FS: 1993 Impreza (highcomp + 4.44) $500 obo

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by StartRestart, Apr 8, 2018.

1. StartRestart

StartRestart Well-Known Member

1993 Subaru Impreza L
    266k miles and daily driven all winter long, never left me stranded and can blast past everyone in the snow with the general altimax arctics.
    • Power Windows, Power Locks, Automatic trans, manual Sunroof.
    • No Power Steering, No AC (heat works great), very rusty but trusty!
    • KYB GR-2 Struts on Eibach ProKit Springs (little stiff, but not jarring)
    • EBay strut tower bar
    • Massive Aluminum Radiator (mishimoto knockoff)
    • Braided brake lines
    • OEM Subaru Block Heater
    • Universal ATF Cooler
    • New Control Arms & Bushings, New Battery, New Starter, MLS headgasket with rebuild, New Bosche O2 sensor
    • New Rustoleum paint ~20k miles ago

The car's 2nd EJ18 gave out, so I decided to build it up a little bit as I was taking it to Denver. Needed a little more torque for the mile high city. Wanted a little more acceleration than the 4.11 as well, so threw in the 4.44.
    • EJ25 Shortblock (01 outback) sitting at ~120k miles
    • EJ18 Ported heads (94 impreza) sitting at ~170k miles
    • 4.44 Transmission (~99 outback) sitting at ~180k miles
    • 4.44 LSD (~02 WRX) sitting at ~140k miles
    • 2005 STi CatBack
    • K&N Panel filter

Super quick with the 4.44 ratio and high compression setup (somewhere around 11/12:1). Needs to run 93 octane to prevent detonation though. Could probably run 92 if you keep the revs low, but I never even tried. Replaced all the oil seals when the engine was rebuilt. Been running this HC and 4.44 setup for ~30k miles.

Weeps engine oil onto the ground- looks like oil pump. Several hoses are very tired looking and weep around the PCV as well.

Recent discoveries & reason for Sale:
    • Last oil change smelled like fuel - possibly rings / blowby. Doesn't smoke though, maybe just a few cold days had some blowby.
    • AWD only sometimes engages - guessing the clutch packs are worn out.
    • Passenger Rear drum slave recently began leaking brake fluid, I topped up the master cylinder ~month ago and the brake light came on again last week. So its going through few ounces of brake fluid every week of DDing.

Hoping to get more than scrap value for it if someone wants to part off the good bits- still runs and drives.
    $500 OBO As-Is, Won't Part Out (apartment life), Clean Title in Hand!

https://imgur.com/a/frdCS

I can get more pics of the rust here as well, but rocker panels are basically gone, normal spots, etc. Patched some of the holes with sheet metal and rivets.

2. StartRestart

Also VIN: JF1GC2448PH506563

3. StartRestart

Added a few more pics attached.

Attached Files: