gauging interest. . .

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by Swych, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Swych

Swych Well-Known Member

I have two Subaru's im debating on putting up for sale.

First i have an obsidian black pearl 2002 2.5 rs four door sedan. 160k on it, all stock minus the K&N Drop in filter and alpine aftermarket stereo/ subwoofer. not in the best of shape to be totally honest. Could be used for parts or have a couple of maintenance items done. Its been sitting for some time with every intention of redoing most of it, but i simply dont have the time.

Rust issues, burns some oil need about a quart between changes, most likely needs head gaskets (stupid 2.5 liter). Guy that owned it before me put a stick on hood scoop on it. Missing catback exhaust currently, and needs struts all around.

I'd like to get $2500 out of it. Runs and drives good just needs some tlc, but solid daily driver for me for many years, i drove it for about 5 years prior to parking it and running out of time to tinker with it.

Will post pictures soon.

Second, I have a Sonic Yellow 03 WRX wagon which is pretty rare to see. Again, some TLC needed, typical wheel well rust. Was hit by a deer on the passenger side, again dont have the time or energy to mess with it anymore. Wanting a stock 2012 + WRX sedan, and just have basic maintenance to deal with.

Mods:
    Standard Bolt-ons.
    Cold air intake K&N cone filter on the end of it.
    Silicone intake to the turbo.
    Tubo Back Catless exhaust, 3inch, no name still sounds good.
    KartBoy short throw shifter
    EGT sensor deleted
    no name 3"up pipe
    Borla unequal length header
    Swift lowering springs (1.8 inch lowering up front, .8 inch in the rear) Really cleaned up the rake
    New KYB struts (KYB sucks however as the front struts are failing after less than 3k miles, and the refuse to warranty them because i but it on lowering springs.)
    Powerslot cross drilled and slotted rotors with matching pads.
    Seibon Carbon Fiber hood.

I bought the vehicle after the accident. Engine had a burnt valve. 200k on the body, transmission, rear diff. I replaced the engine with what the seller said had 100k on it, no way to be positive of this, new timing belt and water pump, new valve cover gaskets, plugs and coils were installed prior to engine install, i've put about 12k on it since then. The seller of the car did have someone tune it, or married it to an accessport, as when i went to go in and put a map on it in open ECU i could not access the computer.

Again i dont have the time to commit to the full restoration of the vehicle, so at this point that project should be going to someone who does. interior is pretty good considering the mileage.

again pictures coming. but for the WRX i would like to get $5000 out of the WRX.

Let me know if anyone is interested, one good daily driver, one that is a project but has a ton of potential and is an extremely rare find.

2. LASERBLUE135

LASERBLUE135 Well-Known Member

I'm interested in seeing the $5,000 wagon. It need struts, has 200k miles, its rusted and dented, and has an accessport tune with no accessport coming with the car? I'm just getting all the facts straight.

silver03 likes this.