FS - 2006 Subaru Outback Sedan-3.0R L.L. Bean Edition

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by ozzwald222, Dec 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozzwald222

ozzwald222 New Member

For Sale: 2006 Subaru Outback 3.0R L.L. Bean 4 DOOR SEDAN
    Asking Price: $5,000
    Mileage: 146,700

I am selling this vehicle because I will be leaving the country indefinitely in January and no longer need it. This is a sharp-looking, great winter vehicle will a handful of bells & whistles you won't find in a standard model. The original owner installed an autostart from DAD's electronics that has a lifetime warranty and was recently replaced this past year.

Features Black with taupe Leather seats, * AWD, * LEATHER, * HEATED SEATS, * ALLOY WHEELS, 3.0L H6 DOHC SMPI, 5-Speed Automatic with Overdrive, AWD, Black, Taupe Leather, 17" Alloy Wheels, 2-Tone Perforated Leather-Trimmed Seat Upholstery, 4-Wheel Disc Brakes, 6 Speakers, ABS brakes, Air Conditioning, AM/FM radio, Auto-dimming Rear-View mirror, and Automatic temperature control.

19/26 City/Highway MPG

No major accidents, only a recent sideswipe while parked on a city street. The entire driver's side of the vehicle was buffed out and repaired, including a new driver's side mirror. The driveshaft was recently rebuilt and the passenger side rear wheel baring was replaced. The ABS sensors were replaced last winter.

Minor rusting on dent on the trunk and a minor dent on the driver's side front bumper that was mostly buffed out with the rest of the driver's side of the vehicle (this happened separate from the sideswipe). There is a very minor oil leak from one of the gasket covers, but multiple mechanics have reassured me that it does not need to be fixed in its current state.

Water pump needs replacing in the near future as it has a minor leak. Driver's side front left bearing will likely need replacing in the next 6 months. Sway bar joints are a bit loose and cause a minor rattle in the front of the vehicle, but not an urgent fix if you can live with it.

Subaru Outback.jpg
    IMG_20191122_154118.jpg
    IMG_20191122_154135.jpg
    IMG_20191122_154206.jpg
    IMG_20191122_154216.jpg
    IMG_20191122_154226.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2020
    tangledupinblu likes this.
  2. ozzwald222

ozzwald222 New Member

Admins, please update the price to $6,500 and remove the "$" in front of mileage. Also, please update the mileage to 146,700.

3. ozzwald222

ozzwald222 New Member

Admins, could you also please remove the price from the title? Thank you!

4. ozzwald222

ozzwald222 New Member

Admins, please update the asking price to $6,000. Thanks!

5. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

A close-up photo of the rust on the trunk and a before pic of the side swipe damage would be of interest to any potential buyer (at least it would be to me). Having the interior detailed, especially the carpet cleaned, would go a long way in helping with the sale. Just a couple suggestions.

6. ozzwald222

ozzwald222 New Member

Thank you for the suggestions @pillboy!

I've attached before photos from the sideswipe and will be taking closer photos of any blemishes (including the trunk) in the next day or so.

For anyone interested, I'd like to hold off on getting the car detailed as I'm still driving it and it won't stay clean long in the mess that is Duluth this time of year. I will absolutely get the car fully detailed before selling.
    MVIMG_20190929_120906.jpg IMG_20190929_120859.jpg MVIMG_20190929_120853.jpg

Attached Files:

pillboy likes this.
  7. codya

codya Well-Known Member

It says it's got navigation pictures tell otherwise?

8. ozzwald222

ozzwald222 New Member

Hey @codya, thanks for catching that- it does not have navigation. Forgot to take that out of the description.

9. ozzwald222

ozzwald222 New Member

Hi Admin, could you please remove "* NAVIGATION" from the car features paragraph?

Thanks!

10. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

The only disadvantage of “copy pasting”.:) Removed for you.

11. ozzwald222

ozzwald222 New Member

Admins, could you please update the following:

1. Asking Price: $5,000

2. Update the body text of my post underneath "Location: Duluth, MN" to the following text as I have a handful of updates:

I am selling this vehicle because I will be leaving the country indefinitely in January and no longer need it. This is a sharp-looking, great winter vehicle will a handful of bells & whistles you won't find in a standard model. The original owner installed an autostart from DAD's electronics that has a lifetime warranty and was recently replaced this past year.

Features Black with taupe Leather seats, * AWD, * LEATHER, * HEATED SEATS, * ALLOY WHEELS, 3.0L H6 DOHC SMPI, 5-Speed Automatic with Overdrive, AWD, Black, Taupe Leather, 17" Alloy Wheels, 2-Tone Perforated Leather-Trimmed Seat Upholstery, 4-Wheel Disc Brakes, 6 Speakers, ABS brakes, Air Conditioning, AM/FM radio, Auto-dimming Rear-View mirror, and Automatic temperature control.

19/26 City/Highway MPG

No major accidents, only a recent sideswipe while parked on a city street. The entire driver's side of the vehicle was buffed out and repaired, including a new driver's side mirror. The driveshaft was recently rebuilt and the passenger side rear wheel baring was replaced. The ABS sensors were replaced last winter.

Minor rusting on dent on the trunk and a minor dent on the driver's side front bumper that was mostly buffed out with the rest of the driver's side of the vehicle (this happened separate from the sideswipe). There is a very minor oil leak from one of the gasket covers, but multiple mechanics have reassured me that it does not need to be fixed in its current state.

Water pump needs replacing in the near future as it has a minor leak. Driver's side front left bearing will likely need replacing in the next 6 months. Sway bar joints are a bit loose and cause a minor rattle in the front of the vehicle, but not an urgent fix if you can live with it.

Thank you!

silver03 likes this.
  12. Ctracey218

Ctracey218 Playpen Wrangler Staff Member

Updated the post @ozzwald222

Good luck with the sale.
    I used to see one of these by my house on Anderson Rd all the time and it always catches my eye.
    A unique model/trim for sure!

13. ozzwald222

ozzwald222 New Member

Thanks, @Ctracey218 ! It's a great car and my second Subaru. It won't be easy saying goodbye.

14. ozzwald222

ozzwald222 New Member

Admins, please update the following:

Asking Price: $4,500
    Mileage: 148,000

Also, below are the close-up photos of the rusting on the trunk:
    IMG_20200107_141654.jpg
    IMG_20200107_141700.jpg

15. ozzwald222

ozzwald222 New Member

Accident Update: I was rear-ended over the weekend while at an intersection. I'm working on the insurance claim and will have this repaired prior to sale, but here's the before photos for now: IMG_2409.jpg
    IMG_20200112_170654.jpg
    MVIMG_20200112_170709.jpg

Attached Files:

16. tangledupinblu

That sucks! Like you don’t have enough on your plate already. Praying that the transaction with your insurance moves swiftly and seamlessly so that you can get this thing sorted out in a timely fashion!:thumbup:

17. ozzwald222

ozzwald222 New Member

Thanks @tangledupinblu ! I'd never been in an accident my entire life until the sideswipe and now this, so I'll take it as a sign that the universe is testing my resolve. I'll take it as a gift of sorts :)

18. tangledupinblu

See if you can get that trunk repair thrown in on the bill.;)

19. ozzwald222

ozzwald222 New Member

That's the plan!

20. ozzwald222

ozzwald222 New Member

Admins, please delete/archive this thread as this vehicle is no longer for sale. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.