FS: 2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe 5MT

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by mctenold, Aug 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mctenold

mctenold Well-Known Member

I'm regretfully selling my beloved GC.

I have owned this car for about 3 years. I bought it with about 160k, it now has about 167k. Sorry the below ended up being long, but I personally like buying a car with as much info on it as possible.

Mods/Maintenance I have personally done:
    • Ebay UEL Headers
    • Stromung Hi Flow Cat
    • Stromung Mid Pipe
    • Stromung Single Tip Muffler
    • NGK Coil Pack
    • NGK Wires
    • NGK Plugs
    • Valve Cover Gaskets/Plug Gaskets Replaced (did it while doing the wires/plugs/coil pack)
    • Paranoid Fabrications Grounding Kit
    • New OEM Bosch Upstream and Downstream O2 Sensors (chasing CEL P0420 - still happens occasionally)
    • Replaced charcoal canister and evap purge valve behind rear passenger wheel (this fixed a couple issues I was having where I couldn't fill with gas without the pump stopping repeatedly, and a rough start after fill up. These issues no longer happen.)
    • New knock sensor
    • New pcv valve
    • New fuel filter and fuel lines that connect to the filter
    • Rebuilt and professionally powder coated JDM 4/2 pot calipers, Ebay rear bracket adapters and new pads added at this time. Also, Stoptech SS brake lines added when I did the JDM caliper swap.
    • Didn't have AC compressor when I bought it - found a used one and added AC, replaced the drive belts at this time. AC works great.
    • Rear Sway bar replaced with one from a GD WRX, used Whiteline rear endlinks added at this time
    • Front JDM STi Strut Bar
    • Upgraded suspension - currently on the car: KYB AGX with Ground Control Coilovers with STi Group N strut mounts. This suspension raises the car over stock height by I think 1". Idea was for these to be my offroad/rallyx suspension. Also included: Feal 441 Coilovers with Swift Springs - these were more for the track/autox setup.
    • Rear JDM Tail Lights
    • RallyArmour Urethane Mud Flaps
    • New Ebrake pads
    • Fixed cruise control - so CC works (was a disconnected vacuum hose)
    • Air filter
    • Brand new this summer Optima Red Top Battery
    Pros:
    • Mods/Maintenance listed above.
    • Runs strong. I have driven this car across country multiple times, on 1200+ mile trips, without any issues whatsoever.
    • Comes with two sets of suspension (listed above)
    • Comes with two sets of tires - Currently on the car are Bridgestone Blizzak WS80's with plenty of tread. Also included are Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's with like maybe 250 miles on them.
    • Sunroof works
    • Comes with new Powerstop front and rear drilled rotors (uninstalled)
    • Comes with new front driver and passenger side half axles (uninstalled)
    • Clean title
    • OEM Subaru All Weather Floormats included
    • Comes with a K&N washable air filter. I just took it out and bought a cheap one.
    Cons:
    • Rust. You can see the severity in the photos/video. Mainly on the rear quarters and rocker panels. The rocker panel rust is less severe. My goal was to eventually buy SubieSavers panels and take it to a body shop.
    • Paint. The front bumper it seems has been repainted because the paint is flaking and peeling off. Rock chips here and there. Random imperfections. My goal was to repaint eventually after I got the rust fixed.
    • Interior. Isn't the best/cleanest. Some stains/dirty carpet/ripped carpet (by dead pedal). Scuffs on plastic bits. Rear window speakers are missing their covers. I have never taken a carpet cleaner to it, so I bet it could get cleaned up pretty nice.
    • The driver's side control to roll the passenger side window down doesn't currently work. It has worked on and off in the past. The passenger side control works to roll the window down though, so if a passenger is in the seat they have no problem, or if it's just you driving you can reach across and use the passenger side control.
    • Backfires. Happen typically when letting off the gas at higher RPMs (downshifting). I have been chasing CEL P0420, it comes on intermittently. I think the backfire is could be related to this code. It also has an unresonated Stromung mid pipe - which could be causing it, because it didn't backfire (or maybe I didn't hear it) when the stock exhaust was on. The actual backfire hasn't bothered me too much.
    • The suspension has recently started making some noises. Not sure if the KYB AGX/GC setup has been compromised, or maybe a wheel bearing is going out. Either way, I have driven it like this for a while with no issue, just the occasional rattle on bigger bumps.
    • Front half axle boot ripped. As you can see above it comes with new front half axles - just haven't had the time to install them.
    • As it sits, ebrake doesn't function. When I did the JDM calipers, I also did the parking brake pads because I figured why not if I was doing all of this brake work. But the new rotors that are included came late, and I didn't tighen the ebrake cable back up after putting in the new parking brake pads because I knew I was just going to be taking the rotors off again once the new ones came. So my plan was to fix the ebrake when I put these new rotors on. I have just been leaving it in gear when I park.
    • Interior lights behind the HVAC controls have gone out, so driving at night, those don't light up. Hasn't bothered me enough to tear it apart.
    • Two front top air vents are kind of broken. The vertical slats aren't hooked up to the slider so they can get offset. Hasn't bothered me enough to fix.

There may be more things that I can't think of, just taking a massive brain dump.

Like I said, I really regret selling this car. I love this car. It took me a while to find one when I was originally looking. The 5 speed coupe is rare, and they are typically in worse condition than this. If I had a house with a garage I would keep it.

Yakima roof rack and cargo box not included

Cash only local sale. Car is located in Cottage Grove, MN. Transaction will take place at a DMV in Cottage Grove. First one to me with the cash gets it. No holding/deposits. PM me for any more info. I'm listing here first, but will also be listing in other places tomorrow.

Price: $4000 obo - I'm always willing to negotiate.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2019
  2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Fixed that for you sir, GLWS

mctenold likes this.
  3. mctenold

Bump. $3500

4. mctenold

Sold, please lock!

tangledupinblu likes this.