FS - Trek Pilot 5.9 Road Bike, Carbon Fiber, 54cm

Discussion in 'FS: Everything else' started by loxx0050, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loxx0050

loxx0050 Well-Known Member

Ok, gotta sell this road bike as I bought a new frame and am building up a new to me bike. Wife won't let me keep both since I had to ask for forgiveness for the new bike frame purchase (in this case she made out better since I bought her a new car recently).

The skinny, 2006 Trek Pilot 5.9 Road bike, frame size 54cm with full carbon frame and fork. Alloy bars, stem and seatpost. Brand new tires/wheels that haven't seen pavement. Brand new seat that hasn't seen anybody's rear end. Mix of mostly Ultegra and Dura Ace components.

[​IMG]

Here is my craigslist ad with more details: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/bik/5294092861.html

I'm just a tick over 5'9" and this should fit somebody with a height between 5'7" to 5'11" depending on your reach/stack/height/fit preferences (and inseam). The stem length and height mounting should take care of most of that.

Full listing for those who don't want to click on craigslist ad:

Specs:
    2006 Trek Pilot 5.9, 54cm Frame (carbon frame and fork, last year of Pilot Carbon before Madone Split off, relaxed Geometry equivalent to H3 these days)
    7800 Front and Rear Derailleurs, 6600 left STI, 105 5600 left STI,
    6600 Crankset, 53/39 Rings, 175 length
    Shimano PD-R540 Pedals included (SPD-SL style)
    DA9000 BB (will come with plastic adapter tool)
    6700 Brakset (with offset cartridge spaces as this frame requires long reach brakes),
    Ritchey WCS Alloy bar with Vision 90mm Stem and Fizik Bar Tape, FSA Headset
    Alloy seatpost with a Nashbar saddle
    Bontrager Race X-Lite Wheelset (20/24 paired bladed spokes) 10 speed with 11-25 Tiagra Cassette, brand new 23mm Continental Sprinter Tires and Nashbar brand tubes
    Shimano Chain (sized for 53/25 combo, w/KMC missing link)

Note, there is a scratch along the drive side fork and a chip in the non-drive side of the fork. The rest of the frames looks good with no scratches I can find. The 5600 right shifter face plate is beat up along with the 7800 RD with scratches but is mechanically sound and fully functional (shifts to all 10 cogs).

MN Subaru Price is $850 or through an referral through this site.

2. EricS

EricS Nooberator

Damn good price, Glws!

3. loxx0050

Thanks. To clarify, there is typo up there. The tires and tubes are brand new. The wheels are used.

4. loxx0050

Bump - open to trades.

Shot out of the dark, but open to trades for a crank based power meter with a BB30 spindle size (preferably 172.5 crank length, preferably a Rotor 3D+ or Rotor BB30 crank but willing to look at others) or a time trial race wheelset (deep dish front and a disc rear, must be 11 speed compatible, clincher preferred, HED or Zipp or other types). Otherwise, I'd be open to a trade for a fat bike too.

If you have some winter wheel/tire combo that will fit a Honda with a 5x114.3 bolt pattern I'd also be very interested. Nokian R2 or Michelin X-Ice3 is preferred but let me know what you got. Stock tire size is 215/270R16 so I'm looking for something with an equivalent or close enough diameter (this is for the wife's vehicle).

5. loxx0050

Bump and price drop. More motivated to sell now that spring is almost here.

$800 for MNSubaru or referral through this site.

6. loxx0050

Bump - last price drop $750 obo. If you refer somebody anything above $750 you can keep as a finders fee.

7. loxx0050

SOLD.

Mods please lock this up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.