Garage and old-school education Day

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Chux, May 16, 2005.

1. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Well, my AA lift should be at my parents place by now, and I will as of late tonight, so tomorrow (tuesday) I will start tearing things apart, I'll be taking the rust-free florida body and FI motor of my loyale (see sig) and putting the D/R 5-speed drivetrain from my GL + lift under it. there will probably be lots of pop and chips, and stuff, free to anyone who helps! my ultimate goal (probably won't happen, but I can dream can't I?) is to drive a lifted wagon to the midnight star wars showing.

Anyway, the address is 4880 County Road 6, from the cities, you go west on 394, turns into 12, through long lake, then you come to a stoplight (county road 6), turn left, drive ~ a mile, first driveway on the right AFTER townline drive.

I'll probably be there at all reasonable hours of the day, in the garage working, but if you'd like to call and check, the number's 763-479-3298, and ask for Matt or Chux, it really doesn't matter. my parents know what I'm doing and that I'm inviting people, so it's cool to just show up too. I won't be picking up the phone unless my mom's there, so if you get the machine, leave a message, I'll call you back, or send someone in to screen them.

here's a map:

[​IMG]

So any of you guys want to see the intimate details of how these old things work, come on over, and you few guys with BYB lifts wanna see the *first* AA lift on the market being installed on a car, come on over.

2. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

How much higher are you expecting to raise the Chux-mobile? :)

3. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

How much higher are you expecting to raise the Chux-mobile? :)
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

4" body lift, plus adjusting the stock struts up (1" - 1 1/2") plus eventually honda accord springs (2"). I should be able to stuff 28"-29" tires...

4. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

chux i will try to stop in tommorow (tuesday) and give ya a hand. you need any special tools, or anything tha tyou dont have and i might. (FYI plasma cutter requires 440v, but sawzall is cordless) lol.

5. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chux

! my ultimate goal (probably won't happen, but I can dream can't I?) is to drive a lifted wagon to the midnight star wars showing.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    you dont have any other goals in life!? good luck to you anyways! it should look badass, and hopefully it performs great too

6. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Well, little problems in Duluth today, axle trying to fail, glad I have a girlfriend who's dad has the coolest garage in history (well, almost), so I fixed it up and will be coming home today. should be there around noon. Martin...I don't need any parts...but I may need a ride out to pick up a parts car at the louisiana park and ride...}:)

and no.....my only goal in life will not happen, some parts didn't make it down in time, the wagon will still be in pieces for star wars...

7. AWDimprezaL

crap!!!!!!!! sorry to hear your plans didnt go as...planned good luck!

8. Dynapar

gimmie a call when you get back. so the parts car is in how far away? does that parts car drive its way back or do we need to tow it AWD style? (lol). i am ready to dive right in on this, theres probably alot you can do w/ out the parts in the mail, and hopefully they could come tommorow (?). IT CAN BE DONE!!!!

9. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Well, went to pick up the "parts" car today, and found it's in better condition then any of the other cars I have now (it's an '88 GL wagon, with D/R and a 5speed), until the disty crapped out on me, so no spark, so tomorrow I'm going to take the disty off the loyale and bring it over to my grandmas (were the "new" car sits now) and hopefully fix it and drive it home, at which point I'll lift it. it looks like it may be lifted for star wars after all!!!

10. Dynapar

update: sorry chux but i am updating for ya!

the wagon has the a broken timing belt (it did not make it to star wars). the front strut mounts are in and some of the lift blocks for the crossmember, and trailing arms.

11. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

;)}:):cool::p :eek: :mrgreen::eek:):) :D

12. Dynapar

looks like it would e pretty easy to pull a wheelie in that thing. lol

13. AWDimprezaL

that thing is hella clean!