FS: 2004 Honda Accord 2.4 St.Paul,MN

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by Conrad, Mar 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conrad

Conrad Member

2004 Honda Accord. 165,2xx Miles K2.4L Vtech 4cyl, FWD, 5-speed Automatic w/overdrive. Everything works. Great gas millage, 23mpg city/31 hwy, Maintenance records. Great in the snow! Two sets of tires.

Nothing wrong the the car, everything works. It gets great MPG's, and is very reliable. Front wheel drive with snow tires does great in Minnesota winters. has a second set of all-season tires included. Large comfortable back seat and large trunk, and super clean interior. Great reliable Honda 2.4l k series Vtech engine with tons of life left in it. Has Timing chain; not belt. I have receipts for work done and history of oil changes every 3k miles.

The Good:
    ~Clean Title in hand; lien free.
    ~Currently at 165,000 Miles. As of today I just changed the oil, replaced the headlight bulbs, and top off the power steering fluid.
    ~Clean and ready for a new owner.
    History;
    I have reciptes for work done.
    ~@129,000 miles
    New Starter and Intake manifold gasket-
    ~@145k
    New Premium Brake pads and New High Carbon Honda Rotors. Brakes work and feel great. Car stops on a dime.
    ~@147k miles
    2x New Front Ball Joints, Lf Axel shaft, Lf wheel bearing, and Lf Abs sensor.
    Receipts for oil changes every 3k miles.
    ~Set of winter snow tires, and second set of all-season Michelin tires.
    ~Paint is in great shape, only a few small spots of rust starting. mostly rust free.
    ~Tabs good through Nov 2017

The not so good;

~Rear bumper and trunk lid was dented when backed into a trailer. Cosmetic damage only. Lights and trunk work just fine. Small dent on pass front fender.
    ~Burns/or leaks small amount of oil, common problem with Honda 2.4L engine. Just check it and top it off every few fill ups.
    ~CEL is on, o2 sensor maybe?
    ~ A few small rust spots staring on the inner rear fender wells. Nothing that couldn't be fixed.
    ~Recall 14v-351 was initiated on June 19, 2014 for many Honda's involved in the Takata airbag recall. Free replacement from Honda; just need to take it into the dealership.

I have no time to fix the issues so I am offering it a price of $4500 cash. I am looking to buy a 2006+ STI if anyone is interested in a trade +$ type deal. Txt #952-217-737zero

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

Super curious how you came up with that price in obviously rough condition. $500.

MinnesotaFTW, illegal2.2, TMF and 2 others like this.
  3. Conrad

Conrad Member

Im open to fair offers. Car works great. I drive it everyday. Has never left me stranded. $4500 is a fair price considering the work done and current blue book value.

4. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

By "work done" are you referring to "routine maintenance"? By "book value" are you referring to the $3k "fair" kbb condition (which your car doesn't meet) or something else?

Making sure you have accurately defined terms here.

5. Conrad

Conrad Member

That's just like your opinion man. :p Asking price is fair. Any Cash offers in person will be considered.

6. MinnesotaFTW

MinnesotaFTW Active Member

I'll give you $2k.

7. Conrad

Conrad Member

Car will be available for test drives this weekend. Come check it out and you will see it's worth more than 2k.

8. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

This is craigslist material, not something you try and sell on a car enthusiast forum...especially a forum for another make. Just sayin'.

9. Conrad

Conrad Member

Yeah, it's on Craigslist... The Classifeds rules page say items don't need to be Subaru related.

10. Conrad

Conrad Member

I was looking to buy/trade towards a Subaru; that's the only reason I posted it here...
    Looking for 2007 STi or a 2011 Rex for under $16k

11. MinnesotaFTW

MinnesotaFTW Active Member

I wish you good luck finding either of those for that price.

12. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

This car has almost 170k miles, has a couple grand in damage, poorly painted headlights, burns oil, has an unknown CEL, has a potential airbag of death, and is starting to rust. Sorry, brother, but this is not worth anywhere close what you're asking.

clajiness, phi11 and pillboy like this.
  13. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

A WRX would fetch that price with those ailments.

MinnesotaFTW and sneefy like this.
  14. Conrad

Conrad Member

Ok, yes. I will only add that the airbag is a Free recall; I just haven't had time to take it in to the dealership...
    In light of everyone's opinion on the price I will drop my asking price to $3000 obo.

15. pleiades

pleiades Well-Known Member

So if we've got a KBB value of $3k, about $2k or more in body work needed which definitely looks to be more than just "cosmetic damage." It at least needs a new trunk, bumper cover, and both right tail lights. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there's also damage to the absorber, impact bar, and rear body panel. The rust is normal for Hondas in this area, so that's to be expected. Same with burning oil (and I'm guessing some valve noise), pretty typical for Hondas. Add to that the unknown CEL issue and I think a fair price would be around $1,500-$2,000.

16. Conrad

Conrad Member

The trunk opens, closes and locks just fine... If you, or anyone else is actually interested in the car please message me and we can set up a time to test drive it. Bring cash, and we can work out a deal. Not going to agree to a price other than the asking price online. Cash offers in person will be considered. Clean title in hand.

17. Ryan FailRad

Ryan FailRad Well-Known Member

Conrad your first or last name?

18. Conrad

Conrad Member

New price. $3000 cash Obo/

19. Conrad

Conrad Member

SOLD

tangledupinblu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.