Garage Spring Cleaning

Discussion in 'FS: Everything else' started by Shancaldazar, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Shancaldazar

Shancaldazar Well-Known Member

Finally got my applications done and got around to cleaning out the garage. Send me a PM if you are interested in anything. As always, all prices are negotiable, especially if you're buying a lot! Free stuff is at the end.

20 Piece Made In The USA Craftsman Metric Wrench Set. This set has been used as my main set for a few years. All are in good condition, with some showing more use than others (I rarely use combo wrenches so even the most used are in pretty good shape). Sears no longer sells USA made wrenches, only Chinese now. Full set of 6MM to 25MM with no skips so it will cover pretty much every car with metric fasteners. $120
    IMG_3136.jpg IMG_3137.jpg IMG_3138.jpg IMG_3140.jpg IMG_3139.jpg

Then a 14 Piece SAE Craftsman USA MADE Wrench Set. Same as above, but used even less. Sizes 1/4, 5/16", 11/32", 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8, 15/16, 1". $80

IMG_3132.jpg
    IMG_3135.jpg
    IMG_3133.jpg
    IMG_3134.jpg

Harbor Freight Pittsburgh Pro 1/2" Composite ratchet. Strong 72 tooth ratchet and has a steel core overlayed with a composite material. Nice for cold weather so you aren't grabbing a freezing cold metal handled ratchet. This is brand new, I apparently got two of these and only need one! $10
    IMG_3145.jpg

2. Shancaldazar

Plastic Trim tools. Variety of shapes for removing car trim pieces without damaging them. $5
    IMG_3157.jpg

Brake Caliper Hanging hooks! Easily hang your brake calipers from the springs in your car while doing a brake job. These are made out of aluminum so they won't rust. I did powder coat them, but I screwed up in the prep phase and the powder coat is easily flaking off. Still work great regardless, and are aluminum so no worries about rust. I made these long enough to use on Subarus, including the taller newer gen. Outbacks and Foresters. $2 for 2, $4 for 4. I have two sets of 4, and one set of 2.
    IMG_3156.jpg

Tool Chest Side Shelf. Plastic but pretty durable. Has both a lip and two 90 degree support pieces. $5.
    IMG_3147.jpg IMG_3148.jpg

FREE STUFF:

2003 Subaru Forester Full Size Spare tire. Tire is original (so 15 years old). Take both the tire and the rim for the bargain price of $0 (get it out of my garage!).
    IMG_3149 2.jpg IMG_3150 2.jpg

Harbor Freight Polishing angler grinder attachments. Used once to see how well they polish aluminum (not very well, despite being advertised for it). Supposedly great for polishing stone. Also Free!
    IMG_3142.jpg
    Aluminum Welding Wire. Look at the photos for specs, this is the 5356 alloy which is stiffer and feeds better through MIG guns. I switched over to 8" spools and stopped using these tiny ones. Free!
    IMG_3143.jpg

Random Socket Assortment: 3/8 Drive 9/16" SK USA Deep Socket, BluePoint 1/4 Drive 5/8" Deep, Craftsman Industrial USA 1/2 drive 18MM shallow socket, Craftsman 1/4 Drive 14MM Shallow Socket, Kobalt 1/4" Drive 9/16" Shallow Socket, Husky Pro 3/8" Drive 7/16" Deep Socket ALL FREE (take them all)
    IMG_3158.jpg
    I always feel bad throwing out some of this stuff that I know others could use, so please take as much of the free stuff as you like. Take it all! No purchase necessary!

3. Shancaldazar

Want the table most of these shot were taken on? That's also FREE! Top is 48"x18", lower shelf is 11.5" x 48." Total height of top shelf is 30." If no one wants it, I'm chopping it up and getting rid of it.

Attached Files:

4. mctenold

mctenold Well-Known Member

Location? Or did I miss it?

5. Shancaldazar

Ahh, forgot that. Plymouth

6. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Bt the thread title I thought this was going to be about maintenance of overhead door hardware.

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  7. predavore

predavore Well-Known Member

I'll take a set of 4 hooks. PM me on how we can get together.

8. MidnightImpreza

MidnightImpreza Well-Known Member

I'll take the trim tools and a set of 4 hangers! PM me too on when and where.