Good Independent Subaru repair shop in East metro?

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by EricS, Nov 5, 2016.

1. EricS

EricS Nooberator

So who's a good independent Subaru repair shop in the mid-to-east metro? I'd go to JM, but it's way far west for me for repair work where the car has to get left for the day/overnight.

Thanks in advance!

2. WLGT

WLGT Well-Known Member

Devoted Auto Works on 61 and Cedar, just a stoplight north of white bear Subaru

DIRTY D and EricS like this.
  3. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Pat Doyle at DG Auto Repair and Service in South St. Paul. He is the former head Subaru Mechanic from Morrie's BP and opened up his shop a few years ago. His shop is very clean, he's very professional, and charges reasonable rates. He was the one who pulled my motor from my STI and installed the new motor...he did an excellent job.
    https://www.facebook.com/dgautorepairandservice/

EricS likes this.
  4. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

Any work in particular that needs done?

5. EricS

EricS Nooberator

JasonoJordan likes this.
  6. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Take it to your local Walmart quicklube shop. They change oil all day so I'm sure they would be excited for something different! haha

7. EricS

EricS Nooberator

Thanks for the recommendation J, I went to Pat for the timing belt service and I concur with all you said. I'll definitely be bringing other cars back to Pat at DG in the future. When I got there and saw an ITA e30 and a Spec Racer Ford both in for rebuilds, I felt like I made a good choice :)

TMF likes this.
  8. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Awesome, glad to hear you went there! And yea, he's in with the racing crowd and Dave has Race Suit Rental next door, along with his spec racer Ford rental business... There are always some race cars around!

9. GrawvyRobber

GrawvyRobber Active Member

Lancer Automotive in St. Paul. Carl is full of knowledge. Young owner who has owned a wrx and sti.

10. TacoSalad

TacoSalad Member

Auto Edge in mahtomedi did me right earlier this year. They're known as the Porsche guys in the twin cities but they work on everything and I see a fair amount of Subarus out front (I drive by there to/from work). They installed a bunch of Grimmspeed parts and a new clutch for me, at a reasonable price. What pleased me the most was when the manager Dan took me in back and showed me exactly why my old clutch failed