FS: 2015+ WRX SPT catback

Discussion in 'For Sale : Car Parts' started by Jason C, Apr 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason C

Jason C Well-Known Member

For sale is a 2015+ WRX SPT catback. This is the WRX version and lacks the midpipe resonator. This was a dealer installed part on my 2017 WRX and has seen about 23k miles since it was installed when I got my car in June of 2016. It has some surface corrosion typical of an exhaust system surviving MN winters. Comes with hardware. Selling it because I got a Cobb catback that sounds nicer with the Grimmspeed j-pipe I have.

tmp_18123-spt catback7458823756172870395.JPG tmp_18123-spt catback17535140180436878364.JPG

Asking $450 OBRO, local pick up in northern burbs.

2. '15 WRX

'15 WRX Well-Known Member

Can I ask what you didn't like about it with the j-pipe? I have the STI version of this on my car and would like to get a j-pipe in the future.

3. Jason C

It wasn't so much me as it was my wife. She complained it droned on the highway and was just too loud with a bit of throttle. I admit it was noticeably louder with the j-pipe, but nothing that bothered me. I thought about having a shop cut and weld in a resonator, but I didn't want to spend the cash and find out it didn't quiet things down as much as I would have liked. The Cobb gives a quieter, subdued sound that is deeper than the SPT catback. It meets Her Majesty's approval, so that's what Im going to run.

'15 WRX likes this.
  4. Jason C

Open to offers. $350 sound good?

Yuji Nagata likes this.
  5. Jason C

Catback sold! Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.