garage day

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Chux, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

possibly, I'm going to try to make a JY/UPull run tomorrow, if I find what I'm looking for (Y-pipe, rear discs, couple other things...) I'll be putting them on in my (sort-of) heated garage Monday morning/day. real informal, I'll post up what I find, and what I'm planning tomorrow, y'all are invited!

2. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

yea, well, it was an unsuccessful day, found a GL-10 turbo! but it was FWD, Found a 4WD GL, couldn't get the axle nuts loose (broke a 1/2" drive craftsman ratchet }:), stopped at sears), anyway, bought a few trim pieces, and a dome light, put that stuff in tonight, but I need to change the oil tomorrow, probably will do it around noon, y'all still invited, though it won't be very interesting.

3. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

You're pretty dedicated to hang out at the junk yard this time of the year. Any Impreza's on the lot? :p I need a horn and a hood latch lever.

4. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

You're pretty dedicated to hang out at the junk yard this time of the year. Any Impreza's on the lot? :p I need a horn and a hood latch lever.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I got stripped splines on one rear hub, a bad alternater (not anymore :D) and a number of other failing electricals in the car, you bet I'm hanging out at the Yard, well, only UPull, but I'm going to have to make another trip on Thursday, I need a hub, bad. Anyway, no imprezas (not that I noticed anyway), a bunch of legacys, an XT6, and 2 GL's, but I can look for ya when we go on Thursday.

Anyway, looks like I might be doing a block heater too, and I'm going to try to fix my exhaust "leak"

If anyone is out on the west side and wants to stop in, give me a ring @ , it's my parents house, so ask for Matt or chux, either way, they know, and if you don't get an answer, leave a message, I may be screening, or at Napa

5. morganm

morganm New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chux[/i

If anyone is out on the west side and wants to stop in, give me a ring @ , it's my parents house, so ask for Matt or chux, either way, they know, and if you don't get an answer, leave a message, I may be screening, or at Napa

What's the # ?_?

Did you get a Y pipe to fix that exhuast? Or did you have another idea? Welder on hand?

When are you gonna crank in that stock Fuji lift? :D You saw Tony's... it helps !_!

6. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

I took out the number once I got up here to duluth, and no, I haven't gotten a new Y-pipe yet, tried using a piece of flex pipe that was on the plow truck, but I just got a bloody wound on my hand and a few more pounds of steel dangling from my car. But once I find some rear discs, and my dad get's the furnace fixed out there, I'll be cranking down those struts, and probably doing the accord rear spring thingy.

7. morganm

morganm New Member

Set a day and time man! I'll try to make it out :mrgreen:

I know a junkyard you could prolly get a Y pipe from. And a set of rear discs. We should do a run out to Sommerset Slavage and get that stuff. Best junkyard around! They let you offroad inside the yard :D and prices are negotiable ;)

8. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Well, we're going to try French Lake and Annandale tomorrow (more towards our side of town), and if we still come up empty-handed, then we'll try sommerset! Maybe Friday? or it might have to wait until after Xmas.

9. morganm

morganm New Member

After Xmas would prolly be best.

10. notfastenough

notfastenough New Member

hey might you know if they have at either of these junk yards a 3.9 rear ring and pinion gear? im in need of one!

11. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

yep, South-Side UPull had an ~'87 D/R wagon with a 3.9 rear diff, looked good, and out torqued our craftsman ratchet (sorry if it's broke :p)

12. notfastenough

notfastenough New Member

where is this place i just need the ring and pinion gear? but you tried to get it! lol it broke your wrench? not good. is there anymore out there? if this one is broken?

13. morganm

morganm New Member

Might help to know what Subaru you are refering too :)

U Pull R Parts, Rosemount MN is where I think he's talking about.

14. notfastenough

notfastenough New Member

oh sry i forgot ... i guess it doesnt really matter as long as its a rear 3.9 ring and pinion gear. Is there a diff between say a 2000 impreza ring and pinion gear and an 86 d/r?

15. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

don't know about the difference, don't think there is one, since the 3.7 LSD donor can be a legacy, but I don't know.

And we broke the wrench on the axle nut, as I was looking for a hub/drum

16. notfastenough

notfastenough New Member

well let me know when you go out there again and ill drive up ill bring a torch will get that sucker off.. But that d/r had a 3.9? ill be up there a the 5th next week as i have to bring my car in to get it worked on.. **** cel light! ill be up at morries some time around 10 that morn.
    Gareth

17. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by morganm

After Xmas would prolly be best.

when are you available? I'd like to go, maybe monday?

18. notfastenough

notfastenough New Member

hum monday could work.. ill be a little tired but i work at best buy on Monday 8pm to prob noon. give me a time after that, that works for you

19. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by notfastenough

hum monday could work.. ill be a little tired but i work at best buy on Monday 8pm to prob noon. give me a time after that, that works for you

k, morgan? I don't know where this place is, and UPull no longer has anything I need :p, so...

20. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

well, I bet this means it isn't happening tomorrow.

I'd like to go in the next few days, so let us know when/if your available, morgan

21. morganm

morganm New Member

I work all week except FRI. So maybe FRI we could head out there? I havent been out there in months.... hope they didnt crush all the goodies! Already lost a spider intake there :p

22. notfastenough

notfastenough New Member

fri would work be also..! that could be fun in the mud

23. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

well, I'll be in CO [​IMG] but if you guys go, pick me up a set of rear discs, and an LSD if they have one for a good price!

24. morganm

morganm New Member

Think I'm gonna pass on the junkyard trip. Tony needs some help moving out of his current house. Prolly could use my wagon to load up with stuff !_!

notfastenough: You are coming to the new years event this weekend right? Should be a good turn out there for that event.

25. notfastenough

notfastenough New Member

Yeah i want to but where when and what time..

26. morganm

morganm New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by notfastenough

Yeah i want to but where when and what time..

http://www.mnsubaru.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1202

It's all in that thread or on the USMB.