FS: 1998 Impreza $800

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by AspitFire, Sep 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

For sale is my 1998 Impreza L. Here is the scoop. The car is far from perfect, and is a salvage title. You can see there is rust in the normal spots this chassis gets it. Both rear fenders and roof line where the windshield meets the roof (see pictures). Has a 2.5RS front bumper, dash, center console and front and rear seats. Car has been one of our winter cars for the last few years, and was driven for a few weeks earlier this summer, otherwise the car just sits. As the car sits it is plasti dipped with clear plasti dip top coat. The plasti dip was done last fall and isn't perfect, there are some tears, and some areas are peeling. The car paint under the dip is black.

Car is currently sitting on 06 wrx struts and springs, this raises the body as you can see. This was done on purpose as it was a winter only car. There is also a STi rear sway bar and endlinks installed, however I disconnected it for the winter use.

The car was in a low speed front accident a few years back, and due to the value of the car my insurance company salvaged it, and I bought it back. Car was repaired by a family friend who who does body repair on the side. The front bumper has a couple cracks and doesn't line up perfectly.

I believe the center differential is going out, there is a noticeable whine/noise when driving and turning. It was driven like this all of last winter, and we had no issues with it, however just want to give full disclosure on it. The transmission shifts fine, however 4th gear has been popping out of gear when the accelerator is let off.

For some reason the ignition will not crank the starter, I was not able to figure this out, so a push button starter was installed. Its simple, and works great.

The tires that are on it are toast, these will get you home, but not much more, they will need a new set.

Again, far from perfect, and Im sure I am missing things, but if you want to come check it out and drive it around the block feel free to message me.

Motor is solid, has some oil drips every now and then, and some piston slap. Never hesitated to take this car out and it has served us well, we just don't have the room for 5 cars.

Feel free to ask any questions, I will be 100% honest about the car. My original plan was to turn this into a ice race/rally-x car, but another project found its way into my life. If anyone is looking into ice racing or rally x this would be a cheap car on a great platform to get you started.

Price:$800
    Miles:202,655

DSC_0296.JPG DSC_0297.JPG DSC_0298.JPG DSC_0299.JPG DSC_0300.JPG DSC_0302.JPG DSC_0303.JPG DSC_0304.JPG

2. subarugirl23

subarugirl23 Member

joshua!! NOOOO! lol let me know if you decide to part it out, there is definitely some parts off of it i would take!

3. choukhang

choukhang Well-Known Member

Dib on the front bumper if you decided to part the car.

4. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

This would make a perfect rallyx/ice racer. glws!

AspitFire likes this.
  5. chickeneatman

chickeneatman New Member

I am slightly interested, but I don't know for sure yet. I really want to rally cross and I would rather not do it with my WRX.

AspitFire likes this.
  6. AspitFire

Not sure if I will part it out. Its a great little car, If I had room for it I would keep it. If it doesnt sell, I will likely end up keeping it and eventually turn it into my rally x/ice racing car.

7. subarugirl23

subarugirl23 Member

i do want a winter beater when my lease on the GMC is up, but that not until feb. If you dont sell it, i will probably make you an offer on it then. :)

AspitFire likes this.
  8. AspitFire

Sounds good, I will keep this thread open until it sells, or I decide to keep it again :)

subarugirl23 and tangledupinblu like this.
  9. AspitFire

I also forgot to mention, Timing belt and all pulleys replaced about 20k miles ago. The job was done by Matt (Bikerboy).

10. AlphaD

AlphaD Active Member

I think i may want to come look at this vehicle. Pm with some contact info sir.

11. AspitFire

pm sent

12. dmoo

dmoo Well-Known Member

is this still for sale?

need to get my ice racer running for the winter....

13. AspitFire

yep, still for sale. I will shoot you a PM with my number if you want to come take a look at it and drive it.

14. AspitFire

Getting close to winter bump!

15. SlowSC

SlowSC Well-Known Member

PM sent

16. AspitFire

pm replied

17. j0hnj0hn

j0hnj0hn Active Member

still for sale PM please

18. AspitFire

yes still for sale, I have about 6 parties im messaging currently and have 3 scheduled people coming to look at it between Friday and Saturday.

19. EricS

EricS Nooberator

Don't worry, they'll all fall through.

AspitFire, Ntxhuav_Khang and Deathly like this.
  20. Deathly

Deathly Well-Known Member

Dont we all
    *All around me are familiar faces*

21. AspitFire

Sold!

Mattnes17, tangledupinblu and EricS like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.