Great........ :(

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by whipsack, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whipsack

whipsack Well-Known Member

2. Bielke55

Bielke55 Well-Known Member

Well as much as it does suck... Theres alot of truth in the story.

3. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

That sucks but I am keeping mine until I get a ticket.

4. project/driven

project/driven Well-Known Member

This just seems like police PR Bull****. I bet the fact that there is a decent size fine attached to this had "nothing" to do with the increased enforcement.

5. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

I got one recently.....in my driveway.:mad: Welcome to the new neighborhood:emo:

the EP police are cracking down on it...so they say. It's a BS law. The officer that ticketed me verified that suv's and trucks can have whatever tint they want...behind the front windows.

Comparing an incident in TX to issues up here in MN is also BS. I'm sorry to hear about the officer that was shot, but if someone in TX has legally dark tint and you're gong to stop them don't you think you'd yell over the PA asking the person to roll down their windows BEFORE approaching the car? In texas the legal limit is 25% behind the driver and any level in the rear window

6. Taras

Taras BANNED

wow, I have so much to say about this, but I will have to hold myself! I will say one thing: this is such bs. They should take care of the crazy hicks in Taxas who sleep, drink and probably take a crap with their guns. I mean, cant they just make it so If you have tint on your car when you get pulled over you just lower all your windows untill the cop comes to your car?

7. Iroc-Z

Iroc-Z Well-Known Member

I have had 35 percent for two years with no tickets. Knock on wood.

8. carl

carl Well-Known Member

bs. I have 35% tint and I see peds and bikers quite easily

9. IamUnInc

IamUnInc Well-Known Member

I blame this on alot of the kids i went to highschool with. They hold the whole mind set that if you tint your windows dark then you can smoke as much weed as you want. The reality of it is that if the cop doesnt know what youre doing in your car then youre suspicious to them. While some of the time the only reason people have tint is for sun and/or the way it looks alot of the other time its because there doing something in there car that they dont want anyone to see. So, sorry everyone on here there that has tint for legitimate or close to legitimate reasons. When it comes down to it its just more money for the state because i really doubt that there have been that many cases where the police have been ambushed by someone with tinted windows in Minnesota.

10. Taras

Taras BANNED

I am actually on hold right now (going on 10 minutes) to pay my tint ticket. Tried to pay online but the freaking citation number is incorrect!!!!

11. wings_23

wings_23 New Member

Illegal tint, and illegal aliens...... if you ask me those are two of the biggest problems we deal with in Minnesota and the nation for that matter:eek4:

Do you ever wonder why people while driving drunk kill thousands and thousands of people a year, but alcohol isnt illegal. Now 3 cops get killed every year because of illegal tint, lets crack down on it right now and make it an issue.:eek3:

12. Scuba Steve

oh...forgot to mention. the undercover police suv that pulled me over for tint had dark tint in the rear windows.....and he even acknowledged it was darker than 50%...but again, it's legal for him, just not legal for me.

13. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

which undercover was it?

14. whipsack

great, and I live in EP. I agree, with what you said and I think it's very unfair comparing Texas and MN. They have a much higher crime rate. Drug traffic, illegal immigration, much larger population, AND 25% tint behind the driver.

15. IamUnInc

IamUnInc Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there has been a case in Minnesota where a cop was ambushed by someone in a car with tinted windows. I mean the whole ambushing a cop thing doesnt seem to relevent to the tinted windows. Sure i guess it could happen but has it?

16. curly2k3

i dunno, i can see both sides to it. i know when i get pulled over i have my window down and paper work in hand waiting for him by the time he even gets out of the car. i think cops are on powertrips right now and they are fearing for their lives for whatever reason.... they think they are that important and people are out to get them, when really, they are all just a bunch of d-bags.

17. whipsack

yep.. more revenue for road destruction...

18. Scuba Steve

dodge durango...I think it's their black one.

on another note- don't get me wrong...i really like the EP police as they have always been fair and very willing to help. especially when I had a guy to a hit and run on my car a couple years back. That cop actually inspected my car in detail (yes..had the tint at that time..of course he said nothing). complemented me on the car...and even nailed the guy that hit my car within one day. :biggrin:

19. Taras

Taras BANNED

Just got off the phone with Hennepin County and they could not find my ticket in the system. Should i still pay it? They told me on the phone that its just their system that does not show the tickets right way, but i still have to pay it. Sounds fishy to me.

20. curly2k3

see, i have honestly found EP police to be the absolute worst. there are roughly 2 cops on that force that i have liked and not been a complete tool to me. oh well, can't win them all right.

21. Scuba Steve

usually takes 5-7 business days to get in their system. you need to wait until the have the number in the system before you pay.

22. curly2k3

yes you still have to pay for it, those morons took 6 weeks to enter my ticket, they told me i had 1 month to pay it, they hadn't entered it even when i paid it, then they called me when they finally did and told me i owed still. i laughed, told them to check the records and hung up.

23. Taras

Taras BANNED

Yeah i got it on the 22nd of last month. I will just mail the damn check.

24. Hallywood

Hallywood Well-Known Member

Older guy? He busted me at least 3 times lol. 13% sticks out quite a bit.

My tint is now off, after getting 5 tickets for it, (I only had to pay on 2 of them) my luck had ran out.

25. Hallywood

^^ Best thing to do. Put your citation # on the memo. The last tint ticket I got took 3 months to go through. I thought maybe, just maybe I would get out of it again...but sure enough they sent a letter saying pay your fine or your license is suspended.

Added:

BTW I took my tint off that time and did not have to pay a fine. The hearing officer said I was lucky as I could of had my vehicle impounded since I had not taken the tint off from previous tickets.

26. Scuba Steve

:eek4:

27. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

:laugh:

28. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

well....put yourself in the officers' shoes. You have no idea what you're going to encounter when you're walking up to a car. especially at night. sure, the chances of getting ambushed or jumped or something are extremely slim, but it could happen.

I know if I were a cop, I'd want to see everything that's happening in that car when walking up to it. And if I couldn't, I'd be a bit more on edge.

I do think they're taking it a bit too far, but it's not BS.

29. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

Well, when the driver window is open, how can tint be used as an excuse?

As for the case in Texas, the article never said the shooting would have been avoided if there wasn't tint. Nowhere does it say that the officer would have avoided the situation if there was no tint....typical sensationalistic reporting BS. If it was directly related, state the facts.

30. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

they can get you for FACTORY tint too.

31. Vorgto

Vorgto BANNED

They will use whatever twisted facts they want to procude whatever outcome they want. If they want tinted windows to seem bad they will use that as the excuse for why everything happens.

If your shooting a cop your probly going to attempt to shoot that cop w/ tint or not!.

32. Scuba Steve

If I was a cop and had any doubts I would simply ask over the loud speaker to have all windows rolled down BEFORE approaching the car...tint or not. Anyone that walks up to a vehicle with dark tint (legal or not) and puts himself in the possible line of fire is a cop that needs to take a step back and think....."hmmm, I can't see who is in the car or what they are doing....should I approach the vehicle?" :roll:

33. Vorgto

Vorgto BANNED

No we can't hire smarter police.... we must make the stupider ones safer!

34. whipsack

AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

35. TheHoboMan

TheHoboMan Well-Known Member

Gah, I was gonna get tint soon too, gonna have to rethink that now.. ><

36. Hallywood

You know what is going to happen, they are going to make a statue making all tint on all vehicles illegal.

They will then require some mandatory test for people with "sensitive" eyes before allowing them to get tint on their windows. The minimum will require like 75% light through

37. Taras

Taras BANNED

If I get pulled over again for any reason I will just roll all my windows down and wait till the cop comes to the car. I bet that will make the cop feel better and might get me out of a ticket.

38. Hallywood

I was driving with all my windows down in the summer, and got pulled over for tint.

Keep dreamin man, they will think your trying to hide the fact that you have tint and give you a ticket.

39. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

some people don't roll down their window until the officer is right there.

AND, that still doesn't help with the back seat.

40. nm+

nm+ Professional Hypocrite

Yes, this would work well on cars without power windows, and then they'll be grabbing all over the car.
    Cops do really dislike tinted windows and there is an officer safety reason for them. I do agree that cars, vans, and trucks should all be treated equally. Of course the other reason they want these laws is so they can do a visual search of the car for anything that would give em PC to search.
    I've never really seen the appeal of tinted windows anyhow.

41. Taras

Taras BANNED

I actully dont think they can pull you over for just tint. Its got to be something else. Like you forgot to turn the blinker on or something like that. He pulled me over becuase my license plate lights were too blue.

42. nm+

nm+ Professional Hypocrite

No they can't.
    Factory tint is part of the DOT approved windows and regulation of factory tinted windows by the states would be a violation of the interstate commerce clause.
    Show you tint is factory (get a letter for manufacturer or dealer) and get it dismissed.
    This does not apply to situtaions where the factory tint bumps you over when covered with aftermarket tint
    Yes, you can be pulled over for just tint.
    Any cop who does it is a jackass though.

43. TheHoboMan

TheHoboMan Well-Known Member

Whats the reasoning with allowing trucks/suvs as dark as they want? There could be more imaginary assailants waiting for officers in a truck/suv than in the backseat of a sedan. ><

44. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

I got ticketed for factory tint. I35 S at the truck pull off between Exit 26 and 18. I explained that this is how the car came to me from the factory and he gave me some lecture on police safety and told me I had to get it fixed. I told him the car isn't even mine, it is the company's car and it is purchased and delivered to me as is. And that I wouldn't waste a dime of my own money to tint windows on a car that I don't own. Common sense didn't work, he still ticketed me.

45. Taras

Taras BANNED

because trucks are so sweet! They are big, waste a ton of gas and take a **** ton of space. and you can rig a .50cal on it and it will look like a battleship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.