Forum agreements

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Front Office' started by SubeN'Siren, May 29, 2008.

1. SubeN'Siren

SubeN'Siren Well-Known Member

Tonight, when trying to post, I was greeted with an announcement that I must agree to some policies before making a post.

I clicked on agree, but have no idea what I agreed to, being that the writing was in light green on medium grey...VERY HARD (if not impossible) TO READ!

Perhaps a mod should make it in something someone without 3-D glasses can read?

2. prezawagon

prezawagon Well-Known Member

3. bhiku

bhiku Well-Known Member

Yeah, I tried to do a search yesterday w/o signing in. Instead of the unreadable characters to type in I got a question to be answered. "What state is Minnesota?" What on earth is that asking? Does it mean where does it line up in the chronological listing of the 50 states of the Union? Or, what is Minnesota's emotional state? I guess that could affect how the website responds, maybe. Or possibly it was referring to Minnesota's physical state of being following the storms this past weekend. So anyway, I finally gave up and logged in for the 2 minutes I needed to get some quick info.

I suppose it could have been a device to see how often the search feature is used, but who cares if it only works for people not registered or logged in.

edit: Oh, I got the agreement thing when I logged in for this, too. But the colours were black on light grey. So I guess it is fixed.

4. prezawagon

prezawagon Well-Known Member

It's just a basic captcha system. I'm not exactly sure why it's turned on for searches, mabye to keep the spiders from searching and slowing the system down.

Anyway, I just tested it and got that question. "What state is MN?" the answer is "Minnesota".