Frozen Rotor Group Buy - Discount Codes Inside

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by WRX1, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I have been doing this for the past 5-6 years now and this year I have kinda been slacking. If we can get enough interested people, I can set up a GB with Frozen Rotors. Typically we would want 6-8 sets of rotors/pads to get a better discount. As of now, we get 10% off and with the GB we usually get it bumped to 15%+ depending on the items and the number of people.

What we have done in the past is give it a 3-4 week buy in period before we try to finalize the GB and get everything ordered. We can do it 2 different ways. We can place a large order and have everyone meet at Frozen Rotors (burnsville), or I can have Mark get us a code for the website and place orders that way.

So check out frozenrotors.com and look up your parts. Figure 10-15% off for sure and maybe more if we can get enough people involved.

If you need something that you can not find on the site, let me know and I can get it priced out. They can pretty much get any brake rotors needed.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Russ

2. pksublime

pksublime Well-Known Member

Maybe a dumb question, but is it okay to only do the front axle and leave the rears stock?

3. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Yep. Your fronts are doing most of the braking anyways, so they will naturally wear out faster.

Russ

4. pbedroske

pbedroske Well-Known Member

I could probably use some front HP+ pads, maybe some HPS's too.

5. ofspunk7

ofspunk7 Well-Known Member

Hey Russ I am down. Just let me know if it is going to happen and I will see how much money I get to spend (ie. how much I have saved by then)

6. thunderdan1313

thunderdan1313 New Member

i was just going to start looking for breaks let me know if this goes down. do they sell brake lines to?

7. pksublime

pksublime Well-Known Member

Thanks russ, put in me in the same bucket as ofspunk7

8. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Well, figure minimum of 10% off and probably closer to 15%+. I can get Mark to make us a code and you can buy them later today, or we can make the 1 larger purchase and pick everything up at one time. The cryo process is about 65 hours to complete, so if they don't have wht you need, they can get it in that week and cryo it over the weekend. Their normal cycle is load up the freezers on friday and let it cycle all weekend and then ship on monday.

So I would hit up their site (frozenrotors.com) and figure out what you need and you can get the prices right on the site. Then just apply a discount and you should be close to your total. Again, the more people we can get "in", the better the discount will be.

As of now, they do not do brake lines. Those are one of those products that you have to buy in bulk to get any kind of deal on (like 100's of sets). I know I can get lines cheaper online they they can buy sets at cost.

Russ

9. BroCo

BroCo Moderator Staff Member

I'd deffinatly be interested, I have an STI that needs rotors and rotors and an 05 Taho that also needs pads and rotors.

10. ofspunk7

ofspunk7 Well-Known Member

Hi, Russ I am sorry but I am going to be that dude. I looked at what I wanted to do and Brakes or Breaks :) are not #1 on that list. Please remove me from this buy. Next time I will think before i speak (I hope)

11. strangefamous

strangefamous Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOO! I just bought rotors and pads. I would have been all over this.

12. StanmoXT

StanmoXT Well-Known Member

Im down for some pads

13. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

I have to buy some hawk pads too, pretty quick. 15% would seal the deal for me.

14. Platinum Coan

Platinum Coan Well-Known Member

I'm in, I need a set of front rotors and pads (maybe rears too) for my SVX. Okay, maaaybe all of that for the WRX too depending on pricing...

15. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok, I talked to Mark and this is the current plan, but we can change it.

Currently, we will get 10$ off of a single axle and 15% off of 2 axles.

So if you get just front pads, or front pads/rotors, it will be 10% off. If you do fronts and rears (must include rotors), you will get 15% off. You can't get 15% off just for front and rear pads, there must be rotors purchased at the same time.

Now, if we get more people to commit to rotor/pad packages, we will be able to increase the discount. But we will need at least 6 rotor/pad packages to get a better deal.

We can also do a code system, or place a large order, again, up to you. The code system will allow everyone to go onto their website, place the order, enter the discount code and either pick up the items or have them shipped to you. OR, we can place one larger order and then go pick everything up at once. If we place the larger order, we will have to give about 2 weeks notice for the pickup date. The cryo process takes over 65 hours to complete, and they have to make sure they have everything on hand.

If you have any questions, let me know. I can answer most questions about what rotors to go with and the benefits of each. If there is something that you need that they do not have listed on their site, please let me know and Mark can get me the info/price on it.

Russ

16. blak04wrx

blak04wrx Well-Known Member

I'm in for front and rear rotors for 04 wrx!

17. seal

seal Member

I just got mine(DBA5000 2 piece rotors) from them 2 weeks ago,mark is great to deal with.

18. BroCo

I would think if they provide us with a code that would be the easiest, and then everyone is on their own. I'm doing it for sure!

19. blak04wrx

^^ I like that idea, but am down for whatever....

20. Platinum Coan

Platinum Coan Well-Known Member

So, what's the plan? Anyone else interested? I really need to do the brakes on the SVX! :)

21. pbedroske

pbedroske Well-Known Member

A discount code would work best for me. Then I wouldn't have to make the trip up from Rochester.

22. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Well, it looks like the discount code will work out better. When I get back in town monday night, I will post the code and we can get rolling on this.

Russ

23. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill New Member

Sweet, I should have the funds in the next week to do my brake swap, and I was going to pick up F/R Hawk HPS pads and a full set of rotors for it from them anyway. :yumyum:

24. mrantegra

mrantegra Well-Known Member

how big of the discount is it? I might need some front but probably do all 4.

25. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

??...see like six posts above yours..

26. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill New Member

Bump, who else needs brakes?

27. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Sorry for the delay, but here is the codes.

FR1400
    10% off of 1 axle set (2 rotors/pads)

FR1415
    15% off of 2 axle sets (4 rotors/pads)

If you have any questions, let me know. If something doesn't work right with the codes, please let me know. I think we will try and leave the codes rolling for about a month>

Russ

28. BroCo

Thanks for getting this set-up!!

29. blak04wrx

Thanks for setting this up. I will be ordering sometime in the next week or so.

30. BroCo

I went on to place my order, I am going to order the non-slotted Frozen rotors, and the highest quality Hawk pads that are available for a 05 STI. I figured just to be a good husband I'd tell my wife what I was spending. Just out of curiousity, what would be the life expectancy of this break set-up under normal driving conditions. I'd like to present it to her with a comparison between stock and aftermarket. Either way I'm going to order the stuff, It would just be nice to keep peace in the house at the same time. Maybe this has something to do with my sales background, but I need to sell it to her. I'd appreciate any first hand experience on this matter.

31. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

You should easily be able to double the rotor life and get even better than that on a DD. I had over 85k on a set of lgt rotors and hps pads. When it came time for a fluid flush and pad swap, I just got new rotors at the same time and sold off the old rotors. They easily had 80%+ of the rotor life left. I wanted to turn them for the new pads and had a 2 day wait to get it done. Since that didn't fit into my schedule, I just replaced the rotors. Is it expensive, sure it is. The main thing to remember, this is the biggest safety feature on your car. You are trusting your life to the fact that these parts will stop your car. Personally, this is the last place you want to go cheap. FR also uses ultra premium rotors, so they are not the cheap $20 checker rotors with a cryo treatment.

Russ

32. BroCo

Thanks, that is pretty much what I was looking for. It's a no brainer for me, I just wanted some real feedback to support my purchase.

33. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Anyone else?? If not, I might be shutting this down soon.

Russ

34. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle Well-Known Member

Can we get a discount just on cryo treating?

~Dan

35. eddieq

eddieq Member

frozen

Is it to late? I would like front rotors and pads 2005 sti

36. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Nope, I will post a message when I close the codes down. I still have 2-3 people that I am waiting on.

Russ

37. thunderdan1313

thunderdan1313 New Member

it comes down to if i get the job today or not

38. BroCo

I purchased my frozen rotors and Hawk HPS pads this afternoon, thanks for setting this up Russ.

39. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Final bump top the top. I will be shutting this down next week. If you have any questions, let me know.

Russ

40. issues

issues Well-Known Member

ordered mine today and picking them up Friday:)

41. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

we doing a group buy this year? i have a warped rotor and will be looking to get a set of 4 here in the next 2 months.

42. j_rex

j_rex Active Member

Count me in if this happens

43. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

Let me know if/when you run this again soon. I have a few people down here interested in getting the group rates. I am on my way over to Cobb to inquire as to what rotors they use on the stupidly-large brake kit that they installed on my Spec B. They're 2-piece slotted but I'm not sure if they have equivalent PowerSlots that DC might carry. If not I'll have to ship a set up there.

44. Mr.Tran

Mr.Tran Well-Known Member

I'd also be interested however, trying to wait a bit. I just bought a bunch of parts....

45. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I can set up another GB if people are interested. I know after the past couple of years there has been alot of hand raising, but only a couple of people picking anything up. If there is enough interest, I can have Mark set up another code for us.

Russ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.