FS: $600 - 2012 Mac Mini - 2.5GHz i5 - 16gb RAM - ~870GB Fusion Drive

Discussion in 'FS: Everything else' started by clajiness, Feb 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clajiness

clajiness Well-Known Member

I recently bought a new server for my house, so I'm selling my trusty 2012 Mac Mini. The 2012 Mini is highly desirable due to it being the last model that allows user-upgradable memory and storage. It also makes a fantastic Plex server. (This is what it's done for 90% of it's life.) With HDMI, IR, and Bluetooth, it can make a great direct-connected media box too.

This Mini has the 2.5 GHz i5 processor, with 16GB of memory, and and a ~870GB Fusion drive. The Fusion drive consists of a 120GB SSD + 750GB HD. Apple's Core Storage software then creates a single logical volume that first uses the SSD, and then sends the least used data to the HD. It's a cheap way to get a ton of fast storage, and works very well. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fusion_Drive)

I've used this Mini as a server, but I'd be happy to include a 23" LG IPS monitor, Apple Magic Mouse, and Apple Wired Keyboard for an additional $200.

The only negative to this machine is a small vertical scratch on the front left of the case. Otherwise, it is very clean and well cared for. I'll add some pictures upon request, but really, it's a Mac Mini and looks like this:

macmini2012_1.jpg
    sp659_mac_mini-late2012-connections.jpg

$600 for the Mac Mini
    + $200 for the keyboard, mouse, and monitor

No, I'm not interested in trades. Thank you!

2. clajiness

Regarding the Fusion Drive, it's really just two 2.5" SATA drives. You can use the drives independently or swap them for whatever size or kind of drives you like. For example, the stock configuration for the Mac Mini Server was 2x1TB 5400RPM drives. I just didn't need that much storage, and I wanted it to be faster.

If you'd like me to "split" the Fusion Drive into two distinct drives before you buy it, I'd be happy to do it. Any other questions about this, please let me know.

3. clajiness

Bump - $500

4. scrltspedstr

scrltspedstr Well-Known Member

where were you 2 months ago

5. clajiness

Here, without my new server. :) Also, I just listed this on eBay. Bidding has already hit my minimum, so it'll sell there.

Mods, can you take this listing down? Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.