FS: 2005 OBXT Limited

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by Scoobyvroom, Jul 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoobyvroom

Scoobyvroom Well-Known Member

For Sale: 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5XT Limited.
    The quick:

Asking 6000$ OBO
    Automatic
    Leather Interior
    Aftermarket headunit

This is a one owner car purchased in August of 04 from Bloomington Subaru. It is currently sitting at 180K. I had a coolant leak that led to a blown head gasket at 130K. At that time the short block was replaced due to scored walls. At the same time, I replaced a lot of parts that are considered questionable. A Killer B oil pick up was installed, factory ones had issues with cracking. Also installed ARP head studs. Replaced the solenoids that control the oil going into the cams. The turbo was upgraded to a BNR VF40/16G Turbo. Downpipe was replaced, and the Pre-Cat was removed. Tune was done by Nuke. It is a super conservative tune. The shocks where replaced around the same time. The rears where replaced with ones from a 04 Outback. This gets rid of the Outback squat. Whiteline sway bar was installed with brackets to strengthen the sway bar mount. Also installed boost and oil pressure gauge in center cubby. New battery about 2 months ago. Fluids for all diffs/transmission have been replaced every 50-60K. Oil changed every 3000 miles, always ran synthetic except for the first 2000 miles after the new short block. After 3K miles it requires no oil to keep it topped off. Car runs excellent. READ: Rebuild engine was done over 40K ago. This is not a fresh rebuild, it’s proven and strong.

The Good: Car was garaged kept 98% of it’s life. Coat of wax every 6 months or so. Paint is in pretty good condition. All leather inside the car is in great condition, some slight wrinkles but no tears or holes. Includes a ATOTO head unit running an android OS, includes aftermarket backup camera. Tint is in good condition 22% in rear 30% in front. Also includes set of winter tires mounted on rims. A/C was recharged last year and is nice and cold.

The Bad: Small surface rust between plastic and body inside rear pass door. Couple small marks from rocks. Friends dog jumped and scratched the paint below drivers side window. Has a couple small door dings on the plastic trim piece. Pass rear corner was rubbed up against by someone also. (Couple small paint transfers. Can’t get them off) Clear bra on front is old and needs to be replaced. There is a small hole in the carpet under the drivers heel. New Weathertech floor mats cover this. Rear seats have some impressions from car seats but no holes.

Car has been pretty good to me, never stranded me in the 15 years of owning this. Car is super quiet on the inside no rattles or squeaks. Car is ready for another 100K+ of miles. Only reason I’m selling it is because I got a new car, wife was going to use this to run errands, but it has just been sitting the last couple months. Time for a new home.

Price reflects extra set of rims and tires, and excellent overall mechanical condition of car.
    [​IMG]

2. Scoobyvroom

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="7Zfqwzo"><a href="//imgur.com/7Zfqwzo"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Scoobyvroom

Since Photobuket went to crap I haven't done much photo hosting linking or anything.

Don't bother calling we are sorry already....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Very tasteful, GLWS!

5. Scoobyvroom

Sold the Subaru. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.