FS: 2007 WRX Limited w/ STI Swap

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by Nhibbs, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It pains me to write this but up for sale is my beloved 2007 WRX Limited. I am asking $17,500 OBO. I never planned on selling it and I know I will regret it but such is life. Sorry for the novel but here is everything in painful detail.

The car is the Limited trim and cold weather package so it has a black leather interior, heated seats, heated windshield wipers, fog lights, and power-tilt/sliding-glass moonroof. It has 82,150 miles on the clock right now but the drivetrain has a lot fewer miles on it. The engine was just freshened up and lightly built in February 2016 (more details below). It was broken in at NF but otherwise I have only driven it once since that was finished. It runs great and I forgot how fast it is!

It was a Georgia car for most of its life and I only drove it for 2 Minnesota winters so not much exposure to salt.

The 6 speed transmission and rear differential (R180) came from a 2007 STI with 50k miles on it when it was swapped in and I have since put about 5k miles on it. The 2007 STI transmission is one of the most desirable years as it was the first year with the longer 2nd-4th gear ratios (like the Legacy GT Spec B) and it is the last year with an internal oil pump so you can add an external transmission oil cooler if you want.

The car is obviously modified but none of the typical ricer stuff. Everything is intended to make the car stronger than stock and eliminate a lot of the weaknesses from the factory.

Here is an overview of the mods. All engine work was done 2/2016 at NF performance; they also installed the turbo and supporting mods (at mileage 74,800) and the STI 6 speed swap (at mileage 77,000). They are great guys and a very well respected Subaru shop.

Engine:

-Manley Platinum Series forged pistons - 99.50 mm strong 2816 alloy, preemptively replaced the weak stock pistons

-Premium Chrome Moly wrist pins

-Total Seal piston rings - The top ring is an AP steel configuration, the second is a Napier profile to assist in oil control

-ARP head studs

-New head gaskets

-Gates Racing timing belt kit with new water pump

-New engine gaskets

-Killer B Motorsport Ultimate Oil Pickup -- preemptively replaced the weak factory oil pickup that is known to fail which will destroy your engine

-Group N motor mounts -- stiffer than stock for less engine movement with the added power

Intake/Exhaust/Fuel:

-Turbo - Kinugawa TD06-SL2 20G with billet wheel upgrade - only 7k miles since installed with all supporting mods

-TurboXS big TMIC

-Injector Dynamics 1000cc/min fuel injectors -- plenty of flow for E85

-Walbro 255lph fuel pump

-Cobb full turbo-back exhaust -- high flow cat, sounds great and deep, not too loud and doesn't drone

-Grimmspeed 3-port EBCS

-Omni Power 4 Bar MAP sensor -- Can read up to 43psi of boost vs ~21psi stock map sensor

Drivetrain/Transmission:

-2007 STI 6MT -- Shifts perfectly, no grinds. Transmission fluid has only 8k miles on it and is the tried and true Subaru "Extra S" gear oil.

-2007 STI R180 rear differential - Torsen LSD so no clutches to wear out like the older versions and just takes standard Subaru transmission fluid, no friction modifiers

-DSS 800hp rear hybrid axles -- for connecting R180 to the WRX hubs so I could keep the red 4/2 pot brakes and my wheels

-Clutch Masters FX400 6-puck clutch w/ sprung hub -- Pressure plate feels just like stock but holds tons of torque. Not super stiff like most HD pressure plates, might take a little to get used to but easily daily drivable. Only has 5k miles on it and lots of life left.

-2007 STI OEM flywheel

-2007 STI clutch slave cylinder

-Turn In Concepts Holy Shift Kit - Kartboy 6MT front shifter stay bushing, Kartboy rear shifter stay bushing TiC 06+ STi linkage bushings TiC 6MT pivot bushings. Gives a much tighter and more positive shift feel.

-Group N STI transmission mount -- stiffer than stock and allows easier more positive shifts.

Suspension/Wheels:

-Whiteline adjustable front and rear sway bars -- 24mm front/22mm rear

-Kartboy front and rear swaybar endlinks -- replaces the stock ones which are weak and tend to clunk

-1) Stock 2007 WRX 17" wheels with 215/45R17 General Altimax Arctic tires -- Awesome tires in the snow and ice. Very little wear tons of life left, wheels have a bit of curb rash.

-2) Enkei EKM3 17x7" wheels satin silver with 215/45ZR17 Pirelli P Zero Nero tires -- Like new tires and no curb rash on the wheels. ($800 extra)

Interior/Electronics:

-Brand new Interstate battery (2/2016)

-Subaru rubber floor mats

-Anarchy Motive Shift Knob - 671 grams (1.48 lbs) for smoother shifts

-Cobb Accessport V2 -- with 93 octane tune @ ~19 psi and E85 tune @ ~22 psi -- Tuned by Nuke from NF (In case you want to turn up the boost :D )

-Hella supertone horns

-Stock Aux input in the 6 CD changer Head unit

Exterior:

-Rally Innovations front light bar

-2x PIAA 520 Ion Crystal Fog Lights -- 6" diameter yellow fog

-Grimmspeed License plate relocation kit

-Rally Armor UR mud flaps

Caveats:

-Dent (seen in pictures) on rear left quarter panel with a little bit of surface rust

-It's a 9 year old car so there are minor dings and scratches and paint isn't perfect (like all subarus)

-Brake pads/rotors should probably be done sooner than later

-Missing trunk carpet/board that covers the spare tire (tire, jack, tools still there)

-Only 1 key w/ remote and 1 valet key.

I am listing it for $17,500 OBO with just the stock wheels/snow tires, I would like an extra $800 for the Enkei wheels/Pirelli tires.

The car is currently in MN at my parents' house but I live in Atlanta now. I regularly travel back up to MN for work so if you are interested and want to check out the car just contact me and we work out when I will be up next to meet up. Please serious buyers only, I am not in a big rush to sell but I don't have time to waste with tire kickers because of the travel involved.

I know there aren't many pictures of the interior but I can put up more pics later if necessary. Next time I am in town I will have to snap some.

-Contact me by text or call: 612-816-1837

-Email: [email protected]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Full album here: http://imgur.com/a/7gPPL

Mikhail likes this.
  2. tehfuzz

tehfuzz Well-Known Member

I think some interior pics would be good to know for potential buyer IMO.

GLWS noobler.

Ryan FailRad likes this.
  3. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't have any at the moment. Will have to next time I'm up in MN

Ryan FailRad likes this.
  4. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Bump, the car is OBO as well so just hit me up and we can talk

Deathly likes this.
  5. tehfuzz

tehfuzz Well-Known Member

Was this dyno'ed?

6. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Never been on a dyno. I will try to find my virtual dyno plot though which is relatively accurate. The turbo has more power in it, this is a safe reliable tune.

7. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Free bump for a knowledgeable guy and great build. glws!

Nhibbs likes this.
  8. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Thanks! I am starting to consider just keeping it. CL is just brings out the worst people. Ill put it on autotrader for a little while but if I don't get any serious offers I'll just drive it down to Atlanta.
    Most days I would rather drive the subie than the 335i honestly lol. The BMW is too quiet and smooth and not exciting.

TMF likes this.
  9. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Sounds just like you Cherry Nhibbs! And i am pretty sure that you should just keep it...but GLWS any ways!

Deathly, tehfuzz and Nhibbs like this.
  10. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Decided to list this on Ebay so here is the full Autocheck report. Score of 93 Proof that it spend most of its time in Georgia away from the salt and snow. I am only the second owner, low miles, freshly built engine.
    Make me an offer I can't refuse! :D

autocheck 1.png autocheck 2.png autocheck 3.png autocheck 4.png autocheck 5.png

11. ScoobySnack

ScoobySnack Well-Known Member

OMG I want this bad! Just have to sell my STI first haha...glws!

Nhibbs likes this.
  12. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

I will be up in MN next week Monday - Friday if anyone wants to come check it out.
    My cell is 612-816-1837
    I will be taking more interior pics and whatnot while I am up there.

13. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

Seller's story seems to change a lot on this car. Buyer be warned, probably a scam. Flagged.

14. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Buyer boihole beware. Definitely a scam, this is actually a matchbox car that I took pics of with a macro lens. ;)

drac77 and Deathly like this.
  15. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

PRICE DROP!! I am now asking $16,500 OBO with stock wheels and winter tires + $600 for the enkei wheels and pirelli tires

As promised I took a bunch more pictures while I was back up in MN a few weeks ago and will upload them below. Finally have some interior shots.
    Been really busy at work so haven't had time to upload or really do anything to try to sell the car but maybe this price drop will kick it back off!

16. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Your knob could use a good polishing.

Bump for you

Nhibbs likes this.
  19. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Hahaha You got a purdy mouth, knob polishing was your job.

drac77 likes this.
  20. EricS

EricS Nooberator

GLWS Nibbler, that seems like a really fair price given the miles, condition, engine work and trans swap. Those wheels look very nice on it, esp. in that second pic--that's a sweet side shot.

I'm actually somewhat interested in the wheel/tire set, let me know if the buyer doesn't want them. My summer tires are shot.

Nhibbs likes this.
  21. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

Tell me more about the truck you have listed Nhobbler

22. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Thanks! Yeah pretty low miles for the year and I love the leather interior. I used to hate the hawkeye body style but it has since grown on me and is my favorite generation by far now.
    It really does kill me to sell it after upgrading everything.
    I will let you know about the wheels/tires. I have a feeling at this time of year if anything a buyer might want to negotiate just the enkei's and summer tires but who knows!
    I feel like $600 is a steal for the wheels and tires for the condition they are in so if they don't go with the car I might want a little more. Either way Ill keep you in mind.

23. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

What truck? I sold my Taco and Sonoma last year, I don't think I still have any open threads about them...

Deathly likes this.
  24. EricS

EricS Nooberator

You know I was thinking about it a bit more and I'll just get some new tires for my current wheels, so never mind.

But that is a sweet deal for them!!

25. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Getting close to a sale! Will most likely still have my enkei wheels and Pirelli tires so will list them up if it actually sells and I don't get murdered by a Craigs List killer lol.
    Wish it would have gone to someone in the community but yall are "broke hatters" ;)

Deathly likes this.
  26. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Offset on wheels?

27. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

You can smell the dead hookers in the trunk photo.

Impressive.

Deathly likes this.
  28. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

29. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Hmm.

30. ScoobySnack

So just new pistons and head studs on the rebuild? No upgraded rod bearings, rods, ect etc...

31. ScoobySnack

I'm interested in checking this out. Pm'd you.

32. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Bump and price drop.
    $15,900 obo!

Was very close to selling a few times but buyers are flaky. Getting more motivated to sell.

33. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Bump, I am planning on being up in MN next week so can meet up. I have one appointment for someone to come see it already but the more the merrier :thumbup:

I actually just sold my BMW so am really not too motivated to sell this anymore but would let it go for the right offer.
    I am trying to decide if I should drive it down to Atlanta next Friday if it doesn't sell.

34. Ryan FailRad

Ryan FailRad Well-Known Member

Drive it!

Nhibbs likes this.
  35. Deathly

Deathly Well-Known Member

No proving grounds?

36. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Nah no time.

37. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

SOLD!!! Ended up getting $13k for it down here in ATL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.