frisbee golf anyone????

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by sickwagon04, May 5, 2009.

1. sickwagon04

sickwagon04 Active Member

i play constantly at ALMAGNET in apple valley! does anyone else play??? whos down for a meet a a decent course??? any ideas? i love almagnet, koposia, oakwood, bryant lake park, moir a little, moir is a pretty central metro area...INTRESTED PLAYERS??? i play leagues in almagnet and trying to play red oaks. look for the wagon mafia sticker! silver 04 WRX wagon!!!

2. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

i used to play at either bryant or staring lake every day but since ive moved to st paul i play highland park a lot.

3. sickwagon04

highland isnt far from apple valley ive played there a few times, pretty easy course, if its not too windy.

4. Rallygirl

Rallygirl New Member

Are you willing to teach. I would love to learn how to play, I actually watched a little today. It looks really fun, please let me know. I go to Bethel and they actually have a course on the campus.

5. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

I am going thursday!! not sure where yet..need to find a course by burnsville..I suck but it sure is fun to play..where is almagnet?? any good suggestions for a course by bloomington/burnsville/ep besides starring lake..

6. sickwagon04

i live off of algmagnet. i can try n teach! i have enough discs to teach a little bit. if your in burnsville almagnet is right by my place!!! off gardenview and 140th/11. super easy to get to. co rd 42 east to gardenview. left on gardenview to first stop sign. lefft at stop sign, to top of hill and signs on right for park at top of hill to parking lot.

let me know if your intrested, id love people to play with with some sweet subies to have out there!!!

7. tksti

tksti New Member

I love to play too. Cept I am way south of the metro. I play St.Peter alot. Waconia has a nice course. Bryant Lake is really nice Starring is ok.

8. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

well looks like were going to plymouth your welcome to join us..but only be one subi lol..and I already know how to play (but suck) but im bringing two noobs..

9. sickwagon04

if you want come to almagnet or im playing leagues at red oaks, i hope. come to either, im playing at red oaks thursdays, and almagnet mondays, thats when work permits! i try n leave early mondays and usually have off thursdays:laugh:.

10. sickwagon04

ive only walked bryantt that place is NOICE!!!! but very wide open! nice if not windy. id love to play there!!!! southwest is definitly a drive but let me know!!!

11. sickwagon04

im gonna be driving down to mankato probally every other weekend or so to help out my grandmother, most weekends.

12. Platinum Coan

Platinum Coan Well-Known Member

I was playing at Alamagnet on last Tuesday and I think I saw your wagon there (I didn't have my Subaru I was on a blue sport bike). I just started playing last week and have become very addicted to it. :)

13. sickwagon04

i try n play whenever i can so if anyone wants to play contact me on FACEBOOK.com

email@
    [email protected]

14. tksti

tksti New Member

There is a course in Shakopee. Lions Park. Pretty open. usually windy

15. sickwagon04

ever played that course???? windy is bad!!! that course has NO trees to breaK WIND!!! tough course but very open easy to find discs!!!:laugh:

16. sickwagon04

17. fischer881

fischer881 Well-Known Member

I play from time to time, not very good but enjoy it. I have to buy a new disc since I lost my old one, but I'm pretty sure one of my friends took it and I wont be seing it again.

18. 9blackmax6

9blackmax6 Well-Known Member

Did someone say frolf???

I live in Plymouth but practically eat sleep and live In the bloomington/edina area so I'm down for some frisbee at highland

19. WRXEcho

WRXEcho Well-Known Member

There was a dead deer at that one in Burnsville years ago. Must have been hit by a car and wandered onto the path. We could hear buzzing about 30 feet away before it came into view... it looked like a black mass, but once we got close, all the flies were startled at once and flew up revealing a pinkish/reddish rotting mass of flesh. Ugh... and the stank! Whew. Never went back. :) Sweet dreams!

20. sickwagon04

kick ass let me know. ive played there when i go pick up cat food. its near there. pretty fun easy course.

21. sickwagon04

thats gross. but yeah they really cleaned that course up a ton. its alot easier to play this year. not soo many discs lost.

22. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

I have 6 discs in my car ready for the season....PM me anytime you guys go!!!

23. sickwagon04

I have about 20, so if anyone wants to play I have extras. One full set driver putter and mid and I think 2 other putters and a ton of drivers.

24. 6MTizzle

6MTizzle 2SLO

I'm off all week next week and will be back in town Monday night from fishing opener. If the weather is nice I'm definitely game if anyone else wants to go. I'm in the bv/av area but always up for trying new courses.

25. ortho004

ortho004 Well-Known Member

If I was going to be around this summer I would for sure try this out. I doubt there will be any courses for me over the summer... The campground I worked at in H.S. was right next to a course, so I accumulated like 4 discs while mowing lawn that summer.

26. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

I play at highland in st paul not HYLAND in bloomington. Either way i'm down to go whenever anyone wants to. Just shoot me a PM

Mike

27. jolson05

jolson05 Member

Count me in too. My discs are always in the trunk and am ready to play. It would be fun to play with other mnsubaru members.

I'm available anytime before 1pm M-F and anytime on the weekends.

28. 9blackmax6

9blackmax6 Well-Known Member

That's what I meant, I knew it was spelled that way but saw you spelled it differently so I punked out and conformed. Whoops.

We should get a game going for Saturday early afternoon or Sunday. Anyone down?

29. sickwagon04

Saturday I get off at 3!!! What course???

I'll be at almagnet tonight after I get off work maybe red oaks if the mags too busy. Probally till dark

30. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

like I said I am going to tomorrow afternoon at one of the Plymouth courses if anyone wants to go pm me.

31. sickwagon04

gonna be in the highland park area today @ 3 meet me @ highland park if ya wanna play!

32. aj99civic

aj99civic Member

i play as much as i can, in fargo there are about 3 decent parks all for different skill. i live next to the short 9 hole. a few are fun to through cause you are in an open area and have to throw under alot of trees they cut out to look like a medow....
    another coarse by the river and you play all 18 holes through the trees and hills. then the last one is mostly open field very long shots.

33. sickwagon04

....I'm here little windy...

34. yarpirate

yarpirate BANNED

I play a lot up in st. cloud, but apparently you're all too good for us northerners :(

35. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

went to basset creek today and played it twice, fun course..besides the lay out...I also went to Zachary park in Plymouth which sucked..playing in the woods with crappy markers and confusing layout was ftl.

36. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

Yeah i really dont like the plymouth one. Played it once and prob wont ever go back.

Mike

37. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

i have a softball tourny sat. so i wont be able to make it. Maybe sunday night if no one has anything going on around 7?

38. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

wow post whore. I actually have today off now so if anyone wants to go hit me up. I'm sure me and my roomate will be out somewhere today.

612 418 4755

39. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

went to alamagnet today had a lot of fun i like that course. spotted sickwagon04 nice meeting you!

40. sickwagon04

definitly like your wagon! i was a little jellous...

41. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

thanks yours is nice too!!!

42. sickwagon04

Anyone up for playing tonight? I'm off at 530! Or tomorrow morning/afternoon? I gotta get more practice in at red oaks.

43. Deathproof

Deathproof New Member

Nice to see so many people play disc golf, its just too bad that you guys play so far south lol. I have played Highland, kaposia, and a few of the other southern courses, but i usually stay up north. I play St. Cloud once and a while (the water tower hole is awesome) and becker as well (the ticks are terrable). Has anyone made it up to the East Bethel course? Its $5 to play for the day, but its a 27 hole course. They sell beer and i have heard rumors about having carts go around and sell beer (like regular golf) sometime in the future. It has wood chipped fairways and large cement pads, alot of pines and mature trees. Pretty hard to loose discs, unless you throw it into the water (they have giant rakes at the water to try and get your disc). Its a beautiful course, but make shure to wear a dryer sheet in you hat to ward off the horse flys :p . If anyone wants to play East Bethel on a weekend, just hit me up. I might have to come down south a few times and golf there as well :biggrin:

P.S. if you go to PDGA.com there is a list of the MN courses (141 listed), i have played a ton of them but there are a few that arnt listed. I have heard of a course in the Maple Grove/ Osseo area, and theres one going in in blaine off 109th this summer and its gonna be the longest 9 hole in MN (4400 ft, and one of the holes is gonna be just under 1,000 ft)

44. Deathproof

Deathproof New Member

Heres a few pics that my GF took at Blue Ribbon. The top two pics are from hole 4, the bottom is from hole 2 (these are the only pics we have of the place, but there are quite a few cool holes here) This place is open all year long, although i havent been bold enough to try to play in the winter

45. sickwagon04

OMG i have wet dreams of that place!!!! if anyones down to go I'M game!!! IM me, i check the forum regularly from my iphone....

and anyone up for league play!!! theres leagues at almagnet mondays, sign up @ 545 tee off @ 6 $5!!!!

red oaks leagues thursdays @ same time $5!!!!!

come play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!