Greetings from Nebraska

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat' started by yosmiley, Feb 24, 2020.

1. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Hello fellas and ladies...

Just wanted to say hi as it's been ages since I've signed on... I'm glad the MN Subaru community has grown and expanded to what it is today.

This forum came up on a recent conversation I had at a local dealership here in Nebraska (yes, I've moved out of MN due to my job). I informed the dealership that I am one of the original person who started this web forum. For old time sake I decided to see if my acct still work. So here I am :thumbup:

I'm one of the original person who started this web forum with the help of Jordan Price from MNAudi. Matt S., Todd E., Russ S., and a select few all started this back in the early 2000s... before the web forum, there was a Bulletin Board ran by Todd E. for MN Subaru owners. The BB forum takes too long to load and searching for info was a nightmare. Thus we moved to web base afterward.

Anyways, enough with the history of this forum. Great to see you all are thriving and sharing knowledge/data.

Hope to jump back on an STi in the future... currently driving a 2018 Outback. One of these days when I visit MN. Would love to catch up with you fellas in here.

Any members back from 2004 to 2008 still active on the forum?

tangledupinblu likes this.
  2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

I’m a 2006-er! Been hosting cruises to LaCrosse WI. since 2007. This years cruise is Saturday August 29th! You should try to make it...calling ALL the OG’s out of hiding:)

-Josh

yosmiley likes this.
  3. yosmiley

Hey Josh,

Thanks for the info. I'll put it on my calendar and hopefully can make it if I can get coverage at work. I work weekends with my duty here :mad:

I do recall those LaCross, WI cruise and gathering. I've also been on a few cruise lead by Matt S. (bikerboy) who takes us into the WI back roads. Lots of great memories.

-Vic

4. tangledupinblu

Matt is off to greener pastures, but does log in once in a blue moon. Those “fall fun runs” in WI were so much fun! Miss those. There is rumors that this forum platform may disappear by next year as the traffic has died off. Russ is holding the cards for that though, so we’ll see how things play out.

Everybody over on Facebook these days. No time for car forums anymore I guess :(

Good to hear from you Vic!

5. Eazy_E_Rich

Eazy_E_Rich Well-Known Member

Should make a MNSubaru FB group if this ship ever sinks, one can only handle so much of the MNSubiez chatter....

joebush44, Cotts612, euro and 3 others like this.
  6. tangledupinblu

It already exists!
    37BA72B9-F4EB-41A2-A804-1768F90381BC.png

euro and Krazylegz1485 like this.
  7. Eazy_E_Rich

Eazy_E_Rich Well-Known Member

Good to know something is out there. Probably need to change it to a group when the ship goes down so we can all post overpriced things and comment about how people should take their junk to the mnsubize group :p

8. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Was also gonna say/suggest that it needs to be a group.

9. yosmiley

Yeah, Matt stopped by for a visit here in Nebraska a year ago. We grabbed a bite to eat and catch up on old times. He was on his way to Colorado for a Kennel event. Yes, those fall fun run were great times. I still have photos from a couple of those events. I'll have to dig up the HD and post it on it. Well, I don't blame the shutting down of the web forums... most everything is moving to FB.

Who is managing the web forum these days? Russ?

10. tangledupinblu

Yes sir.

11. pbedroske

pbedroske Well-Known Member

I still own and daily my 2004 WRX. I'm pretty sure I joined mnsubaru sometime in 2004ish.
    I wouldn't call myself "active" per se, but maybe"lurker".

12. tangledupinblu

Yep!