (08+ impreza, forester, legacy, outback, brz, etc) and not from one that had the typical mcpherson rear strut.

As far as a specific year, make, or model, you're going to need dimension measurements at a minimum, plus [ideally] spring rate.

Your easiest bet here might be tracking down the original owner and where they came from...

6. petrakov08

Looks like it's a 24mm diameter and 44.75" between the inside of the mounting holes, no part numbers stamped anywhere, but it appears there was a sticker tag that was ripped off.

Thanks! Yeah that might be a good bet, I was more curious that anything, and was planning on listing them for sale for a few bucks at some point.

-Art