H6 upgrade group buy

Discussion in 'For Sale : Car Parts' started by WRX1, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok, I know that I have a couple of people interested in doing the H6 upgrade. This is for the wrx, and what it does is convert the rear to the 12.4 inch rotor. All that is needed is the caliper mounting brackets and the rotors. It is the same caliper for the upgrade. There are TONS of thread on nasioc on the upgrades. I am thinking about getting the mounting brackets purchased buy the end of the month. I am thinking about ordering the brackets before the karting event, and delivering them at the event (if it happens). Let me know if you are interested. I will possibably order on the 20th of feb to have them by feb 28th. Again, the brackets are about $55 a piece, so the total is about $120 after sales tax and such. I will check my notes to get a exact price, but it is $120 or less. So far here is my short list for the upgrade. If anyone else is interested, let me know so I can get your brackets at the same time.

Me
    Dave
    Joel

Russ

2. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Anyone?? Let me know, I am going to order 2 sets probably by the end of next week or so.

Russ

3. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Yeah cmon people...better braking! That's a nice change from going faster. :)

4. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

I'm just curious, but wouldn't it make more sense to upgrade your front brakes first? Your front brakes do almost all the work on tarmac. This is a logical next step after putting 4-pots up front though.

5. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

The fronts are going to get upgraded, I am just getting the rear brackets now, and finish the upgrade when we do the rotor buy. I am just trying to spread out the cost a bit, so you don't have to come up with $600 for rotors and $120 for the brackets all at the same time.

Russ

6. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Everyone I have talked to with the 4-pots in front on a WRX say that they don't offer any increased stopping power. It's mostly a "feel" mod. Putting bigger rotors on the back will increase bias toward the rear and reduce some of the front end squat under heavy braking. I swapped a couple PMs with people whose opinions I respect that said looking back on it, they would not have done 4-pots in front first.

I won't be able to say one way or the other with confidence until I do it.

7. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Thats is basically my angle right now. With my other parts I am planning on putting on my car, I can't afford to do a complete upgrade. For now I am going to get the good rotors, and do the H6 upgrade for the rear. I am going to put in some good pads and stainless line with good 600 degree fluid and call it good. Once I get everything else done, I might swithc over to the 4 pot fronts, but for now, just the other stuff. I did some cryo'd rotors and some performance friction z rated pads in my truck, and I bet it stops better than my subi does now. I did think good rotors and some good pads would make that huge of a difference.

Russ

8. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I will probably be ordering the brackets by either this Thursday or next monday. I know I need 2 set right now (for Dave and myself), if anyone else wants my to get thiers at the same time, let me know.

Russ

9. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Yeah, buy brackets for me too.

10. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok, anyone else going to do the upgrade?? I am going to order that brackets this weekend (probably Friday), and I will get them next week. Right now, I just need to get 3 sets (Dave, Joel, and myself), so if you want me to pick up the brackets, let me know. I also have the subaru part number if someone want to order them later, but they probably won't be as cheap.

Russ

11. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok, the brackets have been ordered, and I will pick them up this friday. I will let evreyone know when I have them, and find out when we want to meet up.

Russ

12. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

going to pick up the brackets today. Joel, let me know what you want to pick them up. I will get a final price when I pick them up, but I think it should be around $116 with tax ($54.12 each).

Russ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.