Friday night meets

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by readymix, Aug 14, 2012.

1. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

With the demise of the University Ave car hangout, the loss of Porky's and the Firestone lot repaving, the old Friday Firestone meet is dead. Which is kinda sad I guess.
    With that said, there are two spots where people have been meeting up on Fridays.

One spot is the HarMar mall. This isn't a Subaru only meet spot, so don't expect a line of Subarus without serious coordination and prompt arrival. But there is usually a lot of non-Subaru cars parked there, lots of classics and muscle. Plenty to see, and it has the old University Ave feel with all the awesome cars rolling up and down Snelling and people sitting on lawn chairs on the side of the road spectating.

Sears is another option. Though I have never been to this meet spot, so someone with some experience may want to chime in and tell me what goes on there.

I will update this post with addresses and maps and such when I get more information on the Sears meet spot.

The ultimate purpose of this thread is for the Friday meet goers to discuss and decide where the meet will take place. I'm sure over time, as one place becomes more popular than the other, the thread will change to reflect that choice. For now, this thread serves as a place to let everyone know where you plan to be on Friday to coordinate a meet. Because the problem we've had lately is only a few people would show up to Firestone, and they'd show up at drasticly different times, so it never really materialized. Or early arrivals would leave and go to HarMar instead, leaving everyone that arrived afterwards wondering where everyone went.

2. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

I should make it out at least once this yarrrrrrrr.

3. blackozone

blackozone Well-Known Member

I haven't been up in a long time to visit one of the Friday night meets. Maybe it's time to make a trip back if a place can be locked down.

4. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

sounds good to me! I like harmar.

5. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member

Didn't HarMar get shut down by the cops last summer? Are they letting it happen again?

Sears has been getting a lot of people (a few Subaru's), but the cops have been rolling through the last couple weeks.

6. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

Harmar kicks people out at 10pm. You get a little mix of everything.

Sears kicks people out at random times. Depending on how busy the cops are. You get a lot of mix of everything.

7. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Back in the day, Warner rd was a hotspot. Big brother rolled through many times per night to remind everyone it was time to go home and even was nice enough to sit at the end of the road to make sure no one (or two) in a hurry to go home got into a speeding accident. ;) I live close by but haven't had time to see if people still gathered there.

8. WLGT

WLGT Well-Known Member

An lot along Shepard road?

9. Soupboy

Soupboy Well-Known Member

I know, I know, there is a predisposition to east-side meets but has anyone tested the west metro for options? Not trying to dissuade or detract, just asking.