Good Dealer to Get 60month/60k Service

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Jason Hex, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Jason Hex

Jason Hex Member

I'm in the Bloomington area -> thinking of either Walser or Morries for my Forester XT... any difference in price/expertise?

2. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

Another good option to consider would be JM automotive.

SaggyWagon and Jason Hex like this.
  3. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

The best alternative is to NOT walk into a service department and say "Give me your 60,000 mile service". It has been my experience that most dealers have packages for the major service intervals and these packages often contain items that are not on the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule. Look in the manual for your car to see what exactly Subaru recommends and how often. Then have these preformed as individual services. If you wait for the typical service milestones of 30k, 60k and 90k miles, some things will be done before they are needed and some things will be done after they should be as most service items have a mileage or time interval. Be an informed shopper and not shop on price alone as quite often you are not comparing the exact same services in different dealer packages. When we had Subarus, we used both Luther in Bloomington and Morries in Minnetonka and always had good experiences at both. I have not been a fan of anything with "Walser" attached to it ever since they got their hands slapped for deceptive sales practices in their F & I offices by the MN attorney general's office and had to start recording these transactions (this was a number of years ago, but I have a good memory for companies that try to phuck over people).

Jason Hex and tangledupinblu like this.
  4. Jason Hex

Jason Hex Member

Thanks for the tips!