FS: 2006 2.5i - Buyer's Choice

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by CornyTumbleweed, Jan 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CornyTumbleweed

CornyTumbleweed Well-Known Member

Well over the last year I've made some car purchases with intent to rallycross, turns out there were no events. Then I was looking into stage rally. Long story short I bought two maunal subarus both 06 2.5is. One being tony's old subaru. Another being one that I thought needed an axle but turns out that was just what I could see right away. I dumped way more money into the second one but whichever one sells I'll keep the other one.

That being said I have a 2006 2.5i that was maintained extremely well. You can see the previous post here.

https://mnsubaru.com/threads/for-sale-2006-impreza-2-5i.55025/#post-904635

06 2.5i no wing - 279,398mi - $3,500 obo

Since purchasing it in May at 277k I have done the following:

Timing Belt w/ pulleys and Water Pump, New thermostat

Axle, axle seal, driver front knuckle with ball joint

Trans and diff fluid

Plugs, Wires and Air Filter

A/C Belt

Alignment

New Battery

New Starter

It is on stock wheels with newer all seasons that came on my other impreza.

I swapped over an oem exhaust, it has an exhaust leak near the resonator hanger.

I put a different oem cat on this one as the previous one was leaking and I couldn't get a buddy to weld it.

I have an extra transmission I'll send with it since it was sent with this car before, I have had 0 transmission issues even in the cold the last few days. I still drive it once or twice a week to keep everything going.

IMG_0124.jpeg IMG_0125.jpeg IMG_0126.jpeg IMG_0127.jpeg

06 w/ wing - 133,134mi - $7,000

Honestly I don't think I'd come close to what I've got into this one so it will probably be the one I keep, but you never know. I tore it all down to the short block and redid every gasket.

Full Subaru Gasket Kit

STI head gaskets - Didn't use the single layer one that came in the oem kit.

Gas Cap, thermostat, plugs and wires, radiator hoses

Heads machined and checked over

Header, and catback exhaust

Axle

Plugs and Wires

Air Filter

Timing belt and pulleys

Water Pump

Acc belts, A/C pulley rebuild

Timing Cover Bolts

Timing Cover Gaskets

New Battery

Alignment

I still have to install front sway bar links, the brake fluid flushed and power steering flushed. I plan on getting to those this weekend.

Tires have been swapped around from the previous post and these photos. I got a hole in one and put new snows on a black set of wheels that I plan on keeping.

1E255A96-04D9-4D04-9023-E4F14C2763A8.jpeg 8A285666-EA0A-41B8-9737-100A86EA313B.jpeg 193D58BB-F29D-4D05-9653-AFAED1E70435.jpeg D9686E6C-1907-4711-8868-A6CC21363F84.jpeg

Shoot me an offer on either if interested or any other questions. Call/Text

Zach
    763-four86-2four97

Attached Files:

2. MidnightImpreza

MidnightImpreza Well-Known Member

The 06 without the wing is a great car! And sounds like plenty was upgraded. Wish I had room for it cause I'd buy it back.

CornyTumbleweed likes this.
  3. CornyTumbleweed

It is a good car and honestly they drive the same. The suspension is better probably on the wingless one too because I think it was replaced not too long ago if I’m not mistaken. I’m more than happy driving either one. I could be way off of prices so shoot me an offer. If it made sense to own and drive two of the same car I would.

4. CornyTumbleweed

Well we can lock this one up. Wingless ole blue is off to the ice races!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.