For those wanting windows tinted!

Discussion in 'Vendor Announcements/Sales/Discounts' started by optimusrob, Dec 30, 2010.

1. optimusrob

optimusrob Active Member

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum, I just bought a 99 Subaru Outback. In the last forum I belonged to (3si.com) I offered all members special prices on window tint and paint protection film, and I'd like to do the same to you. I work for SunControl of Minnesota and have been tinting windows for 20+ years and have been installing paint protection films for 6. We carry the best film on the market (Llumar and FormulaOne) and also a wide variety of 3M products.

Please let me know if you are interested in either tint or PPF, and I will cut you a great deal if you mention this forum.

I've also began to work with 3M dynoc film. It comes in flat black, carbon fiber and a variety of other colors. Here is a link :http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/

This stuff is becomming really popular on the west coast and I've seen pics of guys wraping whole cars in the flat black. Its really neat, so send me your ideas.

Happy Holidays!

Rob Binger
    SunControl of MN
    651-490-1060

OP: Please check your PM box and respond to the message from our Vendor Relations representative.
    This thread is closed.

2. Mr.Tran

Mr.Tran Well-Known Member

Welcome! Wow that's very kind of you to offer a discount right off the bat like that.

3. optimusrob

optimusrob Active Member

Thanks man..hopefully throwing that discount out there won't make you guys as mad at me when I start asking stupid tech questions in the spring. lol

4. scrltspedstr

scrltspedstr Well-Known Member

thats awesome. do you have a standard price for a hood and whatever is standard in clear?

5. HYPERION-X

HYPERION-X Well-Known Member

Not sure about how many Sun Control stores there are but I had my windows tinted at the one in Eden Prairie off of 169 and it was a very good experience.

6. optimusrob

optimusrob Active Member

For the paint protection? just the hood would be around $120, if you wanted the fenders and mirrors done, you'd be looking at around $200. For those of you who have after-market lips on the front of your cars, I'd recommend having that protected, as they take alot of abuse.

Good to hear! Can you post some pics? Todd probably did your windows then. He does really good work. I work out of the St. Paul and Hudson shops.

7. 4drcivicmaster

4drcivicmaster Well-Known Member

welcome, and pm'd!

8. TickTack

TickTack Well-Known Member

I've known Rob for longer than I care to admit and he's been tinting windows for as long as I can remember.

I'll probably be needing your services in the spring. I wanna make an effort to protect the car from 'cone rash' this season.

9. HYPERION-X

I've sold both cars but need my Forester XT tinted so I'll be giving you a call soon.

10. optimusrob

optimusrob Active Member

Don't hesitate, I'll look forward to it!

Hey man, I knew you'd be on here somewhere! I still think you should tint it, but if you need some pff for your bumper, give me a call

11. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

i had my side window broken out so need some tint and the previous owner has some crappy tint on there so im looking to replace all the tint on my 02 wrx what kind of price we talking about?

12. eelist

eelist Active Member

I had my 99 Legacy tinted at your Roseville/Little Canada store about 6 or 7 years ago and you guys did a great job, although it was kinda pricey. Hopefully prices have come down. Turnaround time for me was about 3 or 4 hours I believe.

I'll probably bring my new car in for a tint job at your stores again.

13. optimusrob

optimusrob Active Member

Hey thanks for the good word! Yea, cheapest we charge for cars is $269!! Its pretty expensive, but you get what you pay for.

I'll do complete vehicles for $180. You get the same material as the $269 job, and i'll give you the lifetime warranty (even though you won't need it) I've worked with alot of tinters in the area, and I can promise that you won't get a better quality job anywhere else.

Also, let me know if you have any interest in custom tint. I love making designs for people, as long as they're not to complicated!

here's one I just finished..
    [​IMG]

14. eelist

eelist Active Member

I think I paid more than $269. Like I said, it was a while back.

I've PMed ya.

15. TickTack

TickTack Well-Known Member

I wanna see what happens to that. Is that for a car?

16. Buddy

Buddy Well-Known Member

pm sent

17. optimusrob

optimusrob Active Member

Sorry matt i've already stuck it up in the shop. That would have looked awesome in a back window huh? I've got some other creations i'll post here in a min..

18. optimusrob

optimusrob Active Member

19. CornFed_STI

CornFed_STI Member

I'm definitely gonna have to check this out. I've seen pictures of cars with wraps but never in person. Also need to get some tint on my windows

20. jonny8852

jonny8852 Well-Known Member

+1 for the company. I had my done about 3yrs ago and love the quality. Though i do have some scratches in the tint now (All my doing though). I was charged 300 for removal of old tint and installation of new tint. Like i said. I could not of been happier.

21. HYPERION-X

Can you pm me some times that work for you to tint my Forester?

22. amSubie

amSubie New Member

How much would you think it cost for a 2011 Impreza Outback sport? I want to do the all 4 sides and the back.
    I plan to keep the car for at least years so I need something that last that long or is warrantied that long.

23. optimusrob

optimusrob Active Member

$180 and i'll warranty it for as long as you own it.

24. babiker712

babiker712 Well-Known Member

I could be interested in this. How long does it take you? I don't have a second vehicle to go without for awhile...

25. optimusrob

optimusrob Active Member

No more than 2 hours. I could get you in and out in less than an hour but I like to shave the door edges, so it ends up being about an hour and half. If you had to be somewhere, I could loan you my car, or drop you off somewhere. We could work something out. Let me know!

Thanks
    -Rob

26. thunderdan1313

thunderdan1313 New Member

2004 jeep wrangler hard top how much to tint the windows?

27. DVS_DAN

DVS_DAN Member

How much for removal? Is it a PITA or just tedious razor blade scraping? I'll do it myself to help out if that's the case. Thanks

28. predavore

predavore Well-Known Member

You should do the MNSUBARU logo... that would be sweet.

29. babiker712

I second this notion. Rear wing window would be perfect spot. I'd even nobly offer up my car to be the test pilot :laugh:

30. optimusrob

optimusrob Active Member

$100 bucks for a complete removal, you can scrape the side windows with a razor (with a little bit of soap/ammonia mixture works great). The back window can be a real pain, especially if the old tint has been on for a while. In that case, I use a combination of heat with steel wool and scrub till your arm falls off

Great idea, I'll see what I can whip up. If it looks good babiker, it's all yours!

ThunderDan, $180 if you want all the windows done

31. Chuyixiong

Chuyixiong New Member

Pm u bout a Toyota van lmk Thanx..

32. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

price on a 94 legacy L wagon. 50% front 2, 35% rearward

33. optimusrob

optimusrob Active Member

$180 for the whole thing

34. Devious Delight

Devious Delight New Member

how about an '09 impreza-

also, can you tint the clear section of the tail lights red? what would that cost?

35. STiracer48

STiracer48 New Member

can you do darker than 50% or will i have to go the the Hudson shop for that? :) and what would be the charge for one front window on a 2000 S4?

36. masube81

masube81 Well-Known Member

Same here I need 1 window for my Sti 50%.

37. optimusrob

optimusrob Active Member

'09 impreza would be $180 as well. I don't do taillight mods, but if you buy the red film online, i'd be happy to give it a shot.

for you guys who want one window done, $40 or $30 if you pay cash.

Thanks for the questions!

38. masube81

masube81 Well-Known Member

Paying in cash and I'll let you know when I'm ready. Thanks!

39. babiker712

Rob is awesome

I had Rob install tint on my windows last week. Here's the rundown: I have a 2000 Legacy GT Sedan in TBP with black interior. I was on the fence about keeping it legal at 50% on the rears or going for 40%. Rob weighed the options with me and gave his opinion, I went with it, and it was the right call. It looks great. He was very approachable, one of the nicest guys you'll meet and definitely understands customer service. He worked with me to accommodate my schedule to install near my office in Eden Prairie, and answered all of my questions. I was concerned about the look of the rear window as it was curing as there was some moisture, and Rob reassured me of how the curing process works and put my fears to rest... he even called me before I could call him back to tell him how great it looks after a week!

As for the film itself, it seems to be a very high quality film. For the price and the quality, not to mention the lifetime guarantee---- you can't pass up this deal. I'll post pics once I let idget get his hands on my car. It's current state doesn't do it justice. Can't recommend this guy or his services enough.

40. optimusrob

optimusrob Active Member

I appreciate the good word, thanks alot! That 40% looks great against the beige paint/black interior. Can't wait to see pics!

41. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

interested also in pics at 40%

42. WiRX

WiRX Active Member

Do you guys sell the 3m flat black or white vinyl outright?

Thanks,

Stephen

43. babiker712

44. 03subyR

03subyR Well-Known Member

That looks darker than 40%. Looks good. I am so tempted to get my windows tinted, anybody have pics of 50% tint?

45. babiker712

Black interior makes it look way darker than it is